• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. What about CFW? Can I use CFW on my SD card and also have a R4 with a micro SD on it?
i am slightly confused by your question so i will answer both of the questions i think you mean
1. you can use cfw side by side with an r4
2. you can not use the r4 from the gameslot as a second sd card (no "sd2vita" stuff here in 3ds-land)

conteazan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i am slightly confused by your question so i will answer both of the questions i think you mean
1. you can use cfw side by side with an r4
2. you can not use the r4 from the gameslot as a second sd card (no "sd2vita" stuff here in 3ds-land)
So I am basically saying, using a sd card to install CFW and then using a R4/DSTT along with a microsd for other stuff. 2 different things, right?
Also, do I need a nintendo account to use freeshop?
Is DSST ok as a flashcard?

Last edited by conteazan,

LaCasaBabylon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies in advance for any ridiculous questions, or if I'm posting this in the wrong place - complete n00b here!

I have recently bought an old-style 2DS and an R4i Gold RTS 3DS flashcard. I've been following a guide I found on the 'net, which suggested I "flash ntrboot", which I did successfully. The next step was to install "boot9strap", during which I was instructed to enable the sleep switch and hold power+start+select+X until it booted "SafeB9SInstaller".

When I held power+start+select+X, nothing happened. I tried it a whole bunch of times and nothing happened, so I then disabled the sleep switch, only to find that the card is no longer detected by the 2DS. I've tried the "paper trick", tried cleaning the contacts, but the 2DS just refuses to detect the card at all.

Have I bricked the card? If so, is there any way to recover it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Apologies in advance for any ridiculous questions, or if I'm posting this in the wrong place - complete n00b here!

I have recently bought an old-style 2DS and an R4i Gold RTS 3DS flashcard. I've been following a guide I found on the 'net, which suggested I "flash ntrboot", which I did successfully. The next step was to install "boot9strap", during which I was instructed to enable the sleep switch and hold power+start+select+X until it booted "SafeB9SInstaller".

When I held power+start+select+X, nothing happened. I tried it a whole bunch of times and nothing happened, so I then disabled the sleep switch, only to find that the card is no longer detected by the 2DS. I've tried the "paper trick", tried cleaning the contacts, but the 2DS just refuses to detect the card at all.

Have I bricked the card? If so, is there any way to recover it? Any help would be very much appreciated.
It's not supposed to detect the card when it's flashed with ntrboothax. I hope you're following 3ds.guide. Make sure you have copied the files in this page: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot) to your 3ds' sd card, not the one inside the r4

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I'm not a noob anymore, but this is still a great place to have questions answered.
I know that all core console data is encrypted with a system-unique keyslot. Is it possible to dump that keyslot, and decrypt a NAND backup? Then, could you flash that decrypted NAND backup onto a different console?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am basically saying, using a sd card to install CFW and then using a R4/DSTT along with a microsd for other stuff. 2 different things, right?
Also, do I need a nintendo account to use freeshop?
Is DSST ok as a flashcard?
1. as long as you have an sd card for each your all good
2. lol no
3. if all you want is nds roms then dstt is fine . . . most recommend r4i (because you can use it to install cfw [single system method]). . . personally i recommend scds2 (or a ak2i)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now, I'm not a noob anymore, but this is still a great place to have questions answered.
I know that all core console data is encrypted with a system-unique keyslot. Is it possible to dump that keyslot, and decrypt a NAND backup? Then, could you flash that decrypted NAND backup onto a different console?
no (sorry so blunt but no)

LaCasaBabylon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not supposed to detect the card when it's flashed with ntrboothax. I hope you're following 3ds.guide. Make sure you have copied the files in this page: to your 3ds' sd card, not the one inside the r4

I'm an idiot, I had the files copied to the R4 SD card!? Many thanks for pointing that out for me.

I don't suppose you could point me to a working link for the "R4i Gold 3DS (HW_A7) Flashrom" (listed under Section V of that guide) please? The link there isn't working.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm an idiot, I had the files copied to the R4 SD card!? Many thanks for pointing that out for me.

I don't suppose you could point me to a working link for the "R4i Gold 3DS (HW_A7) Flashrom" (listed under Section V of that guide) please? The link there isn't working.
You need to have a torrent program like Deluge installed: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Download

Reactions: LaCasaBabylon

conteazan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
1. as long as you have an sd card for each your all good
2. lol no
3. if all you want is nds roms then dstt is fine . . . most recommend r4i (because you can use it to install cfw [single system method]). . . personally i recommend scds2 (or a ak2i)
Oh, I thought I could install the CFW with the SD and then just use the R4/DSTT with a micro sd with roms? Dont I need the same CFW for both?

Ahmiyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So just to make sure, if I buy a New 2DS with system version 11.6.0-39U, I can play emulators and backups on it? Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought I could install the CFW with the SD and then just use the R4/DSTT with a micro sd with roms? Dont I need the same CFW for both?
i just meant they each need a sd card (micro or otherwise) and the dstt will have its own firmware that must be in the sd inside the dstt and the 3ds will need its sd card present as well

jman1115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me out. I am on Firmware 11.4. All the videos I see say I need Cubic Ninja to get hombrew. However Smealum's github site seems to imply a variety of options are possible.

What is the easiest way to get homebrew for me at this point? I know the Sounds method no longer works.

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I managed to add CFW to my O2DS Now I want to add it to my 20th Anniv Pokemon 3ds but its on 11.6 Ive looked at the guide and just wondering the best and easiest method. Will I be able to do the transfer version with my O2DS to my 3DS or should I buy a flash cart and go that route or the easiest route and find someone to do it for me. Id like to learn to do it myself so I can help out friends and family.

Is downgrading firmware an option?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks. Why would I need a flash cart though? Can't I put stuff on an SD?
You can't install CFW just from files on your SD on 11.6, you'd have to be on 11.3 or less for that. Using the flashcart is a exploit to get the programs running. See https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

Can anyone help me out. I am on Firmware 11.4. All the videos I see say I need Cubic Ninja to get hombrew. However Smealum's github site seems to imply a variety of options are possible.

What is the easiest way to get homebrew for me at this point? I know the Sounds method no longer works.
Easiest way is to get a flashcart compatible with ntrboot (around $20) and install CFW. You can get plain homebrew with other ways but you won't be able to do anything interesting and it would cost more.

jman1115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't install CFW just from files on your SD on 11.6, you'd have to be on 11.3 or less for that. Using the flashcart is a exploit to get the programs running. See

Easiest way is to get a flashcart compatible with ntrboot (around $20) and install CFW. You can get plain homebrew with other ways but you won't be able to do anything interesting and it would cost more.

1) Where do I get this flashcart? Amazon I assume?

2) I am just looking to get an SNES and NES emulator on my 3DS. Is homebrew the best way to do that or should I look into CFW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!