kakawak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

i was a forum member on the supercard website until it got shutdown however, its good to see that these forums continue in another form and with no doubt more knowledgable and helpful members :)

the issue i have, is im on firmware 6.something but im having issues installing games onto my ds two+ card as it seems to hang on the start screen (blank with nintendo sign on bottom screen) when i use the GW internet. do i need to have a specific upgrade in firmware to play games like super smash bros, minecraft and other games?

my version is 6.1.0-12e can i update to 9.2 without any problems using the dstwo plus card?

any help is appreciated.

thanks

Last edited by kakawak,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, you can keep using your Gateway clone on 9.2 (which is outdated anyway) - however it's not recommended to use Gateway clones in general (and for that matter, even the original Gateway is deprecated) and people would direct you toward a free and still updated CFW (http://3ds.hacks.guide/)

(The DS mode of the dstwo is fine)

kakawak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi ryccardo, how do i update from 6.1 to 9.2? i have downloaded the 9.2.0-20E zip file that has the update folder. what do i do next because when i looked at this thread i cant seem to get rxtools on the web to work.

gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-update-a-3ds-from-4-0e-to-9-0e.420114/

is the custom FW an easier and safer option than using the flashcard?

this might sound daft but is my 3ds hacked when i used the flashcart method?

cheers

Last edited by kakawak,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi ryccardo, how do i update from 6.1 to 9.2? i have downloaded the 9.2.0-20E zip file that has the update folder.
You can install update packs with a title manager (cia installer), preferably SysUpdater.cia

is the custom FW an easier and safer option than using the flashcard?
Frankly, yes: Gateway is limited running the 11.2 operating system (on the latest version of Gateway's CFW), and your DSTwo('s 3DS mode) is a pirate version of the Gateway, so the latest version of Gateway's CFW will brick your console if used with the DSTwo, while the last compatible version will be limited to an even earlier version

The recommendation for any Gateway and clone user, is to create decrypted save backups of any 3DS game they play on their flashcard (on 6.x your only option will probably be an old version of SaveDataFiler - not sure if you can use more convenient tools such as JKSV; sorry I'm not familiar with this process), then to install CFW as if the console was unmodded (http://3ds.hacks.guide), then optionally installing games and saves (to the console's SD card) and forgetting about the flashcard's 3DS mode (it's still a fine DS-mode card)

Oh, and you won't need an emunand anymore, with all the consequent advantages!

this might sound daft but is my 3ds hacked when i used the flashcart method?
Technically yes (3DS-mode flashcards, except the Sky series, all use Gateway's CFW or an outdated hack thereof), however (especially if you have to go to settings > DS profile, or visit a website to activate the flashcard) they are generally temporary and/or outdated hacks

Last edited by Ryccardo,

kakawak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

ive managed to follow the steps up until section 3 homebrew launcher however, on my main screen with all the other programs i have 3 black blank boxes and when i click on one its asking for me to connect to the internet. what are the black blank boxes?

also just before section 3 it says...

Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update

do i turn on my wifi and let it connect to the internet and click ok? will this update my console from 6.x to the latest version or am i doing something wrong?

cheers

Last edited by kakawak,

kakawak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi i managed to get everything installed up to section 8 in the hack guide but im at a loss what to do next.

what do i press to install a game or access it? everything boots back to the main 3ds menu. i can access the rosalina menu and god9menu but im not sure what to do next. i cant seem to get back to the homebrew menu was this because of the option to delete all files from sd card when deleting all cias on section 4 of hack menu? do i need to reinstall everything again?

cheers

kakawak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi managed to get it up and running but im at a loss with the saved games. i have a bunch of saves on my micro sd card that was used in gateway but i dont know how to transfer them over?

is there an easy way to do this without screwing it up :)

cheers

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi managed to get it up and running but im at a loss with the saved games. i have a bunch of saves on my micro sd card that was used in gateway but i dont know how to transfer them over?

is there an easy way to do this without screwing it up :)

cheers
Have you checked this out yet? https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/

Edit: Actually I think people may have started using CheckPoint instead, sorry--> https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases

Last edited by DayVeeBoi,

kakawak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i have checkpoint installed but how do i transfer the data from the old sd card to the new micro sd card that was used in the dstwo plus for gateway?

i have the nintendo 3ds folder from the old sd card which im sure has all the old saved games etc... do i copy and paste the nintendo 3ds folder to new micro sd card (using sd adapter)? or is there another method?

cheers

kakawak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i tried the copy and paste and it hasnt worked. im was using a dstwo plus card using the gateway internet method. i havent reformatted my sd card or the micro sd card that was in the dstwo plus so im not sure why my saved games are not showing up!

is there another method to try?

cheers

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi,

i tried the copy and paste and it hasnt worked. im was using a dstwo plus card using the gateway internet method. i havent reformatted my sd card or the micro sd card that was in the dstwo plus so im not sure why my saved games are not showing up!

is there another method to try?

cheers
Do you have an emuNAND? You will need to extract it from the old card and inject it into the new card. If you don't want to upgrade to B9S and Luma, look up a tool called emuNANDtool that will run on your computer to extract and inject the emuNAND. If you are happy to upgrade, follow https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(browser) and follow the optional move emuNAND section, then you'll be able to copy and paste the contents of the card.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

kakawak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i downloaded 1.1 emunand tool and extracted the emunand.bin file from (4gb sd card) to desktop where do i inject this file to because if i put in my new sd card (64gb) it says it cant find it. do i transfer the emunand.bin to the new sd card? im currently reformatting new 64gb card and transferring all data from the temporary 16gb card i was using but i did have the old sd card (4gb) which was used with the gateway files. have i made a mess of this :/

should i transfer all the files from the 4gb card to the 64gb one?

cheers

Last edited by kakawak,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hi,

i downloaded 1.1 emunand tool and extracted the emunand.bin file from (4gb sd card) to desktop where do i inject this file to because if i put in my new sd card (64gb) it says it cant find it. do i transfer the emunand.bin to the new sd card? im currently reformatting new 64gb card and transferring all data from the temporary 16gb card i was using but i did have the old sd card (4gb) which was used with the gateway files. have i made a mess of this :/

should i transfer all the files from the 4gb card to the 64gb one?

cheers
You use emuNANDtool to inject it to your new card. Also don't forget to use GuiFormat to format your 64GB card to FAT32 first.

kakawak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im still having no luck with getting my saved games transferred to new sd card. this is how im doing it.

1. put main sd card 4gb (gateway, dstwo+ and other files) into pc
2. click on emunandtool within the 4gb sd card

put in new 64gb sd card and formatted fat32 32k etc... i then transferred all of my games, files etc and made sure everything was as normal like original sd card with games working etc...

whats next... im sure i tried to inject file but im not getting saved games. when i check other saved games under FBI i can see my street fighter, yoshi game, super mario etc... which shows as green are these the files that i need to access? whenever i try to use checkpoint i cannot see any saved games even if i press the x option to access any backups :/

can i put in my old 16gb sd card into the dstwo+ and see if the saved games will show up on gateway via the website loader? or will i brick my 3ds since its on firmware 11.8?

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it