Hacking 3DS updated today, and now Supercard does not work.

ssmatt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my 3DS updated today, and upon trying to load my dstwo I get this message:

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off. Please refer to the operations manual for details". I've put the latest EOS and firmware update on the card, but I still get the problem.

I would assume this is probably just a brand new update that there isn't a patch for yet that blocks the card. Has anyone else got this?

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The firmware .nds file actually has to be executed upon booting the cart, which you can no longer do, so unless you find a low firmware 3ds/dsi or a ds lite or a ds phat, you are screwed, no what ifs, no "maybe this would work", completely screwed.... actually there should be a way of updating it while its on the error screen, but i dont know as ive never had to do it.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He probably accidentally updated, nintendo hasn't instituted auto updates, he most likely entered the shop channel and it prompted him to update or something.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The firmware .nds file actually has to be executed upon booting the cart, which you can no longer do, so unless you find a low firmware 3ds/dsi or a ds lite or a ds phat, you are screwed, no what ifs, no "maybe this would work", completely screwed.... actually there should be a way of updating it while its on the error screen, but i dont know as ive never had to do it.
You're wrong with most of this sentence, but right with the last part.

What you want to do is extract the dstwoupdate.dat file to the root of your micro SD card, then rename it to dstwoupdateb.dat. Turn on your 3DS and open the DSTwo, then wait 3 minutes and TOUCH. NOTHING. After the 3 minutes, take the Micro SD card out of your DSTwo and delete the dstwoupdateb.dat file. Then put it back in (the sd card) and you should be all ready to go.

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tumblr_m501t2fdt51r9wpm5o2_1280.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill