• Views 4,464,731
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

benq1995

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have this R4 - old model, only up to 2 GB. Will it work on my non-hacked o3DS ?

Attachments

• IMG_20170216_101549.jpg
    IMG_20170216_101549.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 137

Alak96

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with my 3DS XL, I installed a CFW on 11.2.0-35E, Luna I think I remembered it, I got to install FBI and run perfectly backups on the console. However, I got a bigger SD card, and without knowing that I had to clone the firmware from the old one to the new one, I formatted the console and introduced the new SD, in order to be able to reinstall the CFW in the new SD. Obviously the console did not turn on, so I introduced the old one to start the console, but having formatted the system, it seemed that it did not retain the entire firmware. The FBI icon appears, but when I enter it only appears the standard console manual and not the FBI menu, so I can not install any game or CIA file.

After a lot of testing, I decided to do the CFW process again from the beginning, but when I access the Homebrew Channel from the music application exploit, and select safehax, it stays on the famous black screen, having of course a game stuck in The console (and having tested with several different ones). I am also able to start the CFW menu when starting the console by pressing START, the black menu with several options. That's why I assumed that the CFW is half installed yet on the console, and my question was whether leaving the console to 0 could do the whole process from the beginning. Formatting from the console does not work, because it is necessary to insert the first SD, and return to what I explained at the beginning.

My question is how do I solve all this problem, I suppose first managing to unlink the SD from the console and leave it factory, and then carry out the whole process with the SD of greater capacity. The problem is that I do not know how. With actually removing everything related to CFW from the console and leaving it factory reset I suppose that would suffice.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I have a problem with my 3DS XL, I installed a CFW on 11.2.0-35E, Luna I think I remembered it, I got to install FBI and run perfectly backups on the console. However, I got a bigger SD card, and without knowing that I had to clone the firmware from the old one to the new one, I formatted the console and introduced the new SD, in order to be able to reinstall the CFW in the new SD. Obviously the console did not turn on, so I introduced the old one to start the console, but having formatted the system, it seemed that it did not retain the entire firmware. The FBI icon appears, but when I enter it only appears the standard console manual and not the FBI menu, so I can not install any game or CIA file.

After a lot of testing, I decided to do the CFW process again from the beginning, but when I access the Homebrew Channel from the music application exploit, and select safehax, it stays on the famous black screen, having of course a game stuck in The console (and having tested with several different ones). I am also able to start the CFW menu when starting the console by pressing START, the black menu with several options. That's why I assumed that the CFW is half installed yet on the console, and my question was whether leaving the console to 0 could do the whole process from the beginning. Formatting from the console does not work, because it is necessary to insert the first SD, and return to what I explained at the beginning.

My question is how do I solve all this problem, I suppose first managing to unlink the SD from the console and leave it factory, and then carry out the whole process with the SD of greater capacity. The problem is that I do not know how. With actually removing everything related to CFW from the console and leaving it factory reset I suppose that would suffice.
  • You need arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your new SD card
  • After system formatting, you need to install all games and software again

So all you need to do is inject FBI again, then install anything else you want to use. You don't need to reinstall a9lh, that stays no matter what.

By the way, to use a different SD card you only needed to copy and paste the files from one to the other. Formatting your system means you have to reinstall all your software again now.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

DDDarkLink

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I have a question after sucessfully installing ARM9LH/Luma/FBI:

I used a new SD for this, but I had some paid content on my old SD (some digital games+DLCs, some paid themes and the saves) that I would like to transfer to the new SD where I have de CFW, how could I do it without getting any problem? Just merging both 3ds directories work?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have this R4 - old model, only up to 2 GB. Will it work on my non-hacked o3DS ?

From what I've seen so far the card you posted wouldn't even work on hacked 3DS if it's the original first R4 .. At least on the Slot-1 Launcher homebrew page it states that it won't work on the original R4. If it ain't gonna work on hacked it won't work on un-hacked lol. Flashcarts are patched in the 3DS anyway at newer firmwares so without a hack you wouldn't be able to run any DS flashcart on it.

No to remove a NNID you need the password which I do not have :)

The content is fine, just 1 game - the NNID is what bothers me. Also dude left credit card info on there (password too) and i want it wiped asap, not trying to get involved with that!

i haven't installed much on here yet, just FBI, homebrew launcher cia and freeshop so losing that is not a big deal. i just don't know what a format will do to A9LH being installed and I don't want to have to hard mod to restore -_-

Whether you had the password to his NNID or not is irrelevant - you can not remove NNID from the console without formatting. If you format it, it will get rid of his NNID.

