shieldcy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hello,

I believe I have a problem with sky3ds+.
I follow all the guides I could found but it is still not working

I downloaded the firmware file and put it on my sd card.

Then I put the sd card in the sky3ds and I used the usb cable to connect it with the laptop.
When I connect it, it displays a green light for 1 second and then it goes off. No lights, nothing.

I tried adding games by using a usb sd reader. Then I put it in my 3DS, it shows a red- then green- then blue light very fast, 3 times.. then goes off. And nothing happens.

Also no settings.txt is created.

Is sky3ds+ faulty? I think it works as I can see the light. Maybe the SD card (4GB Kingston SDC4) is not compatible?
Can anyone please help me?

Thank you

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If i remember correctly you need to hold the button of the sky3ds while putting it in for the first use.

(At least it is for my Blue Button)

You need to do this again everytime you remove the sd from the sky3ds.
And don't forget to switch games via the button while in 3ds so it saves the savegame to sd. Else you will lose yout last made progress.

shieldcy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
there are 2 orange buttons in the new sky3ds.
I tried holding both og them while putting it in.

Still doesn't work :(

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure the SD card is formatted FAT32. I think the "rainbow colors" means one of the roms could be bad (it would add .bad to the end though), or it can't read the SD card.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure the 3DS is formatted FAT32. I think the "rainbow colors" means one of the roms could be bad (it would add .bad to the end though), or it can't read the SD card.
Micro sd gets formatted to fat32, not the system. Also, this sounds like either the career in the system is broken or OP was sold a defective unit like I was.

Reactions: izy and ihaveahax

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Micro sd gets formatted to fat32, not the system. Also, this sounds like either the career in the system is broken or OP was sold a defective unit like I was.

Wat8.jpg

Tylermon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sd card must be partitioned to 32gb or less and formatted to Fat32. NOT exFat or anything else.

Put firmware on sd card. Place sd card into the sky3ds and plug in computer. I didn't notice a red light but it does do the green light for 3+ seconds. Now delete the firmware. Gamelist works the same way.

It's plug and play, don't need to hold any buttons when you plug it in.
If nothing shows up, take out and reinsert.

If still nothing, assume rom is bad. try getting to the next game. Press the next button 1-3 times. Whichever amount works.

your card is fine as indicated by lights you described. I had similar issues my first time. It's your sd card not being properly formatted.

shieldcy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
what microsd are you using?

I am using a 'SanDisk Ultra' - 16GB - Class 10.
I tried 3 different micro sd cards, the one I mentioned above, one SanDisk 8GB Class 4, and one Kingston 4GB Class 4.

What region is your console, and what region games are you trying?

My console is EU, same as the roms I downloaded

make sure the SD card is formatted FAT32. I think the "rainbow colors" means one of the roms could be bad (it would add .bad to the end though), or it can't read the SD card.

I did this process. I formatted the card to FAT32 using 'SDFormatter' tool.
I can try different roms, but I didn't see any .bad file in the end.

Sd card must be partitioned to 32gb or less and formatted to Fat32. NOT exFat or anything else.

Put firmware on sd card. Place sd card into the sky3ds and plug in computer. I didn't notice a red light but it does do the green light for 3+ seconds. Now delete the firmware. Gamelist works the same way.

It's plug and play, don't need to hold any buttons when you plug it in.
If nothing shows up, take out and reinsert.

If still nothing, assume rom is bad. try getting to the next game. Press the next button 1-3 times. Whichever amount works.

your card is fine as indicated by lights you described. I had similar issues my first time. It's your sd card not being properly formatted.

Formatted to FAT32 as you said.
I put the firmware on SD Card. The problem I guess is when I plug in the sky3ds (with the sd card inside) to the computer. It does nothing. It just shows a green light for less than a second and that's it. Nothing else.
After that I unplug it but didn't remove the firmware.bin file. Shall I remove it?

I will give it another try and hopefully I will find a solution.

Thank you all for the help

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, you can remove firmware.bin. and about the green light for less then a second, it's normal when you update firmware

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I use a 64gb SD in mine, I haven't added any partitions to halve it, and it works fine.

