Hacking 3DS update version 9.6.0-24 out now

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was about to install emunand 9.5 on my N3DS yesterday/this morning. Regret not doing it, now i'm stuck on 9.0. Now I don't know what console to stick with.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I wish my old one had as nice a build quality as my new one. Would really have to suck having to go back to the OG.
there is nothing out yet that would require you to update (except eshop access), but it will probably be a good while off before games come out that are not playable on a n3DS on 9.5 or lower

aCot+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bhutan
there is nothing out yet that would require you to update (except eshop access), but it will probably be a good while off before games come out that are not playable on a n3DS on 9.5 or lower
Isn't there a way to bypass those required updated anyway? Is that not what people did before emunand was a thing?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Isn't there a way to bypass those required updated anyway? Is that not what people did before emunand was a thing?
yeah it will only really be n3DS exclusive titles that are blocked.....until the SDK versions get beyond 9.5, but even then its not a definitive nail in the coffin, until we cant get updates via cia's and games start to be unplayable, i think everyone should just calm down :P

Reactions: aCot+

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have an idea as to how one would go about getting 9.5 EmuNAND again?

Restore the backup you made before updating with emunand tool.

Didn't make one? You can update emunand from a rom, e.g. SSB, Cooking Mama, etc... to get 9.x.

You can also update manually via .cia, but doing so requires an extra step at the end that there isn't a public app for doing yet.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restore the backup you made before updating with emunand tool.

Didn't make one? You can update emunand from a rom, e.g. SSB, Cooking Mama, etc... to get 9.x.

You can also update manually via .cia, but doing so requires an extra step at the end that there isn't a public app for doing yet.

What about RX-E?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone attempted to install the latest update for a game, let's say Smash Bros, via cia on their 9.5 emunand and got it to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...