3DS RPG's

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Skelletonike, Apr 4, 2011.

Apr 4, 2011

3DS RPG's by Skelletonike at 9:36 PM (3,376 Views / 0 Likes) 34 replies

1. Skelletonike
    OP

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Well, I'll be speaking for myself, but I'm a real RPG lover. So, what RPG's are you expecting to see on the 3DS?

As for me, here's a couple of games that would be awesome:

- Shin Megami Tensei games (a Persona and the Overclocked one have already been announced);
    - Dragon Quest (don't know about you, but I've always prefered Dragon Quest to Final Fantasy, feels more retro xP);
    - Final Fantasy (well, they're already making one for it, apparently a port from a phone one?);
    - .Hack (this one may be asking for too much, but they did seem interested to make one for the DS, so maybe they'll make one now? >.

2. Amiti

Member Amiti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Though Tales of the Abyss is a re-port I would really like to see it localized. A new Tales of game in general would also be nice. If it were to ever make it to the states of course.

I can't wait to see what Persona is going to be!

3. Skelletonike
    OP

Portugal
    I'd like it if they remade the first Persona's... I found them quite interesting, although hard to understand at first. xP

4. Gullwing

Member Gullwing Synesthete

Greece
    LOL at your avatar! I would love a Castlevania (it's not that much of an RPG) but definately I would love a Final Fantasy... But an awesome one... I'm anticipating Kingdom Hearts by the way

5. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I can see them just putting out Persona 3 again as PS3DS. But that's would be the fourth bloody release of P3. Alternatively it could be Persona or Persona 2, which if the only SMT games you've played are P3/4 than you might be findyourself in a state of shock.

6. Skelletonike
    OP

Portugal
    Well, I've played all of them and I gotta admit that I like the style of the P3 and P4, although they're not as dark as they used to be. xP

7. emigre

United Kingdom
    I'm a fan of the SMT games but I quite like the Persona series being the 'light relief' of the series. The main SMT series should be dark as fuck whilst the Persona games gives some respite from that.

8. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    And I'm such a huge fan girl, that I'd buy it again [​IMG]

I bought the special editions of Persona 3, Persona 3: FES, and Persona 3 Portable, and if they release it for the 3DS, I'll buy it again.

I don't think it'll be the first or second Persona - the PSP has both remakes. However, Persona 2 is 2 different games, so the PSP's getting Innocent Sin, and I suppose it's possible the 3DS will get Eternal Punishment.

Ideally, it'll be a new entry into the series, but I doubt it. I'll definitely take Persona 4 Portable, though. P4P3DS. LOVE IT.

Atlus has said the following series are coming to the 3DS:

Etrian Odyssey
    Shin Megami Tensei
    Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

We already know that we're getting Overclocked. (I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 3DS upgraded version of Devil Survivor 2, either.) Shin Megami Tensei could be a sequel to Strange Journey (YES PLEASE), or simply another entry into the SMT series. But Etrian Odyssey? In 3D? Yes please.

9. Skelletonike
    OP

Portugal
    Etrian Odyssey is quite cool, the only thing I dont like about it, is that there isnt an actual 'main char', nor is there any sort of feeling beetween the characters... Maybe if the characters you could make actualy spoke or showed hints of a personality it'd be more interesting. >.<
    But that's just my opinion. xP

And well, I quite enjoyed Persona 3, I bought both versions for Ps2, (I tried to buy the japanese one to get the headphones but I was too late)

10. emigre

United Kingdom
    I agree about Atlus not releasing P1/2s which really means P3 again, but than they'll cross the line towards milking the series. I wouldn't mind if they remade the original SMT. That would be fucking boss. Update the visuals, menus, game mechanics and in some extra demons than we've got ourselves a sweet game.

11. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    A new Earthbound and Chrono game!

12. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    definitely a new kingdom hearts game!!!! awesome series!
    final fantasy too! alongside professor layton + new pokemon [​IMG] + The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time too :DDD

so many awesome games *.*

13. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Kingdom Hearts is already confirmed.

14. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Or a Portable Persona 4. I'm sure it'd be easier just to port P3P to the 3DS, and then just update it, but I don't think they'll go for 3 remakes of the same game. I mean, I'd still buy it (especially if it included both The Answer and the Female route), but I don't think they will. I'm really hoping for a Persona 4 Portable, or a side story to 3 or 4 (like, the entire game but from a different view), but with the same gameplay. I'd love to play Persona 3 from Aegis' or Mitsuru's view point.

15. emigre

United Kingdom
    Ideally I'd love to see Jumpei Iori: Ace Detective. Junpei becomes a detective and uses his Persona to solve mysteries with Koro being hid doggy sidekick.

16. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Well, you know the story. It is written in the sky that the 3DS will get a new everything from almost every dev company. A new FF, FF:CC, Tales of, DQ, KH and so on,...

Just wait and see. Take the time to play and enjoy them new launch after new launch !! [​IMG]

Pip'

17. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Ooh, imagine dungeons like in PS1, but in 3D. Then combat like PS2, where instead of the grid just suggesting depth, there's real depth. I'd have to buy a 3DS just for that game if it happened.

18. Skelletonike
    OP

Portugal
    That would be plain weird. o.o

19. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    BORING.

Give me Phantasy Star Zero II any day.

20. Ryufushichou

Member Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Australia
    Im really hoping tales of the abyss gets its first Australian release in Aus, i had an imported PS2, and the game and it was the greatest, a 3D version and a portable version would be the best!