Hardware 3ds soaked with apple juice.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got my 99 % isopropyl alcohol from ebay today. Can this damage the ''plastic screen'' in front of my upper LCD screen if i have gotten to the point where i'm going to dip the whole thing in rubbing alcohol?

Just remove the four black tabs hiding the screws(next to top screen) to remove the lid.
put the 3ds xl in the closed position (Lid to tummy) and insert a plectrum in the seam between outer lid and inner lid. start at the L trigger and work your way across

Just remove the four black tabs hiding the screws(next to top screen) to remove the lid.
put the 3ds xl in the closed position (Lid to tummy) and insert a plectrum in the seam between outer lid and inner lid. start at the L trigger and work your way across to r trigger

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got my 99 % isopropyl alcohol from ebay today. Can this damage the ''plastic screen'' in front of my upper LCD screen if i have gotten to the point where i'm going to dip the whole thing in rubbing alcohol?

I wouldn't use alcohol in a plastic LCD screen.
Can't you use detergent and water? (for the visible part of the screen)
Alcohol kinds of burns them a little, it tends to go a bit whitish a it doesn't look so good afterwards.

Loffah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I wouldn't use alcohol in a plastic LCD screen.
Can't you use detergent and water? (for the visible part of the screen)
Alcohol kinds of burns them a little, it tends to go a bit whitish a it doesn't look so good afterwards.
Sorry for not explaining myself properly. This thread have gone to far already honestly. But i just want to open the scale to get out some parts, like the speakers etc.
I have already bought a new scale and a new LCD screen. As i stated earlyer: I can't get the scale open because of the stiff apple juice. Several individuals have tried to open it with strength and they all have failed. I have also tried to damp it and use a hairdryer to open it without much luck. I'm going to get a new toothbrush and brush it with isopropyl tomorrow but i'm not convinced that that will me enough.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for not explaining myself properly. This thread have gone to far already honestly. But i just want to open the scale to get out some parts, like the speakers etc.
I have already bought a new scale and a new LCD screen. As i stated earlyer: I can't get the scale open because of the stiff apple juice. Several individuals have tried to open it with strength and they all have failed. I have also tried to damp it and use a hairdryer to open it without much luck. I'm going to get a new toothbrush and brush it with isopropyl tomorrow but i'm not convinced that that will me enough.
Why don't you better soak it in distilled water then?
It is way less conductive and abrasive than alcohol, and should kind of dissolve the sticky sugar just a bit.
You should dry it well afterwards, and perhaps it will be somewhat corrosive, but sure less than the apple juice or the alcohol... Anyway I would keep trying using just force.

D

Deleted-355425

someone needs to have this 3DS shipped to them to crack open and fix it, its killing my OCD.

Reactions: Loffah

Loffah

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Haha i managed to open it now. It was really the apple juice holding it back.
Now i need to get another lcd screen for the upper part of the 3ds xl. Do anyone know if the 3ds xl and the 3ds xl LL uses the same type of screen?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the late answer and all. It took some time to get the correct parts etc, but everything seems to work now. New scale and two new screens. It was a pain to put this thing together again tho, i would not recommend it to anyone.
Ha ha, the hard way is always the fun way to me. Good job getting it working though, congrats!

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late answer and all. It took some time to get the correct parts etc, but everything seems to work now. New scale and two new screens. It was a pain to put this thing together again tho, i would not recommend it to anyone.

The reviewer in me begs to differ; I'd give the whole process of 7.8/10. Still good in general, but too much apple juice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43