• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I bought a second hand n3ds, when I boot it has Luma installed. The firmware is 11.5. I can't see anything like homebrew. Can I make homebrew happen? What do I need to do? How can I determine if there's a cfw installed?
Just some noob questions, help is appiciated!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So I bought a second hand n3ds, when I boot it has Luma installed. The firmware is 11.5. I can't see anything like homebrew. Can I make homebrew happen? What do I need to do? How can I determine if there's a cfw installed?
Just some noob questions, help is appiciated!
If you hold select on boot does it boot to Luma config? If so, what version of Luma does it say you're using? And what files are there on the 3ds' sd card (screenshot if there are a lot)

Reactions: zxr750j

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you hold select on boot does it boot to Luma config? If so, what version of Luma does it say you're using? And what files are there on the 3ds' sd card (screenshot if there are a lot)

Luma V6.6, 2 folders (Luma, Nintendo 3ds). The Luma folder only contains congif.bin.

ada201

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using the ntrboot method: when at the stage where I need to use magnet and hold down a key combo, the device powers on with a black screen for a few secs then powers off, or else just opens to the normal 3ds home screen. Any ideas? Thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Using the ntrboot method: when at the stage where I need to use magnet and hold down a key combo, the device powers on with a black screen for a few secs then powers off, or else just opens to the normal 3ds home screen. Any ideas? Thanks
Double check boot.firm on the SD card - it can't find it. Or try a different SD card.

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Attachments

• root.PNG
    root.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 139

kapapt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As long as you can access the Homebrew Launcher on your sysNAND, it doesn't matter what method of hax you use.

Use Rosalina to access the homebrew launcher. There are details on the finalising setup page, even you install FBI from the homebrew launcher.

Hi, I've done the migration of RX tools to B9S + Luma and i'm having all working and didnt loose any game that i had. Many thanks for your help.

Now, final question, i've a amount of files on SD, Whats is to keep and what is to delete?

Print screens in attachment

1.JPG 2.JPG

Many thanks for all the help that you two provided to me.

melske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just bought a 3DS with the 11.5.0-38E. Do I just need to follow this guide https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(hardmod).html to get the CFW on my 3DS? And I need to solder for this right? But I can't find where in the steps? I also read about https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware), but to my understanding I need another 3DS with already an hacked firmware? But how? Is there just a file I can download somewhere or do I physically need another 3DS on my side?
Or is it just better to downgrade to a lower version?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just bought a 3DS with the 11.5.0-38E. Do I just need to follow this guide https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(hardmod).html to get the CFW on my 3DS? And I need to solder for this right? But I can't find where in the steps? I also read about https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware), but to my understanding I need another 3DS with already an hacked firmware? But how? Is there just a file I can download somewhere or do I physically need another 3DS on my side?
Or is it just better to downgrade to a lower version?
You should use the ntrboot method. It's the easiest one. Dsiwarehax requires another hacked 3ds.

melske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright thnx. I have a DSTT at home, but I don't understand what I need to have on the flashcart before I put on the ak2i_ntrcardhax_flasher_dsi.nds file? I already formatted the card, so it's completely empty right now

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have an N3DS with Luma (Not sure which version) and B9 1.2. I heard that B9 1.3 is now out. Should I update to that? Is there any reason to update B9? I think I am on System Firmware 11.5. Thoughts and help appreciated [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The new ntrboot exploit is pretty cool, where you utilize the magnet to trigger sleep mode on the device. I don't really know how this works, but given that you hack the console during boot I was wondering if Nintendo has any way of patching this exploit up? I fear for 11.6 and it ruining modding capabilities once more ..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: