OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
prwlr. said:
Skelletonike said:
- Phantasy Star (it would be nice to have a real Phantasy Star game for the 3DS, with real I mean one like the original ones, even if it was just a remake);
BORING.

Give me Phantasy Star Zero II any day.

You wouldn't like to see a remake of it? =S

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Vincent Valentine said:
Im really hoping tales of the abyss gets its first Australian release in Aus, i had an imported PS2, and the game and it was the greatest, a 3D version and a portable version would be the best!

Personally, I prefer the other tittles to Abyss, but it was a really good game nonetheless. ^^

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Skelletonike said:
Vincent Valentine said:
Im really hoping tales of the abyss gets its first Australian release in Aus, i had an imported PS2, and the game and it was the greatest, a 3D version and a portable version would be the best!

Personally, I prefer the other tittles to Abyss, but it was a really good game nonetheless. ^^
I think there are better tales games and other RPG's, but abyss was the tales game (other than Symphonia 1) that i spent alot of time on, and i would really like to play it in 3D because miew needs to shut up and drown!

kcaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another game in the style of Magical Starsign would be awesome.

Sadly, I expect it won't happen
frown.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prwlr. said:
Skelletonike said:
- Phantasy Star (it would be nice to have a real Phantasy Star game for the 3DS, with real I mean one like the original ones, even if it was just a remake);
BORING.

I thought PS0 was absolutely terrible, especially when I picked up PS:P/PS:P2.

I kinda felt myself not all too interested in the DS RPG library over the PSP RPG library so all I'd really want is another Pokemon game (provided they don't take a giant shit on it and use 3D models instead of sprites), maybe another SMT: Strange Journey (it felt a lot better than Devil Survivor), and probably a Nostalgia sequel (Nostalgia was surprisingly fun although I never really finished it).

And for the love of god Square Enix, don't make a TWEWY sequel. I have so many issues with that game.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something like Super Paper Mario could be something that could really take advantage of the 3D capabilities for some core gameplay mechanics.

But in terms of pure RPGs I'm not sure how the 3D might help. I guess perhaps something like Eterian Odyssey/Wizardry/Dark Spire/etc might look interesting in 3D? How does that Ghost Recon game look? Might be a good indicator if 3D really helps with gameplay, and if it could be extended to the RPG genre.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guild McCommunist said:
prwlr. said:
Skelletonike said:
- Phantasy Star (it would be nice to have a real Phantasy Star game for the 3DS, with real I mean one like the original ones, even if it was just a remake);BORING.

I thought PS0 was absolutely terrible, especially when I picked up PS:P/PS:P2.
It gets better like half way through.
But no way is it better compared to PSP2. Handheld PSU games go PSP2 > PSZ > PSP1 (I haven't played PSP2i yet (Waiting for the English release, if they do it))QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Apr 5 2011, 02:17 PM)
And for the love of god Square Enix, don't make a TWEWY sequel. I have so many issues with that game.
Oh and this

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definetly a Castlevania game, like the last 3 ones for the DS.

Final Fantasy ofc, if it can be something like FF7-8.

Maybe a Golden Sun for the 3DS, since they revived the series already they might aswell keep at it. =)

Monster Hunter.. (Ok so it might not be classified as an RPG, but hey) and another Phantasy Star Online.

a second TWEWY game, or in that style.. guess it would be hard to make that in 3D and keep the 2D sprites? xD

Etrian 4?
biggrin.gif
Love the corridor things to be in 3D. Make it like you walk down a tunnel with the 3D effect.

Contact 2.

Another game in the Magical Vacation\Starsign IP.

A Magic the Gatherin or i guess Yu-Gi-OH\Pokemon TSG game in 3D! Could incoporate the camera and AR stuff, for real cards or something. Like that PS3 game.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved The World Ends with You, and I'd LOVE a sequel. It's one of the few titles I played through from start to finish without much, if any other forms of media in between (T.V time/movie time/other game time was used for TWEWY), which I also did with Strange Journey, P3P, Secret of Mana, Oracle of Seasons, and I think World of Goo.

To be fair, I didn't understand/couldn't use the top screen from gameplay, so I only controlled Neku, and let the CPU control the partner. If they could somehow fix that, I think it'd be a lot better and user friendly. Other than that, though, I'd love it. I loved the original idea behind the two screen mechanic, the story, the art style, the music - everything. Hell, even the pin smasher mini game was a lot of fun when I played it with my friend's little brother - it was great. And the StreetPass functionality is practically a given - exchanging pins/scores/menu items is right up their ally. I'm all for a sequel. I think it'd be really awesome if they took music from your SD Card and played it during some of the transitioning scenes, too.

Edit
The 3DS is getting both another EO AND Class of Heroes 3D. Class of Heroes was pretty much the PSP's equivalent to EO, but with more party members, and more focus on attack and race statistics. Really fun game.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A TWEWY sequel would be great but I have a hard time imagining another story for it.
I really liked the top+bottom screen gameplay. It worked really well since the AI was pretty smart, and I only took over during some boss fights. So I hope if a sequel happens, they do keep some sort of top+bottom gameplay.

Oh, and I suppose I also want them CLEARLY explaining how to set up and use pins. Because so many morons got confused by the pin system and thought it was cluttered and hard to use, when in reality...it was their fault they didn't read the pin manual, and the pin system actually worked great. I've yet to play a DS game with a funner combat system then TWEWY.

I also want to see more SMT and Tales games on the 3DS. Though, I doubt any 3DS Tales game will be localized. Which is a damn shame. I have slight hope for ToA, since it's already translated on the PS2...but otherwise yeah, I have no hope for any new Tales games that might arise.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well... Perhaps they will start to localise more games with the 3DS... I mean... It is a pretty neat console and it had a pretty huge success, so if they're smart they might take the better of it and translate any games that will reel in fans. :3

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't blown away with the game play style of TWEWY, but I did enjoy it. I never had any problems with how the pins work - I thought it was rather simple enough. But I agree - I think the biggest problem Square would have for a sequel would probably be the story, but I'm sure they can come up with something. I mean, I loved the story, and I'd hate to see it butchered, but if they can come up with a sequel with a story as good as the first, I'll pre-order it now. I think there were enough rocks left unturned that they could come up with something, specifically on the Reaper's side.

Grah! All this talk about the game is making me want to play it now, but I already sealed the original, and I can't find my save file for the back up I made >

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lol, yeah, it would be pretty cool. =3
They could probably make the main char a reaper that went rogue and decided that what they were doing was wrong or something. >.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A 3DS Dragon Quest would be great. I can do without Final Fantasy though - it got too emo
tongue.gif
and I like the battles in DQ more.

Chrono Trigger would be too great. It will not happen.

But what would be even better, albeit not really RPG; it would be really awesome to have another Shiren The Wanderer (even if just a remake of the japan-only DS games), or just any other rogue-like/dungeon-crawler.

I couldn't really get into Etrian Odyssey. But I will try again if we don't get a good dungeon crawler on 3DS. Well, that is after playing the Shiren Mystery Dungeon fan translations :>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.