• Views 4,447,583
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

snake73

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Maybe someone here can help me with a flashcard question... I recently found a R4i B9S flashcard. The reviews of the products claims they have been able to install Ntrboot, but the problem is that the flashcard dont seem like to have a sticker on it's back? Some R4i sites claims it should be a sticker which claims if the product is real or fake. What do you guys say to this?

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe someone here can help me with a flashcard question... I recently found a R4i B9S flashcard. The reviews of the products claims they have been able to install Ntrboot, but the problem is that the flashcard dont seem like to have a sticker on it's back? Some R4i sites claims it should be a sticker which claims if the product is real or fake. What do you guys say to this?
just buy a regular r4 almost all of them work now, this is super sketchy

Reactions: snake73

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, been a away from the scene and just got back. My n3dsxl cfw b9s seems running kinda slow and I want to perform system format. Is it ok to system format? And please suggest any must have homebrew apps. Thanks.
Update to newest B9S, then format. It's safe. Must-have homebrew apps are: 1. HBL Loader, 2. FBI, 3. Save Data management tool (I recomment JKSM).

Reactions: takasu27

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint has a nicer UI than JKSM
I know, but I prefer JKSM. It's simpler for me, and I used it from the beginning. Also, when I tried Checkpoint, I had issues with it not correctly detecting games, and couldn't find the 'Refresh' option, so I decided to keep using JKSM.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, but I prefer JKSM. It's simpler for me, and I used it from the beginning. Also, when I tried Checkpoint, I had issues with it not correctly detecting games, and couldn't find the 'Refresh' option, so I decided to keep using JKSM.
Checkpoint auto-refreshes on every launch, and only shows games that actually have savedata/extdata. the latest release caches the list, and auto-refreshes if a change in the title list happens. there isn't a need for manual refreshing.

Scribls

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got back to my CFW 3DS and wanted to do a little streaming on Pokemon Moon today but found that I couldn't get it to work any longer. Didn't work on Ultra Moon either.

The standard connect, memory patch, launch got me to into the game but it would always freeze immediately after loading a save. Game would still be running but I would lose connection with the error. I have gotten this to work previously and only a couple things changed:
  • Installed a better router to improve performance (bridged modem, QoS options for 3DS)
  • NTR upgraded to 3.6 (still have options for 3.2 and 3.3)

MK2Ultra

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone! I've managed to install a CFW on a New 2ds XL with the DSiWare method (by following the 3ds.guide site), and that required a system transfer (I used my friend's Old 2ds). All went well.
But I have a very particular problem: I can't play online against my friend, but only in certain games!
  • I tested Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Ultra Moon and I can't see him on PSS/Festival Plaza.
  • I can see and play with him with other games (tested: Zelda Triforce Heroes and Super Smash Bros.)
  • I can see him online on the friend list from the main menu of 3ds
I've already changed the friend code on both consoles, but that didn't solve the problem in Pokemon games.
What's the cause of that?
Is there any solution?

redgem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I gather this has been posted many times. Though trying to search on it is hard as it has 3DS in the title.

There is TWLoader to load DS games. What is used to run 3DS games?? Searching on the internet keeps pointing to gateway. Is this the only way?

I was able to use 3DS custom firmware on my 3DS with the 3ds.guide and some help from TurdPooCharger on this forum.

Are there other guides for loading 3DS Roms on my 3DS?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I gather this has been posted many times. Though trying to search on it is hard as it has 3DS in the title.

There is TWLoader to load DS games. What is used to run 3DS games?? Searching on the internet keeps pointing to gateway. Is this the only way?

I was able to use 3DS custom firmware on my 3DS with the 3ds.guide and some help from TurdPooCharger on this forum.

Are there other guides for loading 3DS Roms on my 3DS?
Easiest way is to use the freeshop guide in the first post of this thread

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest way is to use the freeshop guide in the first post of this thread
I think he means a way to load .3ds files. Since there is a title limit (you can only have up to 300 titles), if some person with a huge SD card wanted to have >300 titles, they'd have to resort to some other method. This would be useful, as it would allow you to swap out games easily, without having to wait the time to install them. Also, Sky3DS can do it as well, but it is another flashcart, and costs $70. However, Sky3DS is a 'true' 3DS flashcart, as Gateway (I believe) requires you to enter "Gateway Mode" (basically an onboard CFW) to actually launch the titles. Not only has Gateway been known to brick people for using 3rd party stuff with a 1st party Gateway cart, entering Gateway Mode on 11.3+ will cause a brick (according to Quantumcat). So, if you're desperate for a .3DS loader, and there are no homebrew apps that do this, then you should probably buy a Sky3DS.

redgem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think he means a way to load .3ds files. Since there is a title limit (you can only have up to 300 titles), if some person with a huge SD card wanted to have >300 titles, they'd have to resort to some other method. This would be useful, as it would allow you to swap out games easily, without having to wait the time to install them. Also, Sky3DS can do it as well, but it is another flashcart, and costs $70. However, Sky3DS is a 'true' 3DS flashcart, as Gateway (I believe) requires you to enter "Gateway Mode" (basically an onboard CFW) to actually launch the titles. Not only has Gateway been known to brick people for using 3rd party stuff with a 1st party Gateway cart, entering Gateway Mode on 11.3+ will cause a brick (according to Quantumcat). So, if you're desperate for a .3DS loader, and there are no homebrew apps that do this, then you should probably buy a Sky3DS.

yeah I did, but freeshop seems to do the trick.... pitty I can't just dump one of my own ripped 3DS game to the same folder as freeshop. Guess it doesn't work that way. I just re downloaded it via the shop. Saves me swapping out the games all the time.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yeah I did, but freeshop seems to do the trick.... pitty I can't just dump one of my own ripped 3DS game to the same folder as freeshop. Guess it doesn't work that way. I just re downloaded it via the shop. Saves me swapping out the games all the time.
You can, dump the cartridge to a cia file and install with FBI. https://3ds.guide/godmode9-usage

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello everyone! I've managed to install a CFW on a New 2ds XL with the DSiWare method (by following the 3ds.guide site), and that required a system transfer (I used my friend's Old 2ds). All went well.
But I have a very particular problem: I can't play online against my friend, but only in certain games!
  • I tested Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Ultra Moon and I can't see him on PSS/Festival Plaza.
  • I can see and play with him with other games (tested: Zelda Triforce Heroes and Super Smash Bros.)
  • I can see him online on the friend list from the main menu of 3ds
I've already changed the friend code on both consoles, but that didn't solve the problem in Pokemon games.
What's the cause of that?
Is there any solution?
Have you tried formatting one of the consoles?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

entering Gateway Mode on 11.3+ will cause a brick (according to Quantumcat)
Actually, I tried it myself (uploaded a video to the forums to prove it to any lingering doubters) and it doesn't brick - as long as you update in Luma and don't update in Gateway mode (that will definitely brick). Simply booting 11.3+ won't brick, only actually updating does.

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?