3DSXL freezes, how to mod it to backup from NAND?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ceelo, Feb 18, 2015.

1. ceelo
    OP

ceelo GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    I may be wrong, but I believe there is someone in the GBATemp community who does or knows about a service to be paid and sending my 3DSXL to them to hardmod it to unbrick it with the NAND backup of the system?

My 3DS goes to the homescreen (originally 9.2, currently version 4.5, it was downgraded using Gateway downgrader). but it doesnt do anything after that. It just freezes if you enter any app. Ive taken out the Mem card, and the Gamecart, and it just freezes when I try to enter anything. Can someone point me in the direction of who I need to talk to, to fix my 3DS using my NAND backup? I don't want to send it to Nintendo because they will update it to a firmware we all know we don't want.

I knew of someone here, but if I see the name, Ill remember em. Thanks in advance!

::edit:: I also wanted to clarify, the downgrade and everything worked perfectly. This problem happened like a week or two later. Everything was working perfect so I don't even know how this happened.

I also guess the title should be "WHERE to send for repair via NAND"

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    Message hundshamer he offer NAND mods in US

Ps does your 3ds not show any banners for any applications, I fixed one recently that had similar symptoms and restoring the 9.2 backup and downgrading again fixed it perfectly, I can only assume the downgrade process must of messed up at some point

3. Avalynn

Avalynn I'm here to help poeple out as I can.

Feb 23, 2014
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    If you are around the East Coast drop me a message :) and if you're not, please take some snow with you.

Ronhero likes this.
  4. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    I am in the midwest, and have plenty of experience with unbricking restoring 3DS.

5. HarEllis6202

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    Hi I'm from Michigan and I'm not bricked but I have nand backups for 4.5 and 9.2 and would like to pay for a mod. If the n3ds has been pinned out I would pay to mod that as well. Thank you for your time