3DS private headers

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by dark saiyan, Oct 12, 2015.

1. dark saiyan
    OP

dark saiyan Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2011
    Netherlands
    Hi,

I have bought the sky3ds blue and i am on firmware 9.9-26 on my 3ds.
    my question is: how do i make a private header without powersave or something?

sky3ds has a tutorial on how to make private headers but it makes no sense to me.

thanks in advance

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    You don't "make" a header, a header is the unique information that every retail game cardtridge game has to play online, it has all the game's information like how big it is, the manufacturer, chip type, etc...

You can either extract it from a savegame with the power saves method, a free method is to dump the game itself and extract it using gateway's rom patcher but you'll need a 9.2 or less firmware system for it, which I guess you don't have...

That's the options, you can't just magically pull the file out of the cardtridge.

LameNobody likes this.
  3. dark saiyan
    OP

dark saiyan Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2011
    Netherlands
    so if i buy the datel action replay powersaves 3ds from somewhere i should be set?

4. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It is also possible to randomly generate a header and if you're lucky you'll eventually get a working one, but yeah a powersaves is much safer.

6. Jawertae

Jawertae Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Or if you have any friend with an exploitable firmware you can dump your rom and get the header that way. Its a free solution.

7. SomecallmeBerto

SomecallmeBerto The Anti-Hero

Dec 17, 2014
    United States
    USA
    What are the odds? - Honestly unless you plan to hack your system nobody would do that.

8. Jawertae

Jawertae Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    My 3ds had not been updated past the 6s then I got an xl and had to upgrade to system transfer. My buddy never system transferred and didn't play anything new so I had a nonexploitable firm but his was exploitable. Just ask your friends if they update their shit.