Hacking 3in1 Rumble in GBA

MJMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I recently got an original 3in1 for my DS Lite. I've been thinking... why exactly is it that gba games being run off of the 3in1 don't have access to the Rumble components? It's the same slot, and the border is patched by default when running from a slot1 (I use an AceKard 2.1). Some games (Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Drill Dozer, etc) support rumble via the GameBoy Player, by using the GameCube controller's rumble. Also, I seem to remember something about an application that let you patch GBA games and homebrew so that it had different borders and such.
My thinking: wouldn't there be a way to code an intermediate application that redirects rumble signals (when supported and enabled in-game) to the Rumble hardware on the 3in1, since they're both in the same location, hardware-wise? I know this may be a bit tricky, if not impossible... what restrictions are there to using two or more of the 3in1's components together? will the DS just not see it at all when in GBA mode? If not, would there be a way to make an NDS app that loads up a GBA game and applies some of this hardware, but runs it through the gba hardware within the DS?
Sorry if I was just rumbling rambling there, just throwing out some ideas
smile.gif

~D4 M0nk3t

MJMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. I suppose that means that either nobody's up to the challenge of answering me, or nobody truly knows the answer. I guess I'll just have to look elsewhere and/or figure it out on my own. Thanks anyway all. (And yes, I shall keep checking in, just in case...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.