Hacking 3DS unbricking progress

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Already fixed it and the DSTWO+ works like a charm on this device :)

Today a new FW (v1.05) was released for DSTWO+.
It contains a removal of the brick code and it supports now Gateway 3.5.1 Ultra Launcher.dat

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Already fixed it and the DSTWO+ works like a charm on this device :)

Today a new FW (v1.05) was released for DSTWO+.
It contains a removal of the brick code and it supports now Gateway 3.5.1 Ultra Launcher.dat
they have just updated the GW plugin the brick code is in the GW launcher.dat which SC have zero control over, the best you can hope for is that they figured out exactly how the code was being triggered for DStwo users and it isn't just the same deal as the "fixes" R4DE etc put out to "fix" the brick code......i.e they just did the exact same thing as the first time and still had people getting bricked, thats what makes the GW bricks so "good" without RE'ing their launcher.dat the cloners dont even know how/why the brick code triggers and don't know if they just had a lucky streak of no bricking, i.e well i did *something* and now i booted 200 times with no brick.....that must mean i fixed the issue right :creep:

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tadaaa, it happened!!!!

*Supercard DSTWO+ with 1.05 FW and 3.5.1 Ultra Gateway Plugin *

First I played a 3DS Rom.
Later I opened the browser, went to the specific address to run the exploit, hold down the L-Button to get to the Gateway Menu.
There I created a backup of the NAND. It was successfully done.
In the same menu I pressed the button named "Gateway Mode" and the 3DS freezed. After 5 mins I switched it off and on again:

The famous blue screen appeared! My 3DS is bricked!

I think I did the same mistake with my other 3DS but I didn't create a NAND dump there.

I hope I can unbrick this model. With first device I was unable to unbrick it.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tadaaa, it happened!!!!

Later I opened the browser, went to the specific address to run the exploit, hold down the L-Button to get to the Gateway Menu.
In the same menu I pressed the button named "Gateway Mode" and the 3DS freezed. After 5 mins I switched it off and on again:

I think I did the same mistake with my other 3DS but I didn't create a NAND dump there.

From my understanding all bricks can be saved providing you have a good NAND back up.

D

Deleted-236924

Haha at least you got to backup nand right before it bricked :P
Bet SC will attempt to fix it several times until finally giving up >.>

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Tadaaa, it happened!!!!

yeah you should be good this time with a nand backup, seeing as some people have had no bricks using the 1.0.4 plugin even you must have been pretty unlucky to brick twice based on what seems to be a fairly small hit rate, its like rolling double sixes 4 times in a row.....but then that's what gateway went for with their brick code, its all RNG based so its harder for cloners to pinpoint the exact cause, so it harder for them to fix

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tadaaa, it happened!!!!

Sc FW 1.05 and it bricks, lol.

not making fun of you; it's truly tragic.

what I was thinking about is how SC failed. again.

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
At least I know how the brick was caused by me 2 times: Clicking on "Gateway Mode" in the Gateway Menu.
Will do that never ever again!
Be aware of this!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
At least I know how the brick was caused by me 2 times: Clicking on "Gateway Mode" in the Gateway Menu.
Will do that never ever again!
Be aware of this!
you kinda have to do that to enter GW mode :P......out of curiosity, does the DSTWO+ not autoboot into emunand like a normal GW card?

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you kinda have to do that to enter GW mode :P......out of curiosity, does the DSTWO+ not autoboot into emunand like a normal GW card?

Nope. When I went to go.gateway-3ds.com my 3DS automatically returned to the main menu (Gateway Mode) where I can open the games list with the Select Key.
But when I hold the L-Button before it returns to the main menu, it wents to the Gateway Menu. From there it was not possible for me to get to Gateway Mode via "Gateway Mode" Button. It freezed and bricked my 3DS.
I needed the Gateway Menu only for creating a NAND dump. For playing games I should stay in the main menu after returning automatically from the browser to the main menu and press Select there.

Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nope. When I went to go.gateway-3ds.com my 3DS automatically returned to the main menu (Gateway Mode) where I can open the games list with the Select Key.
But when I hold the L-Button before it returns to the main menu, it wents to the Gateway Menu. From there it was not possible for me to get to Gateway Mode via "Gateway Mode" Button. It freezed and bricked my 3DS.
I needed the Gateway Menu only for creating a NAND dump. For playing games I should stay in the main menu after returning automatically from the browser to the main menu and press Select there.
hmmmm ok i guess its a lead for those looking to "prove" the DSTWO+ bricks, if/when you un-brick could you try bricking again and film it this time, just to put all those conspiracy theorists saying that people are lying about DSTWO+ bricks to rest,

thanks for sharing your findings though, honestly if i was you i would try get my money back on the DSTWO+ its kinda looking like they are as "talented" as the R4 team in regards to making sure their card is safe for use, just use CFW and at least then you get some of the money back for the replacement 3DS that you had to buy because of their lack of testing

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does. I just ran some tests on my 3DS and did not brick. I ran classic mode, booted straight into emuNAND. I also launched GW force update, but did not update. I ran NVRAM and GW sysmode, booted a DS rom and then went to GW mode without having to reinstall a ROP. I had a couple of freezes, but no brick. I even tried to run the SC from classic mode. Bear in mind, I am using a non region changed New 3DS on 9.0.0-20U sysNAND and 9.5.0-23U emuNAND.

What model are you running on?

Last edited by hundshamer,

cy2u5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When my unbrick attempt will be successful, I'll record a video of the brick process and will upload it on YouTube. You get the link here soon.

Mine is a white old 3DS with 8.1.0-4E Firmware. No emuNAND or similar things. Just the 3DS and a DSTWO+ card. 3.5.1 Ultra Loader.dat + 1.05 DSTWO+ Firmware

Last edited by cy2u5,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
When my unbrick attempt will be successful, I'll record a video of the brick process and will upload it on YouTube. You get the link here soon.

Mine is a white old 3DS with 8.1.0-4E Firmware
yeah i was talking with hundshamer and wanted a few more details, did you specifically run the 1.0.5 update from the DS mode to properly update the card or just dive straight back into the GW stuff.....if so you may still be running the 1.0.4 firmware if you only copied the 1.0.5 FW onto the SD and didn't launch it (i dont own a DSTWO so im not 100% on the specifics of how it works)

also is your card a DSTWO+ specifically or is it one of the late model DSTWO cards that were updateable to a DSTWO+

we are also wondering if its possible the GW brick code is only o3DS compatible, he is testing on a n3DS, might explain why some people are only getting the odd crash and no bricks and others got bricked

Last edited by gamesquest1,

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're booting into sysNAND if you do not have emuNAND installed. Hmm. You might want to install emuNAND and update it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2