The only way to get rid of A9LH is if you deliberately uninstall it or launch something that does not have FIRM protection, such as Gateway... From which you can deduce that formatting does not affect A9LH. You will need to reinject FBI etc. once you format though, and take your SD card out while you format the device so that the SD is not formatted.

Last edited by Distrance,

Prot8toPot8to_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No to remove a NNID you need the password which I do not have :)

The content is fine, just 1 game - the NNID is what bothers me. Also dude left credit card info on there (password too) and i want it wiped asap, not trying to get involved with that!

i haven't installed much on here yet, just FBI, homebrew launcher cia and freeshop so losing that is not a big deal. i just don't know what a format will do to A9LH being installed and I don't want to have to hard mod to restore -_-
you should restore the backup

edit: you should do what @Distrance said. keep a9lh, its very useful.

Last edited by Prot8toPot8to_,

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should restore the backup

edit: you should do what @Distrance said. keep a9lh, its very useful.

I didn't ask about removing A9LH, why would anyone want to remove it?!? I asked about formatting and I was able to it just fine, worked with no issues and FBI remained in the H&S app :) made my life just a tad easier.

Alak96

Trophies
XP
Country
  • You need arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your new SD card
  • After system formatting, you need to install all games and software again
So all you need to do is inject FBI again, then install anything else you want to use. You don't need to reinstall a9lh, that stays no matter what.

By the way, to use a different SD card you only needed to copy and paste the files from one to the other. Formatting your system means you have to reinstall all your software again now.

Thanks, it worked just fine!

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey, I have a question after sucessfully installing ARM9LH/Luma/FBI:

I used a new SD for this, but I had some paid content on my old SD (some digital games+DLCs, some paid themes and the saves) that I would like to transfer to the new SD where I have de CFW, how could I do it without getting any problem? Just merging both 3ds directories work?
Merging the "Nintendo 3DS" folders SHOULD work. Backup the SD cards to your computer just to be sure.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this thread is for these kinds of questions but I was hoping for some advice in regards to broken circle pads.

Does Nintendo repair broken circle pads? For how much? Is it easy enough to do it myself if I get a replacement part? Is there any good 3rd party repair services that can be recommended? Is trying to superglue it back on something worth trying?

Thanks for any help that can be provided

DDDarkLink

Trophies
XP
Country
Merging the "Nintendo 3DS" folders SHOULD work. Backup the SD cards to your computer just to be sure.

Hey thnx for your answer :)

I did merge both 3DS folders and it only asked me to replace one file (phtcache.bin), I said no just in case, so I keep the phtcache.bin of my CFW SD. The thing is nothing seems to have changed, I still see the games I had on my CFW SD but the games/DLCs/Themes from my old SD aren't there. I even checked on settings what programs my SD has, and it doesn't show any of the old SD games.

Should I try replacing the phtcache.bin?

Also, I'm worried to mess with this without knowing (that's why I ask here), I don't want to break my console, but I have a backup as you told me, so even if I replace that file and it doesn't work there shouldn't be a problem right?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey thnx for your answer :)

I did merge both 3DS folders and it only asked me to replace one file (phtcache.bin), I said no just in case, so I keep the phtcache.bin of my CFW SD. The thing is nothing seems to have changed, I still see the games I had on my CFW SD but the games/DLCs/Themes from my old SD aren't there. I even checked on settings what programs my SD has, and it doesn't show any of the old SD games.

Should I try replacing the phtcache.bin?

Also, I'm worried to mess with this without knowing (that's why I ask here), I don't want to break my console, but I have a backup as you told me, so even if I replace that file and it doesn't work there shouldn't be a problem right?

The tickets aren't installed for the games, DLC and themes so they cannot show up until you reinstall their tickets. I believe this can be done with Tikshop, but I've never used it myself. I don't know what the file phtcache.bin is but it definitely is not the cause of them not appearing.

Rune

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now that 11.3 is out, is it still possible to follow the 3ds.guide but somehow only upgrade to 11.2 in the process? Or is it a case of where once you've downgraded to 2.1.0, you can only then upgrade back up to the very latest firmware out at that time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol