• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

hack3r2507

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So installed B9S via flashcard and DS profile but when I boot now I get this error from Luma:

An error has occurred:
Failed to get Process9 data.
Press any button to shutdown.

What should I do now? I'm on 4.3 on an old 3DS.

Last edited by hack3r2507,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So installed B9S via flashcard and DS profile but when I boot now I get this error from Luma:

An error has occurred:

On which step exactly did this start happening? Can you get to Luma settings if you hold select on boot?

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

An error has occurred:

I would make a thread so more people could see this.

raider360

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, so I've recently got 3DS (old) and I'm on 2.1.0-0E firmware.
I've checked a "get started guide" over here: https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds) but the method this guide describes is "browser only". My 3DS doesn't support that, because when I try to open Browser I'm getting the following message: "The internet browser will become available once you update your system via the internet".
Where should I go next? Is there any way I can specifically upgrade to a 11.3?
Thanks.

Last edited by raider360,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

An error has occurred:

Just keep going with the guide.

1. If your device is on a version between 3.0.0 and 4.5.0 (inclusive), your device will not boot until you manually download the required firmware:
    • Download this file and rename it to firmware.bin
    • Download this file
    • Copy firmware.bin and cetk to the /luma/ folder on your SD card
    • Delete both of these files after updating your device later in these instructions

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, so I've recently got 3DS (old) and I'm on 2.1.0-0E firmware.
I've checked a "get started guide" over here: https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds) but the method this guide describes is "browser only". My 3DS doesn't support that, because when I try to open Browser I'm getting the following message: "The internet browser will become available once you update your system via the internet".
Where should I go next? Is there any way I can specifically upgrade to a 11.3?
Thanks.
Update with a cartridge (to 4.x or 6.x only - research what version your cartridge will update you to before doing it. You'll then need a DS flashcart), or, if you already have a copy of Cubic Ninja you can install a9lh then later update to b9s.

Can i safely update from 11.2 to 11.4 on boot9strap installed?
Yes, the guide even tells you to.
  1. Update your device by going to System Settings, then “Other Settings”, then going all the way to the right and using “System Update”
    • Updates while using B9S + Luma (what you have) are safe
    • If this gives you an error, set your DNS settings to “auto”
    • If this still gives you an error and your NAND is below 9.2.0, follow 9.2.0 CTRTransfer, then try updating again

Reactions: Zyteus

Qyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, I ran into some trouble following the 3DS B9S tutorial. I was trying to upgrade from menuhax/emuNand and I got to this page. I installed boot9strap, but when I rebooted my 3DS I only get a screen telling me an error has occurred: "Unsupported launcher (argc = 0)". Now I can't get pass this error screen and can no longer boot my 3DS, any idea how I can fix this?

Reactions: straKK

straKK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I ran into some trouble following the 3DS B9S tutorial. I was trying to upgrade from menuhax/emuNand and I got to this page. I installed boot9strap, but when I rebooted my 3DS I only get a screen telling me an error has occurred: "Unsupported launcher (argc = 0)". Now I can't get pass this error screen and can no longer boot my 3DS, any idea how I can fix this?

I have the same issue. I had gateway installed prior to trying to install b9s.

edit: my issue was solved in this thread

Last edited by straKK,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have the same issue. I had gateway installed prior to trying to install b9s.

edit: going to try continuing with the installation process. Maybe it's because my firmware is between 3.0 and 4.5
edit2: no luck, there's no luma folder on my sd card.
Create the folder

hack3r2507

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just keep going with the guide.

Update with a cartridge (to 4.x or 6.x only - research what version your cartridge will update you to before doing it. You'll then need a DS flashcart), or, if you already have a copy of Cubic Ninja you can install a9lh then later update to b9s.

Yes, the guide even tells you to.
I have already downloaded these files after because I got an error. But after that I got the error that my 3DS can not find the process9 data.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm hardly a noob, but this problem has probably been addressed a dozen times yet I don't have time to dig right now.

My problem is some of my CIAs and cartridge games are booting to a black screen after the 3DS logo animation and I can't pinpoint why it's happening.

I'm on 11.4, Luma + Boot9strap V1

Anyone know what might be the cause? Worth noting that a fresh install of affected games seems not to help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm hardly a noob, but this problem has probably been addressed a dozen times yet I don't have time to dig right now.

My problem is some of my CIAs and cartridge games are booting to a black screen after the 3DS logo animation and I can't pinpoint why it's happening.

I'm on 11.4, Luma + Boot9strap V1

Anyone know what might be the cause? Worth noting that a fresh install of affected games seems not to help.
Try visiting the eShop page of the games that give you black screens (you might be missing the seed).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1