Hacking 3DS Updates and Flashcarts - A FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxCGSxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have a Golden card with the name R4i with a small V1.4 star and the website R4IGold.cn below written on it. My 3ds haves the latest update, which update should I download for my card?

gui3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the CycloDS iEvolution

It's still working with the latest firmware, but some games (Spirit Tracks, for example) cause the touch screen to become unresponsive.

SwordSkill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello I currently have Ver. 1.1.0-0E. Should I upgrade to v1.1.0-1 and then use the
"Working on 3DS v1.1.0-1 (*BEFORE JUNE 6TH UPDATE*)" flashcards?

I want to make it dead sure cause I'm a total noob and don't want to end up doing something stupid and brick my 3DS.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't choose your update. Either he newest firmware or nothing, And you cannot brick your 3DS flashcarts don't touch the 3DS software at all.

EDIT: And your flashcart will work perfectly.

apoor

Trophies
XP
Country
CrispyYoshi said:
v2.1.0-4 Update
The DSTWO does, in fact, work.

DSTWOMENU 1.11
3DS 'Fireware' version 1.09
Latest Firmware Patch applied: Link

this really work?
this working on my 3ds firmware 2.10-4J ?
I use dstwo...
thank u

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I was hoping someone could answer a question I have. My 3DS was automatically updated before I was able to disable it, and now the only way I have to prevent updates is by disabling the auto install so it asks me to install it everytime I exit something or turn on the system.

Is there any way to tell what FW the system is trying to have me update to? Or, is any FW right now safe to update to pretty much if I want to use a flashcart? I'm on 2.1.0-3 and wanted to be able to access the shop but it keeps telling me to update.

Quivex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I hope that this hasn't been asked before and if it then sorry that I haven't seen it.

2 Questions:
Q1) - The last update changes say '' automatically update when wifi is available''
Is this true?? Will my N3DS system update automatically to a newer version if my Wifi is activated?

Q2) - I got a R4 3DS flashcard. Lets say that Q1 is FALSE, can I update my R4 card to the latest version without being afraid to lose my R4 card?

My N3DS has still ONLY the update of June 7th lol.

I didn't update since then.

Thanks,

Quivex
wink.gif

Geirskogul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
molh394 said:
Claims to be working on 3DS v2 Update (can someone confirm that these are working please)
- R4i Neo (R4i Neo 3ds v2.0 and nds V1.4.2 firmware upgrade)
- R4i 3D (Fwupdate_for_3DSV2_R4i3D upgrade package)

Just wanted to say, I bought an R4i3D (Revolution) and used the linked firmware updater, and the cart works perfectly on my updated 3DS that I bought the day Walmart did the early price drop.

After using the linked firmware updater (v2) I went to r4i3d.com and downloaded the latest updater, v3. That update went flawlessly as well.

Both updates were performed using a 1.4U DSiXL

bobbaluba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the r4ids.cn r4i 3ds gold.
will the latest kernel work with the latest firmware version? Is it safe to upgrade?
The list is labeled v2.00-2/v2.10-3/v2.10-4
But the list entry for r4ids.cn says only v2.00-2.
Is v2.10-4 the latest version?
I really, really want to access the shop. But I also want to be sure not to mess things up.
Is it safe for me to upgrade to the latest firmware?

Narblet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, do any of these Flashcarts work without needing an update?
Brother accidentally upgraded my 3DS before I picked a new flashcart to get
tongue.gif
..So yeah need to know.
Thanks~

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you go buy one from a store, you could ask them and see if they'll update it for you... but chances are, any you do pick up will need to be updated somehow. Not many that I know of can be updated without being first inserted into a compatible (3)/DS/(i)/XL, however.

KT_Cobra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been reading this great topic because it pertains to my situation EXACTLY, but I have to ask being that a lot of the posts are pretty old. Since the 2.1.0-4 firmware for the 3DS is not NEW anymore, which flash cart is the best to go with? I'm am someone who's in the situation of not knowing anyone who has another device, so changing its format will be an issue. Also, where would one buy it from?

Thanks

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
KT_Cobra said:
So I've been reading this great topic because it pertains to my situation EXACTLY, but I have to ask being that a lot of the posts are pretty old. Since the 2.1.0-4 firmware for the 3DS is not NEW anymore, which flash cart is the best to go with? I'm am someone who's in the situation of not knowing anyone who has another device, so changing its format will be an issue. Also, where would one buy it from?

Thanks
Supercard DStwo is best for 3DS because it is the most sophisticated card--its the least likely card to be blocked for a long time after a Nintendo update.

buy --> http://realhotstuff.com/supercard-dstwo-fr...ping-p-502.html

Here's a list of many stores: http://shoptemp.net/products/Supercard-DSTWO-wheretobuy.html

But I'd recommend RHS because they ship in the states.
(this is especially important around holiday time when the Chinese shops get really backed up)

KT_Cobra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this info. I will take your advice, for it is MUCH appreciated!

P.S. - This IS the card that works for 3DS v2.1.0-4, isn't it? On the page it says 3DS v2.0.

Thanks again.

Geirskogul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KT_Cobra said:
Thank you so much for this info. I will take your advice, for it is MUCH appreciated!

P.S. - This IS the card that works for 3DS v2.1.0-4, isn't it? On the page it says 3DS v2.0.

Thanks again.
It will work - just keep in mind that it kills your battery life in standby mode.

KT_Cobra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. One more question before my purchase from RHS.com. Will the card come shipped to me where I won't have to use another DS to change its format?
-Basically, would I be able to just install the DStwo update and use it as is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: No. but I hear they might get a Lego set :rofl2::tpi: