• Views 4,467,627
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to unlink a NNID from a 3DS? I have since deleted my e-mail address that was associated with it, forgot my password, and I cannot remove it. Any solutions?
Nintendo might be able to help you out with the password and E-mail address, so that would be the first thing to try.

Otherwise, what exactly is your goal? If you want to make a new NNID, then you have to do a System Format.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Otherwise, what exactly is your goal? If you want to make a new NNID, then you have to do a System Format.
I'm not sure about that, don't want to destroy my CFW.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that out later, thanks.
Also, make sure to dump your eShop games beforehand, if you have any. And backup your (3DS) saves with Checkpoint (as they will be wiped afterwards)..
There's also this method that doesn't require a system format, though i can't tell you how safe it is. Make a nand backup just in case if you're going to try it.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, make sure to dump your eShop games beforehand, if you have any. And backup your (3DS) saves with Checkpoint (as they will be wiped afterwards)..
There's also this method that doesn't require a system format, though i can't tell you how safe it is. Make a nand backup just in case if you're going to try it.
It actually works. Thank you so much! :bow:

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That was my question earlier: what exactly is your goal..? What do you think you are going to do now that you unlinked your NNID? I would have suggested that before, but it's fairly pointless.
I don't even use a NNID for anything on my 3DS since you can mostly do anything on CFW.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, if you weren't using an NNID for anything, what difference does it make now that you think you've unlinked it?
The simple answer you're mostly thinking of from me is: absolutely nothing. In my opinion, there's not really a whole lot with using one anyways, as like I said, you can get games for your 3DS for free with CFW. And the fact that the eShop is shutting down in 4 months, as well as maybe soon or later in life many other online services for the 3DS will shut down too (oh wait, they already did).

Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The simple answer you're mostly thinking from me is: absolutely nothing. In my opinion, there's not really a whole lot with using one anyways, as like I said, you can get games for your 3DS for free with CFW. And the fact that the eShop is shutting down in 4 months, as well as maybe soon or later in life many other online services for the 3DS will shut down too (oh wait, they already did).

Probably no use of a NNID with the closure of the eshop, I mean only reason to have one was to buy stuffs, with the closure next March, you have no use of a NNID, also since you can't add fund anymore.

Reactions: SylverReZ

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh... kay, so this is a not so noob, noob question. (Yeah I know it's confusing but please hear me out.)

I have N3DS XL that I got fresh from a few years back and still using it so I already know how to follow the 3ds.hacks.guide.

Here's the thing:

I bought a USED N3DS XL as second one, I intend to have it for my kid and it already has a CFW and stuff. All I wanted to do is to wipe them out clean and do another round of fresh CFW. After the required reading, I discovered that this one already has Luma 10 (version 1 short to the latest) so I didn't need to do much, well CFW-wise. But the console has a lot of games, probably tied Nintendo ID Miis and stuff. I just don't want to remove them one by one by one.

Hence, back to the question, Can I just simply wipe it using the system settings erase the whole thing and start over?

I've already had this on Luma Latest.

Thank You!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... kay, so this is a not so noob, noob question. (Yeah I know it's confusing but please hear me out.)

I have N3DS XL that I got fresh from a few years back and still using it so I already know how to follow the 3ds.hacks.guide.

Here's the thing:

I bought a USED N3DS XL as second one, I intend to have it for my kid and it already has a CFW and stuff. All I wanted to do is to wipe them out clean and do another round of fresh CFW. After the required reading, I discovered that this one already has Luma 10 (version 1 short to the latest) so I didn't need to do much, well CFW-wise. But the console has a lot of games, probably tied Nintendo ID Miis and stuff. I just don't want to remove them one by one by one.

Hence, back to the question, Can I just simply wipe it using the system settings erase the whole thing and start over?

Thank You!

You can do a ctrtransfer to start fresh. Make a nand backup of current nand before proceeding. After Ctrtransfer, you need to delete the Nintendo 3DS folder and start fresh.

Alternatively you can do the system wipe method. Keep in mind the NNID would still be linked to this system. Also you would lose out on the purchased content.

Last edited by Hayato213,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Here's the thing:

Thank You!
You could use the system format and then the restoring cfw on the guide. Just remember. Unless you backup those games and savefiles. You WILL lose them.

Reactions: MrLeche

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude