Gaming 3DS StreetPass Taxi Service

d0gma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conventions are definitely a good place to get streetpasses. I went to comicpalooza in Houston a few months ago and was almost constantly clearing out all the hits I was getting. Unfortunately, it was only 2 or 3 at a time, so I wasn't able to get 100 in a day, but I ended up with about 65 the first day and another 30 or so the second.
I also went to one of the promotions Nintendo was doing at Best Buy and got about 30 passes in the 3 hours I was there, though that wasn't as much fun since I already have all the puzzles and hats. I did have a good time imagining people's eyes widening when they went to get a puzzle piece from me and saw that I had allllll of them. Aside from helping people out with pieces, I'm mostly doing it so I can get the population and streetpass accomplishments.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the other problem is that most people would carry their smartphone rather than their 3DS XL. I only took my 3DS XL into town to build up some play coins but I got absolutely zero streetpass hits.

UBWICOS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm living in a rural area in Vietnam. I have never get any Streetpass... fml
(My town is only 40km away from Hanoi - Vietnam capital)

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since I got mine in January I had 3 Streetpass hits from 2 people - 2 from a friend when I visited him and 1 from some random person. I take it with me almost every time I leave so yeah... My area needs more 3DS fans! :(

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I hardly use me 3DS these days.
I never hit the city also and when I was still walking with me dog, I only took it with me for playcoins really lol

I'd love to have some puzzle pieces tho

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A service like that isn't really viable because after 10 hits, you have to keep playing the mii plaza games in order to use up those 10 people and get any new ones. And getting 10 puzzle places and playing find mii actually takes a good chunk of time.

At some places like tokyo or conventions, it is absolutely amazing how many hits you can get. I hit the 100 in 1 day achievement in tokyo. Literally in the time it took me to get the puzzle pieces and play find mii for 10 people, I already had 10 more lined up ready to go.

I would say try to set up a meet up in your area where people can go at a certain time, not only for streetpass but also for some local multiplayer.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure with some sleuthing
we might be able to set up a GBATemp StreetPass Relay Station

Actually its rather easy to turn any router into an access point for the 3DS.
Should be a thread on it here on GBAtemp, is where I first read it.
Its very easy, just take an extra router rename the ID correctly and turn off security.

However the relay might be more like a ghost feature than a relay between two areas.

Like for instance the 3DS sends location and 3DS mii data to a server online through the access point then it'll relay that data back whenver a 3DS is in range and checks that location for previous mii data.
So 3DS A goes to Starbucks at 7am then leaves, later 3DS B visits at 1pm and gets Mii data from 3DS A by checking online. Perhaps that would last for the whole day or so.
Knowing Nintendo I'd bet they'd do something simple like that rather than do a live relay.

On topic though, a Taxi service would be nice if it could be done safe and professional enough. However I think the risk is too great for the average 3DS owner so I don't see it taking off.
Best to wait for more options I suppose.
Might be a way to make an online relay system even if Nintendo does the one up top. Just need to intercept the transfer and reverse enginer the way the server works.
So never know just gotta wait and see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Enter the Dragon?