Hardware 3DS XL dpad cracked in half

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joe88
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 6,708
  • Replies Replies 14

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
12,901
Solutions
9
Reaction score
5,456
Trophies
3
Age
38
XP
8,971
Country
United States
So I bought a used 3ds xl and when I pressed down on the dpad it cracked in half
not only that but the rubber under neath the dpad is also cracked all the way through in the same spot
there is another hair line crack on the right
it was really cold (about -8F) when I got it, I think that had something to do with it
anybody know where I can get a replacement?
the dpad works fine and everything though

jagv.jpg
 
No idea how you'd get that fixed except sending it to Nintendo and paying their repair fee. But wow, that's pretty incredible. Like you dipped it in liquid nitrogen or something.
 
I can fix it my self, only problem is that there are no replacement parts except for the rubber piece
its a 4.5 xl so defiantly not paying nintendo $100 to replace a small plastic piece and upgrade it to the latest firmware

it stays together fine and only separates when you press up and down at the same time
its just a little annoying that I know its broken :closedeyes:
 
maybe some crazy glue

or maybe use the dpad from a broken DSL or dsi!
edit: or Wii remote!
 
I will tell you a little trick I do myself in this kind of situation. I did that for my 3DS L-button that was broken in half like your D-pad. Try to find your local/nearest Nintendo repair center. You know, Nintendo doesn't really repair it in it's manufacture, but hires small repair center from from big cities. Myself in Montreal I can go there directly, show them the prob and fix it for way more cheaper.

How to find the place ?? Call Nintendo, ask for a repair order and use the address that they will ask you to ship it to !! :)

Pip'
 
-8F? That shouldn't even be close to affecting the stability of the plastic. Your used game dealer just screwed you.

Anyway, I would personally leave it like that. If the 3DS Dpad is anything like the DSi Dpad, it'll squeak like no tomorrow once it's been used a lot. You've just found a way around that.
 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Of...g_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item4615d3ba5a

I haven't been able to find a chinese site like DX that has it in stock (previously your best bet), so that's now your best bet
bought that and got it today (actually got way more then pictured, start select and home buttons along with the rubber, 2 lanyard pieces and the analog stick)
replaced the broken dpad and its works fine, was a bit of a pain since you need to remove the mobo along with the 10 tiny ribbon connectors
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted