Homebrew 3DSThem.es - Your new destination for custom 3DS themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Finally a donate button instead of annoying ads aimed at 10 year olds or a giant red box. Had Project Wonderful DNS blocked for spyware & malware, glad to see it finally dropped.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
I would, but I found another possibility.

Also, to make it clear. I don't have a problem with unobtrusive ads. I don't have a problem if you nicely ask people to turn adblock off (ie. showing such a message in a placeholder where the ad should be). But cockblocking adblock users like that isn't welcome. Are you really that desperate for money?

Shouldn't have spent all your money on an expensive ego-flattering domain name, I guess.

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It kills me seeing people so ticked over the AdBlock thing

Remember the internet before AdBlock?
Good Times

And think of the situation @MarioErmando is in
There is legit nothing he can do that wont make most of us rage at him.

Last edited by Ricken,

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It kills me seeing people so ticked over the AdBlock thing

Remember the internet before AdBlock?
Good Times

And think of the situation @MarioErmando is in
There is legit nothing he can do that wont make most of us rage at him.
Want to have ads? Sure. Want to show a placeholder where ads are when using adblock? Sure. Want to have a giant red screen when using an adblocker? You're a dick. Want to then go and harass the makers of an adblock blocker blocker? You're also a dick. You want to act like this guy? You're an uber dick with a cherry on top.

Reactions: saikorican

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
keep in mind OP is 15. for a 15 year old to make that entire site is pretty frigging awesome IMO. and i'd get pissed off at a bunch of people shitting on my hard work (which is available for free) too when i was 15. hell i probably still would today.

usagirei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
keep in mind OP is 15. for a 15 year old to make that entire site is pretty frigging awesome IMO. and i'd get pissed off at a bunch of people shitting on my hard work (which is available for free) too when i was 15. hell i probably still would today.

Nobody was shitting on anything until he decided to purposely pick a fight with adblock-users.
Can't say about now, but this all started for a reason.

I sugested making the red box an bootstrap-like alert, but no, after that he began to try and completely block access to the site.
Didn't work that well for forbes and some other big guys, don't see how it would end well here.

Reactions: Foxy and Emenaria

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
just because he's 15 doesn't mean he can do whatever and we should just say it's "awesome"

I could very well make the same kind of website, without ads and without abusing Javascript.

Also, it's not "available for free" when you're forced to comply to particular measures. It's like a bakery where they claim that their items are free, but they force you to take your clothes off before entering. Would you consider it free?

This isn't really relevant anymore anyway as the ad thing was removed.

Reactions: Emenaria and Ricken

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also, it's not "available for free" when you're forced to comply to particular measures. It's like a bakery where they claim that their items are free, but they force you to take your clothes off before entering. Would you consider it free?
you're acting like you had to sit through an advertisement video before you had access to the site. that's not what happened. your comparison is severely flawed. it's like if you went to a bakery with free food but above the counter is a banner for Samsung phones. and yeah, i'd definitely still go there. every single day.

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
"it's like if you went to a bakery with free food but above the counter is a banner for Samsung phones." with a policeman forcing you to watch said banner

if you want to go that way, you can't compare web ads to their real life counterpart anyway, because you can't adblock them in real life

I don't really understand the logic behind blocking adblockers anyway. The users who are the most likely to click ad banners are not those who use adblockers.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"it's like if you went to a bakery with free food but above the counter is a banner for Samsung phones." with a policeman forcing you to watch said banner

if you want to go that way, you can't compare web ads to their real life counterpart anyway, because you can't adblock them in real life

I don't really understand the logic behind blocking adblockers anyway. The users who are the most likely to click ad banners are not those who use adblockers.
bullshit. nobody's forcing you to look at the ads. they're only asking you to not block them. you can look wherever you want :)
it's like a bakery with a samsung banner above the counter. but some people wear hats that block the view of the banner, so the bakery asked to please remove your hat. or don't enter. shit's still free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...