3DS won't stay connected to wifi, can't update

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is getting annoying. My 3DS connects to the Wifi in settings, says everything works, then later on home menu says it's not connected. It also won't connect for me to do a system update. This may be a problem with my wifi, but what do I do here? I went searching online and nothing helps at all. I already restarted my router and that didn't work either.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is getting annoying. My 3DS connects to the Wifi in settings, says everything works, then later on home menu says it's not connected. It also won't connect for me to do a system update. This may be a problem with my wifi, but what do I do here? I went searching online and nothing helps at all. I already restarted my router and that didn't work either.
Try hard reseting your router look for a red button on the back it's either a little hole with reset label use a pin like a sim card ejection tool or a button that u can press with your finger hold it for 5 mins

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

nemaria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some things to try if hard resetting the router doesn't work:
- Restart 3DS if you haven't already
- "Forget" the network on the 3DS and then re-enter the credentials
- Check your network settings & enable DHCP if it's off
- Try a different SD card (on some other threads a bad SD card was causing the issue)
- Try with a different wi-fi network to narrow down whether the issue is with the 3DS or with the network

Shadouurufu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this problem and had to reset my device. It was annoying as I had to remod it as the number changed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.