• Replies 53,773
  • Likes 43

hugofthunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If your 3DS is running CFW such as Luma3DS, then yes. Otherwise it depends on which flashcart and which system version your 3DS is running. Either way, please remember the DS flashcart is for DS games.
It is for DS only. Question though, that flashcart boots upon startup, would that affect how it works on the 3DS or would it appear as an app?

Haze898

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm thinking of getting the R4i Gold RTS 3DS cart for some DS stuff, does it not being "deluxe" matter? Using a normal unmodded 2DS XL.

My main question is that after you get the card set up, do you need to look for flash card updates before you update your 3DS firmware going forward or is everything literally done after setup? I couldn't find any info on it after searching. You never need to put a new firmware on the flashcard? Just update your as normal?

Also, is nds-card(dot)com a good place to go through as a US resident?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited by Haze898,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I'm thinking of getting the R4i Gold RTS 3DS cart for some DS stuff, does it not being "deluxe" matter? Using a normal unmodded 2DS XL.

My main question is that after you get the card set up, do you need to look for flash card updates before you update your 3DS firmware going forward or is everything literally done after setup? I couldn't find any info on it after searching. You never need to put a new firmware on the flashcard? Just update your as normal?

Also, is nds-card(dot)com a good place to go through as a US resident?

Thanks a lot in advance.
The deluxe doesn't matter
It should work forever once setup
That site is recommended

Reactions: Haze898

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a Luma folder on the SD, does that mean it's Luma? My cart is an Edge.

Seems like they don't work. :(
Probably. Are you running B9S or A9LH? That would also determine the max version of Luma you are using.

If it doesn't work, try the TWL Loader homebrew (just search here for it). It may work with that. I have no idea.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks! I know it must seem like a silly question lol.

Are there any legit US sites you know of? I've read nds-card can be slow sometimes.
Doubtful. And if there are, their prices would be absurd. It took a few weeks to receive my carts from nds-card.

Phoenix333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have an r4i-sdhc 1.4.2 from r4i-sdhc.com. I've put the latest firmware files on it, I havent actually updated it from the game menu, but the menu displays v1.84b. I have 2 dsi xls, 1 on 1.4.1, 1 on 1.4.4, and a 3ds on 11.6 with Luma 8.1.1 and b9s 1.3. I can launch the cart on the 1.4.1 dsi, but since the touch screen is broken, I can't upgrade it.

The icon appears on both of my dsis (ALEX RIDER STORMBREAKER THQ), but on my 3ds the cartridge slot appears blank, and when I try to dump the nds file from it with gm9, the path is empty and gm9 says it's 0 bytes.

I've tried twl slot 1 launcher, but it gives me the "An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Operations Manual for details" error, TWLoader gives me a white screen, but thats because it only supports non 1.4.x cards, NTR Launcher also gives me a white screen.

I've tried formatting the microsd card but that doesnt help. I read somewhere that 11.4 broke twl slot 1 launcher so that might be why nothings working.

My questions are:

1. Is there some way I can launch the flashcart or upgrade it as I am, or will I have to downgrade and use twl slot 1 launcher?

2. If I do have to downgrade, do I do that using ctrtransfers, or is that something else?

jacknapier4502

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so the results are as follows:

You could attempt to hold "select" and then press power to see if Luma loads after putting either "arm9loaderhax.bin" or "boot.firm" on the SD or something. I'm just guessing you might have a frakenfirm from a cart update, or from an outdated hacking method like menuhacks or something - I put arm9loaderhax.bin and boot.firm and held select when I tried booting my 3DS and the 3DS powered up as normal. No indiciation of luma.

Have you tried the other release suggested by the guide here https://github.com/TiniVi/safehax/releases/tag/r19 - also tried this but no change in results after I tried udsploit followed by safehax several times . udsploit loaded fine each time but still got the "unsupported firmware" screen on safehax.

I'd also double check your firmware in system settings. udsploit/safehax only work up to 11.3.... You may have updated your console without realizing it - checked my firmware regularly on my settings and still read as 11.0.0-33U.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
How do I obtain a single decrypted title key for a game? I've uploaded my decTitleKeys.bin file three times, and the games I dumped still aren't showing up, more than a week later. I wanna see if I can manually add them using the form on the top of the titlekeys site page, the one that asks for decrypted title key and title ID.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I obtain a single decrypted title key for a game? I've uploaded my decTitleKeys.bin file three times, and the games I dumped still aren't showing up, more than a week later. I wanna see if I can manually add them using the form on the top of the titlekeys site page, the one that asks for decrypted title key and title ID.
Did you actually buy the games that you are trying to upload? The title keys site only works with legit, bought from the eShop, no CIA installed title keys.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol