Yay!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I live in a very rural area and don't get many StreetPass entries, the most I've gotten in a single day was two. (One real person and a GameStop's demo 3DS unit) I was wondering if this sounded like a viable idea.

A trustworthy person receives 3DSes in the mail from various people all over the country and puts them all in a backpack and bike rides or walks in a heavy 3DS user area, a College campus, Sci-Fi convention or a big city and after a few trips (Depending on how much the person paid) is then returned to them by mail.

Of course you'd have to make this safe for both parties somehow, prepaid shipping labels, insurance, singing waivers, etc.

I'd really enjoy something like that because I want to play FindMii but run out of Play Coins instantly and these games are really meant to played with StreetPass assistance.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there a limit on Streetpass hits? idk. Even in a major metropolitan area like here in the Albuquerque Metro, which is more spread out (suburban) then a city like, say, Tokyo, you just don't get very many hits. They're just too few and far between in the states (Think Japan's size vs. the United States).

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
I live in a very rural area and don't get many StreetPass entries, the most I've gotten in a single day was two. (One real person and a GameStop's demo 3DS unit) I was wondering if this sounded like a viable idea.

A trustworthy person receives 3DSes in the mail from various people all over the country and puts them all in a backpack and bike rides or walks in a heavy 3DS user area, a College campus, Sci-Fi convention or a big city and after a few trips (Depending on how much the person paid) is then returned to them by mail.

Of course you'd have to make this safe for both parties somehow, prepaid shipping labels, insurance, singing waivers, etc.

I'd really enjoy something like that because I want to play FindMii but run out of Play Coins instantly and these games are really meant to played with StreetPass assistance.
This may not be necessary before too long.

Nintendo has been talking about the problem of western countries where a sizable portion of users are isolated and have trouble getting hits. Their proposed solution is to have a relay station system where people can get streetpass hits asynchronously at designated hotspots like McDonalds and such. Here is the source link:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine...e-will-make-it-easier-to-get-streetpass-hits/

Reactions: omgpwn666

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't there a limit on Streetpass hits? idk. Even in a major metropolitan area like here in the Albuquerque Metro, which is more spread out (suburban) then a city like, say, Tokyo, you just don't get very many hits. They're just too few and far between in the states (Think Japan's size vs. the United States).

nope just you can only get ten at a time

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may not be necessary before too long.

Nintendo has been talking about the problem of western countries where a sizable portion of users are isolated and have trouble getting hits. Their proposed solution is to have a relay station system where people can get streetpass hits asynchronously at designated hotspots like McDonalds and such. Here is the source link:
http://www.officialnintendomagazine...e-will-make-it-easier-to-get-streetpass-hits/
That's a step in the right direction. What they need to do is have a daily spotpass visitor instead (not everyone lives near a McDonald's), though most people here don't have Wi-Fi either.
nope just you can only get ten at a time
Ah. I thought it had something like that.

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
pretty sure with some sleuthing
we might be able to set up a GBATemp StreetPass Relay Station

Be sure to come to Banbridge Northern Ireland, not many 3DS users around Northern Ireland at all, I've been to the capital of NI and ROI both got 2 street pass hits in the city centres :L been to other cities as well like Lisburn and Bangor, got 4 in one day at Dundonald Ice Bowl :L, I live in the wrong area for it tbh. I get one a day from my brother, that's it :)

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Be sure to come to Banbridge Northern Ireland, not many 3DS users around Northern Ireland at all, I've been to the capital of NI and ROI both got 2 street pass hits in the city centres :L been to other cities as well like Lisburn and Bangor, got 4 in one day at Dundonald Ice Bowl :L, I live in the wrong area for it tbh. I get one a day from my brother, that's it :)

do you not know what a relay station is? -_-

it means you set up your router and the 3DS stresspass signals go through that to each other

Tekken179

Trophies
XP
Country
do you not know what a relay station is? -_-

it means you set up your router and the 3DS stresspass signals go through that to each other

LMAO... I have no idea what I was thinking... =\ leave me alone it's morning.

I know what a relay station is, but was unaware the 3DS streetpass can be manipulated like that? Explain.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
That would be super awesome, although I kinda doubt its possibility. :(

well the new update changed the Streetpass settings
more than likely to incorporate the ability that your 3DS doesn't have to receive the streetpass data and send your own at the same time

meaning we can capture the 3DS data, send it, broadcast it elsewhere

the issue before was that the receiving had to be sending at the same time
but according the the Relay Stations information, this no longer happens

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a swapnote friend recently took his [3DS] system to Disney Land (here in Florida USA) I live near there... I would have expected quite a few hits, being thousands of people each day. After 2 days he only had 14 hits... that's just sad.
oh and BTW Monte? I'll send you my 3ds... when they can pry it from my cold dead fingers, wrapped in playing position of course...

Interesting idea though.. better yet, make a gadget that collects the signals, send THAT to people, so each may make a 'street hit' & recieve hundreds... maybe.. or.. let's expand on this, slightly off topic...I'm a motorcyclist and tour the country frequently, I am involved with this hobby called Geocaching, (google it) mix the two together... Geocaching & Recieving 3ds passes, interesting... very interesting... rather than swapping small baubels how about Friend codes or Nintendo swag?

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got 8. (well, 7. My girlfriend has her own).

I've noticed Animal Crossing is upping the number of hits I get in a week. I was averaging one every 2 weeks, now I've gotten hits almost every day.

Sadly, it's been the same 2 people with no new puzzle pieces, but still.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use the demo 3DS units at Best Buy and Gamestop correctly you can collect pretty much any puzzle piece you want. I'm only a few pieces away from having all of puzzle swap completed.

I'll be lucky if I streetpass twice a month, but once a year I go to Katsucon, and will end up with several hundred streetpasses by the end of the weekend. You could probably do this at just about any anime, game, comic, or sci-fi convention out there. Also streetpassed quite a few times at Best Buy with Nintendo's E3 Promotion. You just have to be aware of events that are likely to attract Nintendo fans with 3DSs. Disney land? Not that likely, I'd hate to take my 3DS there and then have it lost or stolen.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I live in an area where not many people ahve a 3DS and those that do don't do shit with their Miis so getting ANYTHING here is a chore in and on itself. But thats nothing new really as people are dickheads here. THe problem I see with that Idea is, who do you trust?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

japan have already thought of this idea a while back because of how often you get streetpasses there, but it could be a good idea locally too, but then again its not needed anymore nintendo are going to be putting out the relay stations in europe and us, i just hope they space them out a bit as this will be my only chance to get more streetpasses than i usually get in a week.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I have not recieved any Streetpasses since the 3DS launch and haven't seen a single person with a 3DS. People here tend not to buy things they can't pirate on, which is the reason I know more than 15 people with PSPs. And I hate the explanation that games are too expensive. I see people with 1000$ Androids everywhere. People just don't like paying for what they can't see. And that is just sad.
And I can't send my 3DS to any '3DS taxi service' because I'll have to send it abroad, which'll cost too much to be able to complete my Puzzles.
And, even though McDonald's is said to open up relay stations, I'm sure our McDonald's will be the last one to launch such a thing.
And I live in the second largest city in my country and carry my 3DS to school every day and later down the main street and the mall. I feel like I'm the only person here with such a device. :sad:
I don't get people here.
Never have. Never will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: What if succubus were real? :ninja: