Hacking Question 3GB used on internal storage, even though nothing is installed to internal storage?

JokerJoester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally installed an NSP to my internal storage, quickly deleted it to move it over to my microSD card, and now there 3GB is used up on my internal storage

How can I clean it out? Is it possible that there is a bunch of unclaimed space on my microSD card too?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The internal storage is split into 2 partitions: SYS and USER. SYS is around 3 GB in size and stores all of the pertinent system information while USER is close to 26 GB and is the internal storage space you see in the menu.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's something I don't understand about that. I sent my system in for repairs, and I got back a refurbished unit. I installed everything I had installed previously, yet this new system has like 2GBs more space. I don't get it. I did have about seven photos on my original system, and saves for about 12 games, but surely they couldn't have taken up that much space.

JokerJoester

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe under data management, should be able to see what is installed

It doesn't show anything is installed to the internal storage

The internal storage is split into 2 partitions: SYS and USER. SYS is around 3 GB in size and stores all of the pertinent system information while USER is close to 26 GB and is the internal storage space you see in the menu.

That doesn't appear to be the case here. I had 25GB free before I installed the NSP, and now I only have 22GB free.

Edit: The NSP itself was about 14GB

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't show anything is installed to the internal storage

That doesn't appear to be the case here. I had 25GB free before I installed the NSP, and now I only have 22GB free.

Edit: The NSP itself was about 14GB
I know the Wiiu had a problem like this with failed installed. The solution there was to FTP into the console and remove the files from some "temporary install" folder or something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1