Hacking 3DS Updates and Flashcarts - A FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there's no flashcart capable to run 3DS roms nowadays but... Could DSTwo do it in a future with a software update? Or it's likely to appear DSThree for example?
I would imagine the flash cart manufactures would like to get paid on the research and development of a 3D ROM flash cart. Don't you think so?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Pretty sure I am getting a 3DS for Christmas. The flashcard I have used consistently up until now (on the 2 DSLs in the house), is the Acekard 2i.

r4i-gold.co.uk are selling Genuine Acekard 2i 3DS Card - 3DS 3.0.0 - 5E & DSi XL 1.4.3E Compatible for £15ish. I am assuming that this will just work with the 3DS ? Does it need Akaio installed on it like my current Acekards ?

I also keep hearing people say the 3DS is not very good at playing DS games - is that really true ? Surely, with the 3D turned off, it's the same as playing on DSL ?
You still will need AKAIO. As for your other question, the games look fine. There is just some nit picky people out there, who make too much noise.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick question, but, what would be the best flashcart for the 3DS right now? I was thinking of DSTWO, but I'm not sure...
It really depends on your needs. If you are just going to play games then I would tell you to go with R4i Gold 3DS from the r4ids.cn team. If you want a flash card with emulators made specifically for it and some plugins that utilize increased RAM then DSTwo would be the one to buy. All in all, if you buy a DSTwo you won't have to worry about not having features. Few flash carts have more options than a DSTwo. The cyclo ievolution is not a great choice in my opinion. So check out the reviews here at the temp and see what you think.

Wormow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any flash cartridges that can play 3DS roms? I bought a R4 SDHC RTS LITE thinking it would play 3DS roms , lol.

saintvikki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Evening all. I got a 3DS today and was wondering if I could use mt R4 with it? I have a DS that I used the R4 with and I have games on it that I want to play. Or if there is a tutorial that I can use to get the card working with the 3DS that would be great? Thanks.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Evening all. I got a 3DS today and was wondering if I could use mt R4 with it? I have a DS that I used the R4 with and I have games on it that I want to play. Or if there is a tutorial that I can use to get the card working with the 3DS that would be great? Thanks.
lolno, sorry.

You'll need a card like Acekard 2i, DStwo, or r4iGold.cn.

saintvikki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lolno, sorry.

You'll need a card like Acekard 2i, DStwo, or r4iGold.cn.

Thank you for the reply and the help. What one would you recomend I get?

3DZ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Under Construction
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, specificly for r4i 3DS. Since the new flashcarts are compatible with the 3DS home menu, does that mean when 3DS mode is enabled, will you have to buy a whole new flashcart, or could they allow it through a flashcart update.

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the Acekard 2i the best cheap card around? I need it to be as cheap as humanly possible, but also not a steaming pile of shit. $20 is about as high as I can go.

I found one for $13.99+$6.00 shipping. Is the cheapest I'll be able to find the Acekard?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is the Acekard 2i the best cheap card around? I need it to be as cheap as humanly possible, but also not a steaming pile of shit. $20 is about as high as I can go.

I found one for $13.99+$6.00 shipping. Is the cheapest I'll be able to find the Acekard?
Go here and you'll only pay $12.50 shipped, but you can only order one card. :D

saintvikki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Go here and you'll only pay $12.50 shipped, but you can only order one card. :D

molotof1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
hey guys check this out.
i found a site that sells crown3ds.
is it real?
http://r4town.com/products/Crown-3DS-card-for-3DS-game-play.html?setCurrencyId=2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.