• Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

FallenApex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I added that stuff to the Luma folder and the Luma menu doesn't give me any new options to put an icon on the 3DS "home" area

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I figured it out; sorry though. New issue. freeshop is failing to install. I have the title ID if that helps?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just like the guide.
When you say you press START and it just goes to GM9, what exactly do you mean? After the Luma3DS config menu? Or just when booting your 3DS? If you don't press anything, what happens? Do you have a file in your sd:/luma/payloads/ the begins with "start"? What point in the guide are you? etc, etc,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is it really safe to flash nand with it?
Hmmm other question, is it safe too system format on CFW?
Well yes. If your backup file is corrupted it should detect that and not try to restore it

Ok, so I added that stuff to the Luma folder and the Luma menu doesn't give me any new options to put an icon on the 3DS "home" area

I figured it out; sorry though. New issue. freeshop is failing to install. I have the title ID if that helps?
Follow the steps in the OP of this thread to install freeShop.

Reactions: DarkKaizer

beetroot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am a bit uncertain about putting on ntrboot on a 2dsXL. Is there any way to get in touch with someone in the Netherlands that can help with this? Can contact me via dm.

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello,
i'd like to create an emunand and region change it to us, so i can have both eu and us regions on my 3ds.
however all the tutorials on the internet seem outdated as they require a gateway card and were uploaded many years ago.
can anyone tell me how to create one, or link me an updated tutorial ?

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this is the right sub, but I've finished installing the homebrew (r4i B9S). But were do I go from here when I want to download games? I've found a few sites that has 3DS roms, but I'm not sure if they are reliable, some of the roms seems to contain malware.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm not sure if this is the right sub, but I've finished installing the homebrew (r4i B9S). But were do I go from here when I want to download games? I've found a few sites that has 3DS roms, but I'm not sure if they are reliable, some of the roms seems to contain malware.
Install freeshop following the instructions in the first post of this thread

Reactions: RookieKid

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you installed CFW with ntrboot or you just put the kernel on your flashcard ?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
freeShop would be the easiest way for you to get games. Be careful when downloading warez from random websites. Console-bricking malware is something that *has* existed in the past. Also, keep in mind you'd be looking for CIA files, and not 3DS.

Reactions: RookieKid

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hello,
i'd like to create an emunand and region change it to us, so i can have both eu and us regions on my 3ds.
however all the tutorials on the internet seem outdated as they require a gateway card and were uploaded many years ago.
If you have B9S you can follow https://3ds.guide/region-changing

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hello,
If you have B9S you can follow https://3ds.guide/region-changing
Before doing that backup your sd card to PC, format it for emunand using GodMode9 and do the CTRTransfer to the emunand instead of sysnand when following the guide

Megamoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New member here with a noob question - I recently updated from an old 3ds to a new 3ds with 11.6. I was able to install CFW on both. On the old one, I had a bunch of cias that installed with no issues.

Here's where I got dumb - I took the 32gb SD card out of the old 3ds to use in the new one after getting CFW squared away. I thought I could just delete the 3ds folder on it and reinstall all the cias - not so. When using godmode9 or FBI, it fails to give me the option to reinstall the cias, they just see them as normal files. Some of them install, some do not. They were all working on the old one.

What did I do wrong? Do I need to delete something to make the new 3ds see these cias as installable?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
New member here with a noob question - I recently updated from an old 3ds to a new 3ds with 11.6. I was able to install CFW on both. On the old one, I had a bunch of cias that installed with no issues.

Here's where I got dumb - I took the 32gb SD card out of the old 3ds to use in the new one after getting CFW squared away. I thought I could just delete the 3ds folder on it and reinstall all the cias - not so. When using godmode9 or FBI, it fails to give me the option to reinstall the cias, they just see them as normal files. Some of them install, some do not. They were all working on the old one.

What did I do wrong? Do I need to delete something to make the new 3ds see these cias as installable?
If you still have the old Nintendo 3DS folder, put it back on your old console and do a system transfer. Afterwards, run tikShop. All your games should come back (at least the ones available on the titlekeys database site).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think I get it, I do have the old backup. I have to wait 5 more days before I can do another system transfer.
Oh ok, that wouldn't be the quickest option then, maybe check your SD card with H2testw https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows) if no errors then format it as FAT32 and make sure you have file extensions enabled to be sure they aren't .cia.zip or something. That's all I can think of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp