3DS Region and Sub Region Don't Match

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 2DSUSERHere, Nov 27, 2016.

1. 2DSUSERHere
    OP

2DSUSERHere Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys, im using a 2DS and gateway 3DS and have recently been playing Pokemon.

One of the things i've noticed with any Pokemon i catch is that their original trainer (meaning mine) Sub Region and 3DS region don't match.

The Sub-Region is a city in the U.S, while the 3DS region is Japan. Why is this? My 3DS was bought in the U.S and even has the U at the end of the version, and the .CIA is a region free one.

2. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew Shiny Mew!

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Faraway Island
    This is your second post about the same topic. Anyway probably a bug since Gen 7 PKHeX isn't very stable.

3. 2DSUSERHere
    OP

2DSUSERHere Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2016
    United States
    Sorry, got no responses on my last post! And this same thing was going on in Gen 6 aswell though.

4. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    It's not a bug, you probably have "enable region change" on in the luma setting with a local .txt file. I.E somewhere you changed the region of your game(s) with a program on the DS. It's the only way you get mismatched info like that on PKHeX, it's not a bug. Did you ever change it to receive an out of region pokemon event for instance? Basically your DS is loading pokemon as the JPN region on your US DS (Mine does the exact same because I used Luma Locale switcher to change it myself) All you have to do is turn the setting off in Luma or delete the .txt file in SD/Luma/Locales

5. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    you changed the gateway language to japan or you are using a region spoof file for luma as Majickhat55 said