Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen-shot-2010-06-22-at-10.26.05-AM.png

I got this off of nintendo3dsblog.com

If these are confirmed then it's awesome! PSP has 3 million more triangles per second...
But 3DS still has them beat by a longshot on everything else.

ehayes427

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
somerandomguyO_O said:
johncenafan427 said:
for some reason, i just think the 3DS is too hyped.

But when it's released, I don't think it'll be as good as it's said to be.
I personally will not be buying one. I'll buy a PS3 or XBOX over this any day

off topic: IT PRINTS 3D MONEY!

i'll get one if it's compatible
with flash carts.

if not, stickin with dsi.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I always thought iPhone games looked shit, I mean some of them I thought looked pretty good judging my the screens and when you play them you believe you got fooled. Or some appear to look good cause of the shading but really aren't. I believed I've played DS games that look better.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
why is iphone up there? its just a phone, in that case you should put motorola razr, up there & side kick
nyanya.gif

really tho iphone shouldn't be up there, not a gaming console.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That 3DS stuff isn't confirmed, buying the crap fanboy bloggers spew is the first mistake people make unless the dude cites reputable sources. He's using the lowest tier of those chips for the 3DS that's 4 years old, there has been revisions and it's just as likely the next, not the newest is being used considering the output we've seen on the E3 demos. People on the dev side who know better I've been told (brother is one, producer) that it's more Wii like polygon wise, but visual tricks in the hardware and APIs are things Wii doesn't do and PS3/360 will pull off.

I think it's not that the 3DS is being over hyped right now, as it clearly wasn't, it's just the huge fallout from the blowout at E3 and little being said at all about the hardware other than the redacted to hell stat sheet Nintendo put out.

Outrager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's totally a fair comparison. They could've at least used the iPhone 4. And for people who say the iPhone is "just a phone" that's a pretty ignorant comment. I'm not saying it's the greatest gaming device but it has some fun games.

yuyuyup said:
yeah but are they 30.6 mil triangles in 3d, does that mean 61.2 million on potential non 3d titles ?
Why would you use triangles in 2D games? You would be using sprites at that point.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Outrager said:
That's totally a fair comparison. They could've at least used the iPhone 4. And for people who say the iPhone is "just a phone" that's a pretty ignorant comment. I'm not saying it's the greatest gaming device but it has some fun games.

yuyuyup said:
yeah but are they 30.6 mil triangles in 3d, does that mean 61.2 million on potential non 3d titles ?
Why would you use triangles in 2D games? You would be using sprites at that point.

Not sure how you could logically think that way when anyone who knows about the 3DS knows that it can do the '3D effect', which usually means it has to render the scene twice from 2 different coordinates.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Outrager said:

yuyuyup said:

My Sony Ericson Equinox has some pretty good games too, but i'm not going to call it a gaming console.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
[sarcasm]
blank.gif
My PC has some pretty good games too, but I'm not going to call it a gaming platform.
blank.gif
[/sarcasm]

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
pachura said:
Yeah... noone confirmed that PICA200 will run at 400 MHz... they might as well use PICA200 LITE @ 100 MHz.
But why would they do that?

PICA200 LITE vs. PICA200: cheaper.
100/200 MHz vs. 400: less power consumption, less heat produced.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
Mana94 said:
Screen-shot-2010-06-22-at-10.26.05-AM.png

I got this off of nintendo3dsblog.com

If these are confirmed then it's awesome! PSP has 3 million more triangles per second...
But 3DS still has them beat by a longshot on everything else.

its easy to look at this information and think that the psp and iphone are closely matched, but anyone who has actually played a game on either will know the psp graphics quality is way ahead of the iphone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: