Misc 3DS WPA connection in DS app/game?

Martinity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
So I'm trying to test out a application that's made in DS, but I'm using a 3DS to use it and I'm forced to use a WEP network somehow.

There's no way for me to use 3DS' WPA connection? Or it needs to be ported to the 3DS?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I'm trying to test out a application that's made in DS, but I'm using a 3DS to use it and I'm forced to use a WEP network somehow.

There's no way for me to use 3DS' WPA connection? Or it needs to be ported to the 3DS?
Nope, the DS games were made for WEP except for some very few late games like Pokemon Black and White because these were DSi enhanced. I can't remember if you get these enhancements if you put those cartridges in you 3DS though.

As for homebrew they would have to get WPA support code added to them, but this has not really been done before. Also if the dev of the homebrew isn't in the scene anymore and the source code isn't readily available then it will probably never happen. I guess when that becomes possible, someone could potentially hack a single game to try to add WPA support, but I have no idea if that would even be possible tbh. It would probably take a lot of work so unless you're willing to do it yourself I wouldn't expect anyone else to do it.

Last edited by Zense,
D

Deleted User

To do this, you would have to get the game's source code, have some serious programming skill, and be willing to waste a few days trying to do this when you could just use a WEP connection or an open connection.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: fmkid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it