Hacking 3dslink question!(just curious)

alirezay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
93926390645778102594.jpg
just want to know what are that part in the picture for?
is 3dslink reprogrammable ?or what?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just want to know what are that part in the picture for?
is 3dslink reprogrammable ?or what?
yes and no.....it can be reprogrammed, but not by the 3ds, you would need a jtag programmer and a FPGA update, you would also need to take the card to pieces to access the jtag terminals.......basically its doubtful it will ever happen....if anything they would just release a V2 that comes pre-programmed with a new FPGA update, but at this point gateway can make a new FPGA update every update, leaving clone users to keep buying replacement cards, unless they come out with a whole new revision....something like MT.....:ph34r:

Reactions: alirezay

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
yes and no.....it can be reprogrammed, but not by the 3ds, you would need a jtag programmer and a FPGA update, you would also need to take the card to pieces to access the jtag terminals.......basically its doubtful it will ever happen....if anything they would just release a V2 that comes pre-programmed with a new FPGA update, but at this point gateway can make a new FPGA update every update, leaving clone users to keep buying replacement cards, unless they come out with a whole new revision....something like MT.....:ph34r:

Yeah because being able to play 3-4 more games and having multirom is enough for buying a whole new card ( Not)

I don't get why people need so "desperately" to get their hands on 2.0 having a clone. Have they beaten already all the other games out there? I seriously doubt it because now with the gateway dumper even more games are getting out. Not to say that pokemon and AC without online are... loler

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not afaik, was just responding briefly to the post above mine. Was going to say that not having multi rom was enough to put me off getting a flash cart, because I don't want to deal with multiple sd cards, and I got a lucky coincidence of timing, in that my latest strong interest in getting a 3DS and researching the flash cart options began just a few days before omega appeared, but I decided to be less long winded. Also I don't like pokeymans.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.