Gaming 3ds pokemon Sapphire Ruby remake ideas?

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What if Nintendo/Game freak remade Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald remake for 3ds, how would you like to see the series progress, like what enhancements and features would you like to see, couple of mine below

Stick to the standard top down view but advance the sprite quality, if possible cell shaded to keep the kids attention and it would improve the experience as a whole.

Make it backwards compatible with the ds in terms of trading online and via local wifi, that way you have access to every generation as all pokemon are currently available on the ds platform

Co-Op mode, pretty much explains itself, go through the journey with a friend for those tough battles, obviously it’ll be marketed as “play as a team, become a pokemon double fighting force” but it would help out if you really are that stuck.

Battle sprites have increased motion and moves look more punishing, they could do it like the anime but without the cheesy shit they say and motion more true to the progression of the series rather than just going over the top to show off the 3ds

MMO-mode, the choice to go online on a specific server and wonder around the map which is limited to maybe 100-200 people per server so its not over crowded, you can turn on auto ignore so if your being challenged by other trainers you can auto deny without the game informing you and theres no constant stopping because f challenges you just walk straight past

The map that’s available in mmo-mode is the same one available in the offline mode so you can play through the quest as usual and all people are replaced by peoples onlineapart from the people you actually need to talk to progress the story or give rare items.

It should be a remake of Saphhire and Ruby, as I said earlier all pokemon available via ds games and theres too many pokemon as is right now give another go at a remake.

CGI cut scenes at major plot points (not loads and they wont look anything like the ps3 or xbox just a simple detailed one now and then.

And subs, no voice overs for key characters, keep it subtitles it’s the way its supposed to be played

Ofcourse this will never happen Nintendos about online-a-phobe as they come and have poor network support even if you dare to tread those waters,they need to ugrade the network for the wiiU so might as well tie in a pokemon game at the same time, dominate the market on console and handhelds

Any other ideas on making the perfect pokemon game or disagree with any of my ideas say down below.

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately many people want remakes like this but it would never happen the way you want it even if it did. They remade Silver and Gold and I bet it didn't hold up to that many people expectations. I figure hope for it but don't expect the features your hoping at the same time.

I really doubt remakes right now though they are going to wait a while for the new 3DS game Rumble or whatever you call it. After that simmers down they will definitely do a sequel to Black and White (3rd version e.g. Grey or something) or make a remake. Something guaranteed though.

D

Deleted-236924

Yes, make it cell-shading, that way more people will say Pokémon is childish and/or for babies.

sporkonomix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sporkbox.us
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately many people want remakes like this but it would never happen the way you want it even if it did. They remade Silver and Gold and I bet it didn't hold up to that many people expectations. I figure hope for it but don't expect the features your hoping at the same time.

I really doubt remakes right now though they are going to wait a while for the new 3DS game Rumble or whatever you call it. After that simmers down they will definitely do a sequel to Black and White (3rd version e.g. Grey or something) or make a remake. Something guaranteed though.
HGSS were well-received and were fantastic remakes for already great games. Game Freak's not likely to top that job, however. Gold and Silver were originally going to be the last in the "series", but they did so well at market that they couldn't possibly pass up the success. (Source: Iwata Asks Interview)

Biochao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokesplosion.com
XP
Country
United States
I made a Twitter account to see what other people think and to get some more support for the remakes, but I would want, like the OP said, the remakes for the 3DS, CGI cut scenes (like when Groundon & Kyogre are battling), I know what you mean about the sprites but I think they should keep them mostly the way they are and at most make them have a style in-between where they are now and how the DS Zelda games look like.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass