Homebrew 3DSNES - Is this real?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This thread is getting a little bit too heated for my liking, I'll have to report this mess for moderation. Please stop arguing about whether or not 3DS Mode use is "useless" or not - we know it's useful, it's just the first baby steps here and even projects that run on bare metal and don't utilize OS services are steps forwards. Don't make this thread about personal arguments, return to the subject matter.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is the whole point of discussion here? If people really dont like this just close your eyes and open another thread.... This guy is obviously creating something which he likes to do ( duh) and likes to share, besides the fact that not a lot of people can achieve this.

And i am glad to see this, this means that a lot of homebrew is possible now ( not that i am going to use this, but it still isa nice development in the scene)

P.s. st4rk, do you think you can make an ps3 emu???

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the whole point of discussion here? If people really dont like this just close your eyes and open another thread.... This guy is obviously creating something which he likes to do ( duh) and likes to share, besides the fact that not a lot of people can achieve this.

And i am glad to see this, this means that a lot of homebrew is possible now ( not that i am going to use this, but it still isa nice development in the scene)

I'm hoping you're not serious about a ps3 emu on 3ds hardware? to say the 3ds doesn't have enough power for it is a gross understatement. For whatever it's worth, there is a ps3 emulator for windows, but it's still in the VERY early phases (they managed to get ONE commercial game up and running -- and not at full speed if i'm not mistaking)

https://github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3 emulator in question, in case anyone's curious.

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil

Playstation 3 Emulator working on PC, right ? no, it's more(much more) complex, i need understand the architecture of Playstation 3 and alot of other things to do it(to do it i need more knowledge).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Playstation 3 Emulator working on PC, right ? no, it's more(much more) complex, i need understand the architecture of Playstation 3 and alot of other things to do it(to do it i need more knowledge).
First of all, sorry for all the negative vibe in the thread, I hope you're not getting discouraged by it. Good work on the emulator, it's quite an accomplishment on bare metal, good job! I'm eager to see future updates, but this is a pretty good first attempt - thumbs up and keep up the good work! :yay:

st4rk

nah
Trophies
Website
st4rk.net
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, sorry for all the negative vibe in the thread, I hope you're not getting discouraged by it. Good work on the emulator, it's quite an accomplishment on bare metal, good job! I'm eager to see future updates, but this is a pretty good first attempt - thumbs up and keep up the good work! :yay:

Thank you Foxi4, no, i'm not discouraged haha, i get more motivated, now i will work on my 3DNES and a way to use the exploit without broken 3ds services :]

Reactions: nyder and gamefan5

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Bond697's defense though, this is they guy who has already gained control of both ARM CPUs and dumped the RAM to Pokemon and edited it. He does know what he is talking about, so something like this may not seem as exciting to him as it does to others.

Sure, he's not wrong in this case, just always an asshole that never helps.

Reactions: Saxer

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you Foxi4, no, i'm not discouraged haha, i get more motivated, now i will work on my 3DNES and a way to use the exploit without broken 3ds services :]
That's good to hear. Though it's a bit of a stretch, maybe if you got into talks with Kane, he might be a bit more lenient in helping you out with learning how to do that. To my knowledge, he has full control as well, and maybe also a, likely unstable right now but still acceptable for dev purposes, NAND redirection with services reloaded and working in his collection. If you can gain his trust and not share it while you work on it for the moment, I'm sure you could make some great progress. Though, of course, it would be at his whims on whether or not he'd share anything with you. Either way, good luck, and I fully support your work thus far!

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's good to hear. Though it's a bit of a stretch, maybe if you got into talks with Kane, he might be a bit more lenient in helping you out with learning how to do that. To my knowledge, he has full control as well, and maybe also a, likely unstable right now but still acceptable for dev purposes, NAND redirection with services reloaded and working in his collection. If you can gain his trust and not share it while you work on it for the moment, I'm sure you could make some great progress. Though, of course, it would be at his whims on whether or not he'd share anything with you. Either way, good luck, and I fully support your work thus far!

I do but only because someone sent it to me so its not mine to share :)

Reactions: st4rk

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Would be funny if Nintendo popped in and was all "hahaha your doing it wrong making exploits and shit pwahahaha you only need this key and this nice sdk that we have right here and you can run anything you like on any firmware you like..oh what that sounds great?..........tough crap pwahahaha :rofl2: "
How would that not come across as being a bit of a jerk, anyways I think the thread has been derail enough, nice work and good luck with any future work

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do but only because someone sent it to me so its not mine to share :)

Fair enough, though I thought you mentioned that you had figured it out yourself for the most part as well. Otherwise, I suspect you're on Smea's team helping with SSSpwn right now if you're trusted enough to have other devs sharing their work on that scale with you. I just hope that a 4.5 supported version will be released some day based on this 4.5 kernel exploit for those of us still running it, so we can play with better emulation and maybe toy with overclocking a bit, so stuff you can't do with just user mode. Anyway, thanks for confirming, and I hope you actually are on the Smea team, as the more devs that are a part of it, the sooner we can get our hands on it. I think the most interesting thing will be seeing what all of you go off and make after SSSpwn is done.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So it real in the end? This is really good news for us pirate and bad news for Nintendo.
btw st4rk, do you get an email from GW asking for this yet? They could be make by ninja from Nintendo :lol:

Gadorach

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it real in the end? This is really good news for us pirate and bad news for Nintendo.
btw st4rk, do you get an email from GW asking for this yet? They could be make by ninja from Nintendo :lol:

Umm... I think you're rather confused here. st4rk's work has nothing to do with Gateway, nor is it particularly impactive in the idea of piracy. This is good news for everyone who owns a 3DS. It means that emulators are finally coming, which should bring a solid scene with it.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any SNES emulator on the 3DS is going to be hampered by it's CPU and the fact that it'll likely be a port of SNES9x. I suspect the compatibility ceiling for any such emulator will end up somewhere between the DSTWO and the PSP SNES emulators. Many games have potential to run full speed, but certain games like special chip games will either be too slow or unplayable. Although, I suspect an upgrade over the flawed DS emulators would be most welcome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: