Hardware 3DS2 Ideas

Keva

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that the 3DS is out (for most of us). How do you think Nintendo could improve it for the next generation of hardware?

The main things I can think of are;

- Move the stylus back - I hate having to almost close the 3DS to get the stylus of the back. Put it back where it was
glare.gif

- Increase the 'sweet spot' - I don't know how easy this is but I guess it's possible.

Edit: Oh and have most of the advertised features on the machine when you buy it instead of waiting for firmware updates... this is just me moaning though
tongue.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Keva said:
- Increase the 'sweet spot' - I don't know how easy this is but I guess it's possible.
It's possible, if you use an active parallax barrier and headtracking, but that would cut the battery life down to half an hour
nyanya.gif

And yes, it should have a better battery.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3DS2? or the "better" version of 3DS?
I am sure nintendo will improve the battery and release a different version of the 3DS.

Hell I LOVE the DSiXL battery life compared to the orignal DS PHAT
tongue.gif

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I actually think they should have used the DSi XL form factor for the 3DS. More room for better placement of the stylus and the slide pad/d-pad and most importantly more room for a bigger battery.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
aminemaster said:
it could have 3g
Wouldn't that mean you need a sim card in your ds? and that would lead to a 3ds phone liky thingy.

maybe a atomic fusion battery to improve the battery life?
smile.gif

higher resolution on both screens and also 3d on the lower screen.
You no longer need to touch the touch screen with a pen, instead it use eye tracking. (this technology is not that far away )

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
12 hour battery life on full brightness, 3D and wifi.
1080p resolution for all the cameras.
HDMI output to display in 1080p on HDTVs and 3D HDTVs.
Dual Analog sticks.
USB access to SD card like the PSP has for its memory stick.
Slide out QWERTY keyboard.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Seeing as Japan said that in their bid for the 2022 World Cup they would have holographic technology available, I would expect Nintendo to have this ready on a smaller scale in a future iteration of the DS. Possibly the Nintendo Holo-3DS combo, where the bottom screen would be holographic, and the top screen would be 3D.

darkranboria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leaked features of the 3DS2:

Have a 52 inch widescreen on the top with a great resolution.
Of course, there will be no need for a bottom screen since it will now be using mind-control.
And you might think "Hey, that's not portable!" which is why it comes with a robo-suit for you to wear while you play.

Specifications of the robo-suit coming soon.

ipumuk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The 3D-Slider and the buttons below the touch screen (Start, Home, Select) are really low quality.

Especially the 3D-Slider feels extremely cheap.

The whole device just does not look streamlined.

Looking forward to the 3DS Lite ;D

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
i don't really understand: some of the issues that people have (like the stylus being in a silly place) should surely have been noticed during preliminary testing?

Oh, and I think it's a bit of a shame they didn't make both screens the same size: that allows for some creative control schemes (think ninja gaiden).

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
In addition to making the front-facing camera 3D too, they should add a Kinect-type thing above the top screen. 3D scanning, yo!

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Spongeroberto said:
i don't really understand: some of the issues that people have (like the stylus being in a silly place) should surely have been noticed during preliminary testing?
Well the whole 3DS looks like a beta product to me that has been thrown on the market just to get some money in to help financing the real thing. I mean the system doesn't have it's full functionality, lacking the online stores and even the browser, games that were meant to be launch titles didn't make it (DOA), low battery life, etc. Heck, there even seem to be things in the menu saying "not available yet, wait for an update". If that doesn't scream unfinished then I don't know what does
tongue.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
hmm. i haven't see the 3DS yet so i can't judge that much, but i want for the 3DS to have:
bigger screens
at least 10+ hours battery life
bluetooth, for bluetooth headsets.

uhhm, i can't think of anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection