3DS XL Trade Price is Just £146

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
With this trade-in you are most likely gonna be spending more in the long run. Seeing as you would have had to buy the 3DS beforehand - which is about £120, now I think. Then after trading it in, you spend an extra £150 on the XL, pushing the amount of money spent around £270. And it goes even higher if you got the 3DS for the ridiculous launch price.

atm cex give you £69 cash for a nintendo 3ds boxed which is nothing, i paid £200 for it when it first launched so i feel quite sick if i have to sell the thing for the 3ds xl but that's life you get fudged over all the time, especially from game who offer you 10% cash for your goods and then sell it at 90% higher at a profit second hand, like you said it all adds up.

i think by the time i sell this 3ds to get the xl it will be worthless unless i sell it to friends or family.

I know where you're coming from with this, i got my fingers burnt too with purchasing the 3DS at launch.

It's taught me a lesson at buying a console at launch, i know Amazon has the 3DS XL at 179.99, but whether it will remain at that price only time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, there's been an update to the original article.

UPDATE: A second retail source has contacted MCV to point out that a trade price of £146 would incur an additional VAT bill of around £21.50 per unit, meaning the actual trade price would be around £167.50.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well Game usually sells used games for about 5€ less than retail price. Not worth it.

Worst thing is French retailer Micromania who sells used games for the same price than a new game from Game, and charge 5-10€ more for their games and accessories.

Now if you don't want to get raped best bet is to buy from a supermarket or Amazon.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
The Hut has just reduced it's prices for the 3DS XL to £167.95
http://www.thehut.com/3ds-hardware/nintendo-3ds-xl-console-blue-and-black/10621369.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=gp&utm_campaign=gp_consoles&affil=thggps

Propel Gamer has the 3DS XL in all colours with free delivery for just £164.99
http://www.propelgamer.co.uk/product-detail.aspx?ID=1371

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool