Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can use this https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP
The option called "System Info"

Also:
- If you have a folder called "payloads" inside your "luma" folder, then you probably are using a9lh
- If you can launch any app like hourglass9 or decrypt9 pressing start or up (these are the common buttons, but you could have another different conf)
then you're using a9lh
- If you go to System config and see "SYS" insted of "EMU", then you probably are using a9lh.
- If you' instead of launch luma when you're on the homebrew launcher, launch decrypt9 and works, then you're probably NOT using a9lh

I do have a folder called "payloads" inside my "luma" folder. It's empty though.

I can't find System config to see if it says "SYS" or "EMU". Did you mean "System settings"?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I do have a folder called "payloads" inside my "luma" folder. It's empty though.

I can't find System config to see if it says "SYS" or "EMU". Did you mean "System settings"?
Yes, when you press SELECT while booting luma, you have an option called "show NAND or user string in system settings" or something like that, enable it...
Then you should be able to see "SYS" or "EMU" instead of the tipical "ver."
People with a9lh boots decrypt9 through a payload that goes inside the "payloads" folder, because if they try running it through homebrew launcher, It will crash.
For this reason, if you are able to run decrypt9 through homebrew launcher the same way you launch luma, I would say you are using emunand without a9lh.

jinzo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all, i have an old 3DS and im still using my gateway card and i want to use A9HBL but my stock firmware is 4.5(U) im confused with all the information in the forums can someone tell me where to start? and there is a way to keep my saves to use with A9HBL? thank you in advanced.

Edit: Ok, i found a post about the saves:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

But i still confused about where to start or the tutorial for my 4.5 firmware.

Last edited by jinzo,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all, i have an old 3DS and im still using my gateway card and i want to use A9HBL but my stock firmware is 4.5(U) im confused with all the information in the forums can someone tell me where to start? and there is a way to keep my saves to use with A9HBL? thank you in advanced.

Edit: Ok, i found a post about the saves:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

But i still confused about where to start or the tutorial for my 4.5 firmware.
Follow http://3ds.guide/get-started. After you pick your type of console and region you can pick your firmware for where to start.

Reactions: jinzo

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, when you press SELECT while booting luma, you have an option called "show NAND or user string in system settings" or something like that, enable it...
Then you should be able to see "SYS" or "EMU" instead of the tipical "ver."
People with a9lh boots decrypt9 through a payload that goes inside the "payloads" folder, because if they try running it through homebrew launcher, It will crash.
For this reason, if you are able to run decrypt9 through homebrew launcher the same way you launch luma, I would say you are using emunand without a9lh.

Thanks for the help. It appears I do NOT have a9hl installed. Being that everyone in the forums keeps raving that a9hl is the way to go, I'll look into installing it.

EDIT: Looking at this guide, it appears I have to downgrade from 9.2 to 2.1 :/ Will I lose all of my installed games & saves/dlc? Seems like a lot of trouble to me. What are the benefits of having a9hl besides 0% crash rate and quicker boot?

Last edited by shafty710,

doughmay

Huh. Time went by fast.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. It appears I do NOT have a9hl installed. Being that everyone in the forums keeps raving that a9hl is the way to go, I'll look into installing it.

EDIT: Looking at this guide, it appears I have to downgrade from 9.2 to 2.1 :/ Will I lose all of my installed games & saves/dlc? Seems like a lot of trouble to me. What are the benefits of having a9hl besides 0% crash rate and quicker boot?
Just backup your NAND

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Back up both You'll have the option to move your emuNAND over to your sysNAND near the end of the guide.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Was also wondering, what are the benefits of having a9hl besides 0% crash rate and quicker boot time? I do think I read something about saving SD card space...?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Was also wondering, what are the benefits of having a9hl besides 0% crash rate and quicker boot time? I do think I read something about saving SD card space...?
EmuNAND and any games you have installed onto it take up SD card space. With a9lh, you no longer need an emuNAND and therefore can save SD card space to install more games and apps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@