3DS update and the ARDSi help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by grizz96, Dec 12, 2012.

Dec 12, 2012
  1. grizz96
    OP

Newcomer grizz96 Member

United States
    Does anyone know if the newest 3DS update blocks the 3DS compatible ARDSi. I don't want to update until they have a fix if it does block it again.

2. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    The sticky in the games and content section says that it isn't blocked

3. grizz96
    OP

Newcomer grizz96 Member

United States
    Thanks! I didn't notice that thread.

4. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    does anyone know if the AR DSi (3ds compatable) will boot flashcards like the AK2i for example. i have not tried since I do not have a AR DSi but I wondered if that works since you could theoretically hotswap a game cart on the AR DSi itself without the 3ds noticing since the the Action Replay is still plugged in and was not removed once you bootup the Action Replay. I was wondering as I would love to use my AK2i on my 3ds again since it has not worked since 4.3.

basically, has anyone successfully used a AR DSi as a "passme" device.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yes, the ARDSi can be used to boot carts in order to update them. Swapping I don't know, but booting yes.

It's just rarely mentioned since they cost more than a new flash cart anyways.

6. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    considering i can pickup a ARDSi for 25$ vs 50$ for DS2, and can use it for cheats on retail game carts as a added bonus, and that there is nothing wrong with my AK2i, i may get a AR DSi then so i can use my AK2i on my 3ds again without buying another flash card.
    if the AR DSi gets blocked in a future update then I will consider a DS2 but it seems the Action Replay has been dodging bullets left and right and is avoiding the ban waves so far.