Installing and using apps/homebrew in internal storage

mrjshzk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone.
I have a switch with a very specific problem, for some reason the sd card is forced into "1-bit mode", which makes the reading/writing speeds very slow, I have tried replacing the reader and re-soldering the conector pins. I don't care about being banned since I don't use online features.
Is there any way to install and use apps in the internal storage? I know the CFW has to be on the sdcard but can I do this?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone.
I have a switch with a very specific problem, for some reason the sd card is forced into "1-bit mode", which makes the reading/writing speeds very slow, I have tried replacing the reader and re-soldering the conector pins. I don't care about being banned since I don't use online features.
Is there any way to install and use apps in the internal storage? I know the CFW has to be on the sdcard but can I do this?
Does the connector look good on both sides? Often pins break off on the motherboard side.
My cousin has a Switch with the same problem but the connector is good, I've ordered a replacement SD reader board twice from AliExpress now and both times it got lost in shipping so I don't know yet if replacing the SD reader will solve it for him.

You have to boot sysNAND CFW to install apps to internal storage. But it's only 32 GB, that's only enough for 1 large game or not even that as some games are bigger than 32 GB.

Reactions: impeeza

mrjshzk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Unfortunately not and I have been moving around from shops trying everyone of them to fix the soldering and nothing, This has been for the last 4 months

I don't mind since I just wanna play emulators and small indies on the go. Does that mean I can have those installed in internal storage and I can use them?
Post automatically merged:

Does the connector look good on both sides? Often pins break off on the motherboard side.
My cousin has a Switch with the same problem but the connector is good, I've ordered a replacement SD reader board twice from AliExpress now and both times it got lost in shipping so I don't know yet if replacing the SD reader will solve it for him.

You have to boot sysNAND CFW to install apps to internal storage. But it's only 32 GB, that's only enough for 1 large game or not even that as some games are bigger than 32 GB.
Unfortunately not and I have been moving around from shops trying everyone of them to fix the soldering and nothing, This has been for the last 4 months

I don't mind since I just wanna play emulators and small indies on the go. Does that mean I can have those installed in internal storage and I can use them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol