• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

melske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm trying to use the NTRboot. I'm at the step: finalizing setup; section 3 - launching FBI; step 4. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.” When I do this i get: 'Operation failed (no suitable process found). I made sure I did every step correct. I just bought a new R4i 3DS gold. Could somebody please help me?:)

Last edited by melske,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to use the NTRboot. I'm at the step: finalizing setup; section 3 - launching FBI; step 4. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.” When I do this i get: 'Operation failed (no suitable process found). I made sure I did every step correct. I just bought a new R4i 3DS gold. Could somebody please help me?:)
You need to actually be in Download Play, not on the home menu.

Reactions: melske

melske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ahh oke, thank you! One more question:
Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
  1. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot

I don't understand this step. I'm guessing during the NTRboot, but I don't really understand what app I need to open?

Last edited by melske,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ahh oke, thank you! One more question:
Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
  1. Launch GodMode9 by holding (Start) during boot

I don't understand this step. I'm guessing during the NTRboot, but I don't really understand what app I need to open?
Turn off your console. Hold Start. Press power while still holding Start.

DomeFossil

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Can someone give me a hand? I'm not sure what's gone wrong. I have al9h and Luma on 11.6 cfw, and I can't play my supercard dstwo (not the plus, just the regular one) anymore. I used to be able to do it on the 11.whatever firmware (I think 11.3) on al9h but now I can't. It's been updated and it plays on my DSlites and my 2DS with just vanilla sysNAND/emuNAND on 9.2, but I don't know why it's decided to stop being registered on my o3DS. It just says there's no card in there.

melske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
allright, so I did the whole ntrboot. Just realised at the very end, my SD card is only 2gb... So when I try to download pokemon sun, which is 3GB, I have a little problem! lol
Is there a site for larger 3ds SD cards? I know I need an MBR one, but searching on google, doesn't give me SD cards I can buy.. Does somebody have a site where I can buy them, or am I just a stupid fuckup and can I just download games, without replacing the SD?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
allright, so I did the whole ntrboot. Just realised at the very end, my SD card is only 2gb... So when I try to download pokemon sun, which is 3GB, I have a little problem! lol
Is there a site for larger 3ds SD cards? I know I need an MBR one, but searching on google, doesn't give me SD cards I can buy.. Does somebody have a site where I can buy them, or am I just a stupid fuckup and can I just download games, without replacing the SD?
Buy from any electronics store. Don't buy from ebay, because 99% of SD cards sold there are fake ones which will be smaller than they appear and may cause you to lose data. You can just copy your data over (if 32GB or less). If 64GB it higher you'll have to format as FAT32 first.

kompact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, going to try asking this for a third time, first time a guy recommended a cart that only plays NDS games, second time a guy linked me to CFW.
I want to play 3DS and NDS games, I don't want CFW. I put in bold the important parts below.

--

I am wanting to play 3DS games as well, not just DS.

Have a stock 3DS, have not used/updated it in years. What is the best flashcard to buy?
I don't care about the price rather I care about the best quality, support and compatibility.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok, going to try asking this for a third time, first time a guy recommended a cart that only plays NDS games, second time a guy linked me to CFW.
I want to play 3DS and NDS games, I don't want CFW. I put in bold the important parts below.

--

Have a stock 3DS, have not used/updated it in years. What is the best flashcard to buy?
I don't care about the price rather I care about the best quality, support and compatibility.
CFW can play 3DS games. Why go out and buy a Sky3DS/Stargate 3DS (Gateway works on CFW by the way), when you can get a ntrboot compatible flashcart, that can install CFW on your 3DS, and can be reused at the end as a normal DS flashcart for DS ROMs?

Last edited by MrJason005,
Reactions: Quantumcat

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--

CFW can play 3DS games. Why go out and buy a Sky3DS/Stargate 3DS? (Gateway works on CFW by the way), when you can get a ntrboot compatible flashcart, that can install CFW on your 3DS, and can be reused at the end as a normal DS flashcart for DS ROMs?
a flashcart like Sky3DS is more expensive and gets you a lesser experience. custom firmware is cheaper and gets you a better experience.

kompact

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To anyone else on these forums I'll try asking for a fourth time. Perhaps someone will be willing to answer my actual question instead of telling me what they would do.

I'll bold the important parts.

--

I have a stock 3DS I haven't used in a few years, I don't want CFW.
I am wanting to play 3DS games and DS.
What is the best flashcard to buy?
I don't want a link to CFW.

Thx.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
To anyone else on these forums I'll try asking for a fourth time. Perhaps someone will be willing to answer my actual question instead of telling me what they would do.

--

Thx.
No one is going to tell you to buy a 3DS flashcart, because it is a stupid thing to do. You can install CFW with a $20 flashcart and play all 3DS and DS games. With a Sky3DS you can only pay cartridge games, plus you risk being banned online if you don't also buy a PowerSaves and original 3DS game, plus you need a DS flashcart to play DS games.

CFW: $20 for DS flashcart, you can play all 3DS games and DS games
Sky3DS: $20 for DS flashcart, $100 for Sky3DS, $30 for PowerSaves, $10 for original 3DS game = $160 and you can't play any eShop only games

$20 for all games versus $160 and miss out on some games....

Seems completely obvious doesn't it?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

--

Thx.
You want people to tell you to buy a Sky3DS or a Stargate 3DS (is that even out?), but the truth of the matter is, no one will tell you to do it. Because 3DS flashcarts are a scam.
The recommended way to play 3DS games is with CFW.

Sky3DS at first released a flashcart which could only hold up to 10 games maximum, after which, you had to buy another Sky3DS (Those things cost 80$+). It was proven that this was an artificial limit to get you to buy more Sky3DSes.
Gateway 3DS hasn't pushed an update on their progress in 7 months. They also have a history of bricking customers 3DSes if they tampered with their code. Oh and also, Gateway 3DS is a form of CFW, since you need to be on an exploitable firmware to use their product.
Stargate 3DS, from the rumors I've heard, seems to be a fuse of the Sky3DS team and the Gateway 3DS team. So Gateway now fucked over all those customers that have been waiting 5+ months to get an update.

Honestly, you want to support these scam businesses? If they were a good option, you would think we would have no objections, no?

The reason that we are refusing to recommend you a flashcart is because 3DS flashcart companies are full of shit.

Why do you hate CFW so much?

You came to a thread were the knowledgeable people respond. We, as knowledgeable, would never recommend buying a Sky3DS or a Stargate 3DS.
I am 99% sure you know that these products exist and you want us to recommend them to you, but we never will. We see right through their bullshit and we never recommend buying them.
There was a time when 3DS flashcarts were actually one of the few ways you could play 3DS games, and they were better than the CFWs that were around (back then we didn't have polished CFWs like Luma).
You keep asking for a 3DS flashcarts over and over again, but you will never get a recommendation for them. If you want to be recommended such products, go somewhere else where people are not as informed as they are here.

Last edited by MrJason005,

DomeFossil

Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
You want people to tell you to buy a Sky3DS or a Stargate 3DS (is that even out?), but the truth of the matter is, no one will tell you to do it. Because 3DS flashcarts are a scam.

Sky3DS at first released a flashcart which could only hold up to 10 games maximum, after which, you had to buy another Sky3DS (Those things cost 80$+). It was proven that this was an artificial limit to get you to buy more Sky3DSes.
Gateway 3DS hasn't pushed an update on their progress in 7 months. They also have a history of bricking customers 3DSes if they tampered with their code. Oh and also, Gateway 3DS is a form of CFW, since you need to be on an exploitable firmware to use their product.
Stargate 3DS, from the rumors I've heard, seems to be a fuse of the Sky3DS team and the Gateway 3DS team. So Gateway now fucked over all those customers that have been waiting 5+ months to get an update.

Honestly, you want to support these scam businesses? If they were a good option, you would think we would have no objections, no?

The reason that we are refusing to recommend you a flashcart is because 3DS flashcart companies are full of shit.

You came to a thread were the knowledgeable people respond. We, as knowledgeable, would never recommend buying a Sky3DS or a Stargate 3DS.
I am 99% sure you know that these products exist and you want us to recommend them to you, but we never will. We see right through their bullshit and we never recommend buying them.
There was a time when 3DS flashcarts were actually one of the few ways you could play 3DS games, and they were better than the CFWs that were around (back then we didn't have polished CFWs like Luma).
You keep asking for a 3DS flashcarts over and over again, but you will never get a recommendation for them. If you want to be recommended such products, go somewhere else where people are not as informed as they are here.

I'm not sure why he's so opposed to CFW. If I remember correctly, you can get rid of it if it bothers you that much and turn the 3DS 'stock', but it takes a bit of effort. What is he so afraid of, the guide is comprehensive and pretty easy to understand. And the same 64 GB microSD he'd put in the flashcart can go in the 3DS instead, and hey presto, ROMs and HB.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Noob question if I use Cubic Ninja to run Ninjhax am I able to then install cia like fbi and free shop?
No. You must follow 3ds.guide to install CFW, which will allow you to run fbi and freehsop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone