• Views 4,510,780
  • Replies 53,794
  • Likes 43

nafebrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone. Im really sorry if its been asked a million times however Ive not been able to find anything and was hoping to get some help.

I hacked my New3DSXL ages ago and stopped playing it but have since decided to get back into it and am struggling to work out what to do. Furthermore, Im struggling to recall what hack is installed etc etc.

What I do know is that Im running an EmuNAND, I *think* its using Home Menu haxx with Pasta CFW and Luma3DS 6.3. When I boot my New3DSXL I get the static looking top screen, followed by a Green flash on bottom screen and then finally Im met with a boot menu. I select Luma3DS and then boot into Emunand on version 11.2.0-35E. Booting without the MicroSD card goes straight into SysNAND 9.2.0-20E.

Based on what Ive read over the last few days I think the latest and best thing to have is B9S and latest Luma on SysNAND but Im not sure how to actually achieve that. Ive seen a bunch of fresh install guides and guides to upgrade from ARM9Loader Hack but considering I dont think I have ARM9Loader Ive got no idea where to start. I'd happily simply wipe the MicroSD and start from scratch however I dont know how to back up and transfer all of my installed CIA's and Save files.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction? Every time I look into doing this I end up confusing myself.

Edit: Should add too that if needed I do have legit Cubic Ninja, Supercard DS Two, Zelda OOT, Smash Bros and Gateway carts here.. Not sure if theyre at all relevant these days.. lol

Last edited by nafebrown,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. Im really sorry if its been asked a million times however Ive not been able to find anything and was hoping to get some help.

I hacked my New3DSXL ages ago and stopped playing it but have since decided to get back into it and am struggling to work out what to do. Furthermore, Im struggling to recall what hack is installed etc etc.

What I do know is that Im running an EmuNAND, I *think* its using Home Menu haxx with Pasta CFW and Luma3DS 6.3. When I boot my New3DSXL I get the static looking top screen, followed by a Green flash on bottom screen and then finally Im met with a boot menu. I select Luma3DS and then boot into Emunand on version 11.2.0-35E. Booting without the MicroSD card goes straight into SysNAND 9.2.0-20E.

Based on what Ive read over the last few days I think the latest and best thing to have is B9S and latest Luma on SysNAND but Im not sure how to actually achieve that. Ive seen a bunch of fresh install guides and guides to upgrade from ARM9Loader Hack but considering I dont think I have ARM9Loader Ive got no idea where to start. I'd happily simply wipe the MicroSD and start from scratch however I dont know how to back up and transfer all of my installed CIA's and Save files.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction? Every time I look into doing this I end up confusing myself.

Edit: Should add too that if needed I do have legit Cubic Ninja, Zelda OOT, Smash Bros and Gateway carts here.. Not sure if theyre at all relevant these days.. lol
Yeah just go here https://3ds.guide/get-started

Then follow all the directions for your consoles model. You'll have B9S and the latest Luma running on Sysnand in no time.

Reactions: nafebrown

nafebrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah just go here https://3ds.guide/get-started

Then follow all the directions for your consoles model. You'll have B9S and the latest Luma running on Sysnand in no time.

I dont think it was as simple as that :/ Got as far as finishing here https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher) and now I think my DS is bricked.

It does say at the bottom of the page, "If you get an error, just continue the next page" however to do what it asks in the next steps I need to be successfully able to boot, which I cant..

IMG_20170730_152243.jpg

Edit: Selecting Boot into EmuNAND in Luma3DS config allows me to boot my EmuNAND with no issues, I just cant boot into SysNAND.

Last edited by nafebrown,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I dont think it was as simple as that :/ Got as far as finishing here https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher) and now I think my DS is bricked.

It does say at the bottom of the page, "If you get an error, just continue the next page" however to do what it asks in the next steps I need to be successfully able to boot, which I cant..

View attachment 94045

Edit: Selecting Boot into EmuNAND in Luma3DS config allows me to boot my EmuNAND with no issues, I just cant boot into SysNAND.
Try following the Move emuNAND section. Https://3ds.guide/move-emunand

Lehas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, i missed the last 2 years of the 3ds scene and now im trying to get back. is this questen from 3ds.guide uptodate?
Q: I am on the latest system version, is my device hackable?
A: Yes

So if i buy a new nintendo 3ds xl there is no problem with any firmware version and i can hack it and play downloaded games?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, i missed the last 2 years of the 3ds scene and now im trying to get back. is this questen from 3ds.guide uptodate?

So if i buy a new nintendo 3ds xl there is no problem with any firmware version and i can hack it and play downloaded games?

11.4 and 11.5 both at this point require a 2nd HACKED system to allow it to be hacked. anything under 11.3 can look at having soundhax used to get cfw installed.

You need to look at the dsiwarehax for both 11.4 and 11.5 aswell as Installing boot9strap (DSiWare Game Injection List) - 3DS Guide

for the games that can be used for exploiting the system

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

The new 3ds XL should come with 11.3 or below so it should be easily hackable.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, the saves from the games in the redcard should be fine right? sorry im a huge noob. but yeah, other than that, not really. i don't use cias, i use 3dz files.
If you are going to leave gateway, then you will not be able to use .3DZ files, because only the gateway red card had the ability to use .3DS and .3DZ files. You will need to move your save data from each game to an equivalent .CIA version of that game (.CIA files are games that you can launch from the home menu, as if you've bought them from the eShop).
Converting .3DS files to .CIA files is not hard. GodMode9 does it for you.

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a N2DSXL recently in the hopes that ntrboothax would be out at this point. Given the fact that it isn't released yet, and I don't have access to another console with <11.4, I am strongly considering buying a refurb 2DS to transfer.

Are refurbs still shipping on <11.4?

navimor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, here´s my question:

If i install a cfw, can i get banned when i enter on eshop?
And playing online?

Thanks, and sorry for bad english.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I purchased a N2DSXL recently in the hopes that ntrboothax would be out at this point. Given the fact that it isn't released yet, and I don't have access to another console with <11.4, I am strongly considering buying a refurb 2DS to transfer.

You could just buy a cheap used O3DS on ebay and cross your fingers.
They go for like 50 pounds.
Hi, here´s my question:

If i install a cfw, can i get banned when i enter on eshop?
And playing online?

Thanks, and sorry for bad english.
There is always some risk whenever you go online with a hacked console. We can never make any promises, simply because we are not Nintendo and we don't know what algorithms they have in place to decide who gets banned and who doesn't.
Refer to this thread for more information.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

It's a gamble what firmware you would get, buy on ebay and ask the sellers to check the firmware. Or look at local classifieds (more likely to get something cheaper).

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a gamble what firmware you would get, buy on ebay and ask the sellers to check the firmware. Or look at local classifieds (more likely to get something cheaper).
I'm in the process of contacting sellers right now, actually. Since I'm not going to be using the console for anything else I'm targeting "as is" cosmetically worn systems. Odds are one of them are vulnerable.

Reactions: Quantumcat

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, just updated my GW system to CFW using the guide. Now per the same guide, I want to convert my GW saves using the tutorial here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

But I am totally stumped when I get to step 6 on that guide:

"Press select to open Gateway's rom menu and choose the game you're about to work on, but don't go into the game."

Pressing Select does nothing - how do I get into GW - how do I convert these saves? It's only 6 saves I care about, so I figured no big deal, but I can't get past this step.

I looked at this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

But it says in huge red letters not to use if above 11.2 firmware - the guide updated me to 11.5.

What do I do?

Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
OK, just updated my GW system to CFW using the guide. Now per the same guide, I want to convert my GW saves using the tutorial here:

"Press select to open Gateway's rom menu and choose the game you're about to work on, but don't go into the game."

Pressing Select does nothing - how do I get into GW - how do I convert these saves? It's only 6 saves I care about, so I figured no big deal, but I can't get past this step.

I looked at this thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/

But it says in huge red letters not to use if above 11.2 firmware - the guide updated me to 11.5.

What do I do?

Thanks!
You should have backed up your saves beforehand. Oh well. You can downgrade with 3Down: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3down-ctrnand-downgrade.467877/ or use 3DNUS to download the 11.2 files and install them using sysupdater.

Reactions: RickyEarl

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

What do I do?

Thanks!
Do you have an old NAND backup you can restore?

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should have backed up your saves beforehand. Oh well. You can downgrade with 3Down: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3down-ctrnand-downgrade.467877/ or use 3DNUS to download the 11.2 files and install them using sysupdater.

Wow, thanks for the fast response! Really appreciated!

Now that you say it, that makes sense. Not to complain (I certainly couldn't write it better), but I don't think that's clear in the save converting tutorial. When the tutorial said as the first step "1. Install all the cia games you need, for the games you're going to import saves with" it never occurred to me to do that before installing CFW. Rookie mistake, I guess.

Is there any up or down side to either of the two downgrading methods you mention? Do I just downgrade to 11.2, then follow the https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/ guide, and then go through the tutorial for converting saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking raining again