Hardware 3DS Won't Power On After 3DSGuides Homebrew Install (Blue Light Fades In Then Out)

bigmagoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to follow the guide on 3ds.hacks.guide to install homebrew onto my New 3DS XL, and everything worked out fine until I got into the Finalizing Setup portion. Luma was installed just fine, no issues on the restart. But after I started to put in the files the guide linked and then tried to power up the system, the blue light would just fade on then off, and wouldn't power up. I've read that this is an issue with the boot files from the luma zip, but even after removing the SD card, the issue persists. Now I'm not too worried as this is the first time I've picked up my 3DS in a long while and can live without it, but if there is a fix I'm missing that could solve the issue, help would be much appreciated.

bigmagoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you on a9lh or b9s? if you're on the later, you don't have the boot.firm on the 3ds sd card root or the ctrnand.
You mean from the Luma zip file? I've tried replacing those files (on the root of course), but it still gives me the same issue.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't already done so, do the following:
  1. Try booting the system with a different SD card. Make sure the Luma3DS boot.firm is on the root of the new SD card.
  2. Backup the contents of your old SD card, reformat it as FAT32, redownload the latest Luma3DS, and put the boot.firm onto your SD card. Don't use the old boot.firm from your backup.
One or both of these options are likely to fix your problem.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

bigmagoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't already done so, do the following:
  1. Try booting the system with a different SD card. Make sure the Luma3DS boot.firm is on the root of the new SD card.
  2. Backup the contents of your old SD card, reformat it as FAT32, redownload the latest Luma3DS, and put the boot.firm onto your SD card. Don't use the old boot.firm from your backup.
One or both of these options are likely to fix your problem.
New SD card option worked for me immediately. Cheers.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New SD card option worked for me immediately. Cheers.
With the new SD card, follow the finalizing setup guide. This will install the Luma3DS boot.firm to your CTRNAND, so even if you don't have a working SD card, your 3DS will boot properly.

I also recommend reformatting the old SD card. If the card otherwise works, not counting the issue you just had, it was probably corrupted in some way.

bigmagoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after going through the guide again, I've found that the step causing the issue was due to the GodMode9 files the guide was having me put onto the sd card. What is this file used for exactly, and is it necessary?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after going through the guide again, I've found that the step causing the issue was due to the GodMode9 files the guide was having me put onto the sd card. What is this file used for exactly, and is it necessary?

godmode can save from a brick. it also has a script for putting boot.firm on the ctrnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.