Hacking 3DS v4.5 + R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe v4.0b2 + Pokemon X/Y rom (+ CFW/emuNAND)= Play Pokemon X/Y with SAVE?

alibasbas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I currently have the following:
  • Nintendo 3DS with v4.5 system version
  • R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe 3DS mode flashcart with version 4.0b2
  • Pokemon X/Y backup 3DS rom file

Given what I have, is it now possible to play Pokemon X/Y from a backup ROM together with SAVE functionality? Perhaps the Palatine CFW together with an updated emuNAND will help in what I want to achieve?

alibasbas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Unfortuneatly no. You need a 3ds card that plays 3ds roms
Isn't that what's the R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe 3DS mode flashcart with version 4.0b2 is for (a 3ds card that plays 3ds roms)? I'm currently not sure on how the newly released CFW for 3DS with updated v9.x emuNAND helps in my requirement.

vhero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just get a genuine flashcart not a ripoff like the r4i gold 3ds which is a clone of gateway but a clone of it several releases ago. It's now stuck and thats the gamble you take with clones at least this early in flashcart generations. Later on in the 3ds life clones will no doubt be better than the real thing like r4 was back in the DS days once it supported wood etc.. However right now clones haved limited and short support and there only out for a quick buck to make another clone with a new name to keep themselves going.

alibasbas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Just get a genuine flashcart not a ripoff like the r4i gold 3ds which is a clone of gateway but a clone of it several releases ago. It's now stuck and thats the gamble you take with clones at least this early in flashcart generations. Later on in the 3ds life clones will no doubt be better than the real thing like r4 was back in the DS days once it supported wood etc.. However right now clones haved limited and short support and there only out for a quick buck to make another clone with a new name to keep themselves going.
Yup. That was a little bit of short-sighted of me when I bought my R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe (but to be honest, the geniune Gateway 3DS cart was out of stock when I bought mine). I also thought that the 3DS flashcarts together with their respective clones were the same (similar with what was on the old DS flashcarts).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gHl4P7AXt0