• Replies 53,785
  • Likes 43

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a site that shows the best stats for a given pokemon? I want to make my RNG encounters more usefull then just finding a shiny.
That's a bit subjective. You can check sites like Pokemondb.net which will give you all their base stats and movelist. From that you can compare the natures to find one that would benefit the type of build akin to the base stats. After that you can decide yourself if you're building a special sweeper, staller, wall, etc.
Umbreon for example; his highest stat is in Special defense, and his lowest stat is in attack/speed. So it probably wouldn't do much good to add to those.
A calm nature would raise special defense and lower attack (which is already crap).

So during RNG you could just look for an Eevee with a calm nature and the highest IVs in Sp. Defense, HP, and Defense. Then when evolved to Umbreon he will already be "pre-set" for a sp. defense wall, or a cleric passer.

Otherwise you can just check things like Smogon or Reddit for "best" build scenarios and use your own judgement based on that. Some pokemon are good at more than one role, so they can have alternate builds; others are kind of set in stone.

Sai3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Youre right I guess. I meant 3DS piracy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dw I was scared too, initially. In reality the steps are quite easy, just follow them carefully and you'll be fine. I installed luma on my N3DS w/ 11.33E through soundhax and the end result was worth it and the accomplishment was a great feeling. What fw are you on and which method will you use? I recommend sticking to 11.3x
i've done it..running CFW now..just follow everything 100%..even the update..oh well..its okay..now i need to understand what cia is and what other apps i can install..

raniel111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Good day sir ! my friend gave me a o3dsxl running luma v6.3.1 and sys 11.2.0-35u , is it safe to update to the latest system update? any tutorial ?, im really noob in 3ds xD

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

zKin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

So, to be clear, right now I have an o3DS in 11.3.0-36E with A9LH V1 + Luma3DS v6.6.
As you can see, nothing is up to date.

Some people told me to follow this guide to update : https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
And they're probably right, considering I want to play some new games, or just access some online things (or even check if i'm banned)

BUT, I also plan to buy a New 3DS in early 2018, considering doing a hardware update too.
So I checked how hax are available on N3DS, and newest firmwares, since i'll buy it "brand new";
I saw it recquires a source 3DS modified, nice I have one. A system transfer will be recquired. Okay, I have no problem with that at first, but I have some questions :

- If I update my o3DS following the guide, I want to be sure I won't lose that opportunity to use it as a source system. (I imagine like, maybe Nintendo closed one thing on the latest firmware doing it impossible)

- About that system transfer, since it won't be a "normal transfer" as I guess since it'll bring hax with, how will react my data ? Like, bought games, savefiles of bought games, homebrew games and pirated games, savefiles of them, activity log, miis.... ? I want to bring EVERYTHING, get the N3DS like my o3DS is, if possible :)

- If my o3DS is banned, will I be able to grab the "friend seed" or something like that of the N3DS to unban myself and not carry the ban with the system transfer ?

- My o3DS will lose hax doing this ?

- Is there any info I should be aware of ?

FYI : I never did a system transfer yet. I only have my o3DS bought at launch.

Thank you !

Sai3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ok guys..so..yesterday i bought new3dsxl..then at night i hacked it..today..im playing xenoblade chro. 3d...sorry, why did i hack my 3ds again?
i totally have no idea where to start after hacking..pretty much all i found searching for answers
anyone can help me..

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi !

So, to be clear, right now I have an o3DS in 11.3.0-36E with A9LH V1 + Luma3DS v6.6.
As you can see, nothing is up to date.

Some people told me to follow this guide to update : https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
And they're probably right, considering I want to play some new games, or just access some online things (or even check if i'm banned)

BUT, I also plan to buy a New 3DS in early 2018, considering doing a hardware update too.
So I checked how hax are available on N3DS, and newest firmwares, since i'll buy it "brand new";
I saw it recquires a source 3DS modified, nice I have one. A system transfer will be recquired. Okay, I have no problem with that at first, but I have some questions :

- If I update my o3DS following the guide, I want to be sure I won't lose that opportunity to use it as a source system. (I imagine like, maybe Nintendo closed one thing on the latest firmware doing it impossible)

- About that system transfer, since it won't be a "normal transfer" as I guess since it'll bring hax with, how will react my data ? Like, bought games, savefiles of bought games, homebrew games and pirated games, savefiles of them, activity log, miis.... ? I want to bring EVERYTHING, get the N3DS like my o3DS is, if possible :)

- If my o3DS is banned, will I be able to grab the "friend seed" or something like that of the N3DS to unban myself and not carry the ban with the system transfer ?

- My o3DS will lose hax doing this ?

- Is there any info I should be aware of ?

FYI : I never did a system transfer yet. I only have my o3DS bought at launch.

Thank you !
To do a system transfer you'll have to be up to date on firmware and it is a good idea to have up to date Luma before updating firmware so do follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s as you've been told.
Backup your tickets before the transfer, then you can install on the N2DSXL after it has CFW and all your games will appear again. To be extra sure, backup your save games with JKSM before the transfer.
Friend seeds stay with with console, they're not transferred.
No.
Read the guide thoroughly before beginning.

ok guys..so..yesterday i bought new3dsxl..then at night i hacked it..today..im playing xenoblade chro. 3d...sorry, why did i hack my 3ds again?
i totally have no idea where to start after hacking..pretty much all i found searching for answers
anyone can help me..
What's your question exactly?

zKin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To do a system transfer you'll have to be up to date on firmware and it is a good idea to have up to date Luma before updating firmware so do follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s as you've been told.
Backup your tickets before the transfer, then you can install on the N2DSXL after it has CFW and all your games will appear again. To be extra sure, backup your save games with JKSM before the transfer.
Friend seeds stay with with console, they're not transferred.
No.
Read the guide thoroughly before beginning.

Thank you ! It helps me a lot.
So I updated my o3DS following the guide, and i'm not banned i guess (no message while accessing friend list) :wub:

About the "Friend seeds stay with with console, they're not transferred.", it means if someone is online banned for whatever reason, if he buy another 3DS, do a system transfer, he'll be "unbanned" automatically, even if the data is on the new system ? :o

WhaleTheDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Is it possible to UNDUB a DLC using only HANS, like i own FE echoes and DLC season pass i can undub the game no problem with HANS but the DLC is still english is there any turn around for this.

Please no CIA method because i only use HBL.

Last edited by WhaleTheDragon,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone can help me..
So why did you hack it in the first place? Most people have a goal in mind that leads them to wanting CFW. Just explore around 3D Brew or something

jman1115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use homebrew using the steelhax (steeldiver sub wars) so I can run SNES and NES emulators on my 3DS, can I still download from the eshop and play games online?

And I guess I should also ask, is it easy to install the emulators? Do they work well?

Double also, I assume I can use the latest version of steel diver sub wars for steelhax?

FYI I am on the latest firmware, 11.6.0-39. I may end up doing the flash cart install, but it looks like steel divers sub wars is free?

Last edited by jman1115,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If I use homebrew using the steelhax (steeldiver sub wars) so I can run SNES and NES emulators on my 3DS, can I still download from the eshop and play games online?

And I guess I should also ask, is it easy to install the emulators? Do they work well?

Double also, I assume I can use the latest version of steel diver sub wars for steelhax?

FYI I am on the latest firmware, 11.6.0-39. I may end up doing the flash cart install, but it looks like steel divers sub wars is free?
If you don't already have steelhax or some other way of running the homebrew launcher you can't use steelhax, as it is a secondary entrypoint.
It isn't too hard. You'll have to read around a bit.
Not sure.
It's free but you can't use it for homebrew unless you have another way to get into homebrew as well.

Thank you ! It helps me a lot.
So I updated my o3DS following the guide, and i'm not banned i guess (no message while accessing friend list) :wub:

About the "Friend seeds stay with with console, they're not transferred.", it means if someone is online banned for whatever reason, if he buy another 3DS, do a system transfer, he'll be "unbanned" automatically, even if the data is on the new system ? :o
If it is a ban on the friend seed and not the NNID, yes.

jman1115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't already have steelhax or some other way of running the homebrew launcher you can't use steelhax, as it is a secondary entrypoint.
It isn't too hard. You'll have to read around a bit.
Not sure.
It's free but you can't use it for homebrew unless you have another way to get into homebrew as well.

If it is a ban on the friend seed and not the NNID, yes.
Sounds like I need to use the flash cart. How do you go about getting an emulator with Homebrew and will I be able to access the eShop and online gaming if I do this?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sounds like I need to use the flash cart. How do you go about getting an emulator with Homebrew and will I be able to access the eShop and online gaming if I do this?
You'll be able to do everything you can do with a stock 3DS plus run homebrew and pirated 3DS games with ease.

Reactions: jman1115

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1