Homebrew 3DSThem.es - Your new destination for custom 3DS themes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm always getting Adblock detected on my phone despite using Chrome which doesn't even have extensions on Android.

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
"You're using an extension that hides our request to disable your adblocker to support the site.

Disable to continue to 3DSThem.es"

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error.
Are you using this?

I'm always getting Adblock detected on my phone despite using Chrome which doesn't even have extensions on Android.
the site isn't meant to work on mobile

Reactions: SomeGamer

usagirei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Look, @MarioErmando this is getting out of hand.

Nothing agaist you personally, I'm aware you need money to run the server but come on now, can't you find a less draconic way than outright blocking access to the site?

Oh, and one more thing, one can still bypass your adblocker-blocker-blocker.
Still, havent given my userscript to remove the nags to anybody (aka, the one I use, which nobody else has).

Edit: hadn't it's out there somewhere

Last edited by usagirei,

usagirei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There was just the adblock message that didn't do anything at all other than just sitting there but people blocked that too

Then perhaps make the "unobtrusive message", as you dare to call it in the js code, actually unobstrusive, like perhaps an alert a-la bootstrap, isntead of a giant red box in the middle of the screen that totally disrupts the rest of the layout.
Or if you want it there, make it less annoyingly red.

By making it that way you purposely spun people to try and remove it, its like a red coat to a bull challenge

EDIT: Can still block the adblocker-blocker easily
Code:
prototype !== "undefined"
can be easily spoofed, as can most of javascript code.

Last edited by usagirei,

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've found a bug in the site?

Just installed Pale Moon, and when I went to 3dsthem.es (typed it myself), it said I was logged in as the user angelrulez7 even tho my user is Ricken (here and there) and nobody has used my computer other than me
nILBhia.png
Only thing I could come up with was initially having my AdBlock enabled

And No I didn't make a new account and come here to troll :/

Last edited by Ricken,

erman1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think I've found a bug in the site?

Just installed Pale Moon, and when I went to 3dsthem.es (typed it myself), it said I was logged in as the user angelrulez7 even tho my user is Ricken (here and there) and nobody has used my computer other than me
nILBhia.png
Only thing I could come up with was initially having my AdBlock enabled

And No I didn't make a new account and come here to troll :/
Security bug fixed

Reactions: Ricken

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what people have against ads. The ones on the site aren't intrusive nor have any sources that set off my malware filter, so it should be fine to just add the site to your whitelists. Otherwise, 3dsthem.es is just a free service. If you want that service to stick around, it doesn't hurt to let it use the minuscule amount of resources needed to load the ads.

Now if the ads had pop-ups, audio, video, or used adfly, then I'd understand. The ads on the site are about as inoffensive as it gets.

Reactions: Hoppy and Ricken

ianolivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what people have against ads. The ones on the site aren't intrusive nor have any sources that set off my malware filter, so it should be fine to just add the site to your whitelists. Otherwise, 3dsthem.es is just a free service. If you want that service to stick around, it doesn't hurt to let it use the minuscule amount of resources needed to load the ads.

Now if the ads had pop-ups, audio, video, or used adfly, then I'd understand. The ads on the site are about as inoffensive as it gets.

What they have against ads are the viruses they tend to install. I've gotten a virus from one before and they only thing that protected be from having that happen again was pulling the battery out of my laptop before it could download one.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What they have against ads are the viruses they tend to install. I've gotten a virus from one before and they only thing that protected be from having that happen again was pulling the battery out of my laptop before it could download one.
If you're that worried about 3dsthem.es having ads like that, why not just disable all your filters save the malware filter, assuming you have one?

ianolivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're that worried about 3dsthem.es having ads like that, why not just disable all your filters save the malware filter, assuming you have one?

Apparently, he blocked people who have adblock installed, even if they have it disabled. He's essentially forcing people to get rid of their adblocker completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    a current gen i5 is plenty,next is RAM size, and then GPU depending on the kinda setting and game you play
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 why the G-series?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On board graphics it'll just be a ps3 emu machine
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    easier to troubleshoot? or gpu comes later?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Won't need a GPU with G series for emulation
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I won't upgrade untill the day comes I can't play the games with my current hardware or something breaks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's equivalent to a gt 560 which should be enough for ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I won't need to hack a 360 @BigOnYa :tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    well, if you get a gud enuf PSU, you could futureproof it incase you actually need the gpu down the line
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a spare 650w some place
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/4aQazgy not bad for a $40 case
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    for me a 650w is base
    line
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    very gud case, but make sure you have the kinda PSU with very flexible cables
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i know people with this exact case
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah hog tie the cables
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like one with support for a couple 3.5" bays though
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    not that, some psu like those corsair rm series stock cables have very big knicks that make it impossible to fit in there
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my friend had to order some custom cables for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just buy another 650 watt power supply, and Raid them
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    well, it's not a showpiece, but it'll get the job done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Splice two 24 pins together
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i bought mine with funtionality and cooling in mind for the most part, and fitting my crappy budget too ofc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We should all tell Xdqwerty when he gets old enough to build his own pc
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got 7 case fans in mine, replaced 4 when some broke cus they ran loud and wonky
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i got 7 case fans in mine, replaced 4 when some broke cus they ran loud and wonky