I will say this: my Sky3DS+ is very very picky with SD cards, and even when I format the card correctly, it just hates some cards. SanDisk it seems okay with, but some cheaper brands it won't read.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a Toshiba 4GB Class 4 microSD on my Sky3DS+ - Only use it for Cubic Ninja, as it was given to me in exchange for installing A9LH on my friend's system.

Anyways, I installed the latest firmware on mine just now, and for mine it blinked red for 5 secs then green for 5 secs as it said on the website it would when doing a firmware upgrade. I also deleted firmware.bin once it was done, and it's still working and recognized by my 3DS.

Anyways, good luck OP, hope you get it sorted out.

shieldcy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Does anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong in the following steps?
1. format sd card to FAT32 (SanDisk Ultra, 16GB, Class 10) with SDFormatter
2. download firmware from sky3ds site --- * Sky3DS+ firmware V112 [02/22/2016]
3. add the firmware.bin file in the micro sd
4. add micro sd inside sky3ds and plug it in the laptop
5. It blinks green for less than a 1 second and that's it. It doesn't recognize it. It doesn't even ready the sd card. (See screenshot: http://prntscr.com/b1aevk )
When I go to Devices and Printers, I can see it in there but it is not recognized. Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/b1aff2
6. Then I just unplug it, add the 3DS rom and put the sky3ds in the console.
7. It shows that rainbow color, then stops blinking, and nothing comes up.

That's pretty much what happens every time i try :(
Any help would be much appreciated.

yes, you can remove firmware.bin. and about the green light for less then a second, it's normal when you update firmware

I believe it wasn't updated at all though. Because it blinked green less than a second the first time I plugged sky3ds (with micro sd) to the laptop.

I use a 64gb SD in mine, I haven't added any partitions to halve it, and it works fine.

I will say this: my Sky3DS+ is very very picky with SD cards, and even when I format the card correctly, it just hates some cards. SanDisk it seems okay with, but some cheaper brands it won't read.

I want to believe that the new SanDisk I bought it will work... It is ultra micro sd, class 10. It should work. Thanks for the message

Anyways, I installed the latest firmware on mine just now, and for mine it blinked red for 5 secs then green for 5 secs as it said on the website it would when doing a firmware upgrade. I also deleted firmware.bin once it was done, and it's still working and recognized by my 3DS.

Anyways, good luck OP, hope you get it sorted out.

Thank you for your post. Enjoy the card :)
I hope so too.

Laroon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
5. It blinks green for less than a 1 second and that's it. It doesn't recognize it. It doesn't even ready the sd card. (See screenshot: http://prntscr.com/b1aevk )
When I go to Devices and Printers, I can see it in there but it is not recognized. Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/b1aff2

I believe it wasn't updated at all though. Because it blinked green less than a second the first time I plugged sky3ds (with micro sd) to the laptop.

I want to believe that the new SanDisk I bought it will work... It is ultra micro sd, class 10. It should work. Thanks for the message

I hope so too.

Got mine recently. Everything you did looks fine. Mine was the same way when updating the firmware (would flash green once) but it did it's job. I have a Sandisk Ultra 32GB card in it. The fact that you tried 4 different microSD cards and all with the same result it could be what @nero99 said and you got a defective unit, which would be very unfortunate.
I might be going out on a limb here because this is usually used for ROM problems, but you could try using Windows Format utility (or any other format manager that supports this) and make sure to set the "Allocation unit size" to "64 kb" and re-format your microSD card.

Last edited by Laroon,

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I hope so too.
I heard that windows 10 doesn't recognize sky3ds+

shieldcy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
The fact that you tried 4 different microSD cards and all with the same result it could be what @nero99 said and you got a defective unit, which would be very unfortunate.

That's what I'm thinking to be honest. I bought sky3ds from eBay so I hope I will manage to return it or get a refund... but I just want to make sure that the problem is not just the process I follow and it is the sky3ds itself.

Try using this tool instead: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
Try 32kb or 64kb cluster size.
Also, you are using .3ds roms right?

I tried the tool you posted, thank you.
But still no luck, same problem.

I proceeded with the format, 64kb cluster size etc etc.

(Yes I am using .3ds roms. But the problem is that my laptop doesn't even read sky3ds so the installation on microsd will start)

I heard that windows 10 doesn't recognize sky3ds+

That will be my only solution. I will try on a Windows 7 laptop. Other than that I am really out of options.

If anyone can suggest anything else I will appreciated it.
Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.