• Views 4,458,563
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still would rather prefer to keep my 3ds in stock, is there any cfw that can work with stock or is that my only option.
more custom firmwares are moving to boot9strap-only. you'll have to move on eventually. cakes and corbenik are discontinued, the new reinand fork is b9s only, and so is luma.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I still would rather prefer to keep my 3ds in stock, is there any cfw that can work with stock or is that my only option.
There's really nothing to lose except the 10-30 minutes of time it takes, because your 3ds is probably out of warranty already. Just do it.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's really nothing to lose except the 10-30 minutes of time it takes, because your 3ds is probably out of warranty already. Just do it.
I just did it, I just didn't want any accidental bricking since what I heard about al9, that and I really was to lazy to waste minutes if my time reading and downloading.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did it, I just didn't want any accidental bricking since what I heard about al9, that and I really was to lazy to waste minutes if my time reading and downloading.
boot9strap is basically installing a FIRM. it's as dangerous as a Nintendo update on stock, which usually updates NATIVE_FIRM (i.e. not dangerous).

way faster, safer, and easier to set up. plus some extras like dumping bootroms and your console otp at any time.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
After not touching my 3DS for ages I felt like playing some recent games and make the move from A9LH to B9S. I'm at the step where you delete payloads from luma/payloads and I accidently deleted the hourglass9.bin and one other bin who's name I can't remember because my sleep deprived brain is apparently retarded and doesn't pay attention. Do I need them or will they be provided again with the other files in the 3DS guide?

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After not touching my 3DS for ages I felt like playing some recent games and make the move from A9LH to B9S. I'm at the step where you delete payloads from luma/payloads and I accidently deleted the hourglass9.bin and one other bin who's name I can't remember because my sleep deprived brain is apparently retarded and doesn't pay attention. Do I need them or will they be provided again with the other files in the 3DS guide?
Everything you need will be provided at the end. B9S doesn't use .bin files so those aren't needed anyway. The guide will have you download .firm payloads for them. Also the only one necessary is Godmode9 as all the others are no longer being developed; not even Decrypt9.

Reactions: LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
Everything you need will be provided at the end. B9S doesn't use .bin files so those aren't needed anyway. The guide will have you download .firm payloads for them. Also the only one necessary is Godmode9 as all the others are no longer being developed; not even Decrypt9.
Cheers mate. That's what I thought but I rather double check before I turn my N3DS in a burning brick.

Reactions: Majickhat55

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
Finished all the steps up to moving the backup <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin to my PC and deleting it from the folder however after unmounting the SD card and removing it the N3DS seems to be frozen in GodMode9 not accepting any buttons even when I reinsert the sd card. Can I just force power it off?

Last edited by LysergCooltyp,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Finished all the steps up to moving the backup <date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_###.bin to my PC and deleting it from the folder however after unmounting the SD card and removing it the N3DS seems to be frozen in GodMode9 not accepting any buttons even when I reinsert the sd card. Can I just force power it off?
Yes. Boot to GodMode9 again and continue from there.

Reactions: LysergCooltyp

LysergCooltyp

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Boot to GodMode9 again and continue from there.
Thanks! I don't want to lose my installed cias, so I'm skipping the cleanup and will just remove the /boot9strap/ folder manually later which should finish the move from AL9H to B9S since it's turning on normallly now.

BhenBen_85

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi guys just wanna ask about freeshop, if I entered the Legit eShop will the games downloaded from FreEShop will be deleted? because I installed Dragon Quest VIII on FreEshop but when I entered the Legit EShop I counld't find anymore DQVIII after exiting from EShop, I dont know if I forgot that I didnt install it or the system deleted the games.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thanks! I don't want to lose my installed cias, so I'm skipping the cleanup and will just remove the /boot9strap/ folder manually later which should finish the move from AL9H to B9S since it's turning on normallly now.
The sd card cleanup script doesn't remove any installed cias.

Last edited by Uumas,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi guys just wanna ask about freeshop, if I entered the Legit eShop will the games downloaded from FreEShop will be deleted? because I installed Dragon Quest VIII on FreEshop but when I entered the Legit EShop I counld't find anymore DQVIII after exiting from EShop, I dont know if I forgot that I didnt install it or the system deleted the games.
No. They should never be deleted automatically

Reactions: BhenBen_85

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...