Question 3GB used on internal storage, even though nothing is installed to internal storage?

JokerJoester Nov 6, 2018.

1. JokerJoester
    OP

JokerJoester Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2018
    United States
    I accidentally installed an NSP to my internal storage, quickly deleted it to move it over to my microSD card, and now there 3GB is used up on my internal storage

How can I clean it out? Is it possible that there is a bunch of unclaimed space on my microSD card too?

2. 0000ff

0000ff Spase Peepole

Mar 3, 2018
    United States
    Space
    maybe under data management, should be able to see what is installed

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The internal storage is split into 2 partitions: SYS and USER. SYS is around 3 GB in size and stores all of the pertinent system information while USER is close to 26 GB and is the internal storage space you see in the menu.

godreborn likes this.
  4. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    here's something I don't understand about that. I sent my system in for repairs, and I got back a refurbished unit. I installed everything I had installed previously, yet this new system has like 2GBs more space. I don't get it. I did have about seven photos on my original system, and saves for about 12 games, but surely they couldn't have taken up that much space.

5. JokerJoester
    OP

JokerJoester Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2018
    United States
    It doesn't show anything is installed to the internal storage

That doesn't appear to be the case here. I had 25GB free before I installed the NSP, and now I only have 22GB free.

Edit: The NSP itself was about 14GB

6. hatredg0d

hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2009
    United States
    Minnesota
    I know the Wiiu had a problem like this with failed installed. The solution there was to FTP into the console and remove the files from some "temporary install" folder or something like that.

7. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the wii u's temporary folder is named "import" iirc, but yeah, maybe the switch has something similiar.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted