3in1 question

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by silent sniper, Jan 9, 2008.

1. silent sniper
    OP

silent sniper !dennaB

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Vancouver, Canada
    so, how exactly does its memory work? i have an R4, and i'm shopping for slot-2 cards, and i need to know how i actually put the gba roms on. do i just put the roms onto my r4, plug in the 3in1 and it will work? if thats wrong, then what do i do?

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    You SRAM patch the games with GBATA, put them on the slot 1 cart, and use a third party loader like the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool to transfer games to the 3-in-1 and manage saves.

3. silent sniper
    OP

silent sniper !dennaB

Jan 3, 2008
    Canada
    Vancouver, Canada
    oh ok. so sounds like i'm saving 30 bucks and going with this.

4. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    Where do I get this GBATA, because I want to save up some money for this?

And also, will this work with my DS-X and my DSTT that I will be buying soon? How many games can I put on it?

5. noONE

noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 24, 2007
    Linköping/Norrköping, Sweden.
    I think it works with most DLDI compatible Slot 1 cards, and you don't put the games in the 3 in 1 , you put 'em on the Slot 1 card, which then transfers into the RAM of the 3in1 ( if you don't flash it to the NOR memory, then it will stay till it's removed, but you can only store 1 game at a time there)

6. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Oh, thats kinda stupid that you can only put one game on at a time, Thanks for answering. But, where can I find GBATA?

7. dmonkey21

dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 10, 2007
    United States
    I guess... but if you use rudolphs 3-in-1 loader on an r4 you have as many games as you want pn the microsd. So its realy the same thing as if you were using say an m3 or a supercard, because you still have to write to PSRAM or NOR, but its just on the top card instead.

U can find GBATA .7a (most recent version) under downlaods here on GBATemp.

8. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    I don't have an R4, I only have a DS-X and a DSTT which Im ordering soon. Thanks for the info, and where to download!