Canada
Reactions: gerkyo38

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
PlaiSysUpdater is a fork of SafeSysUpdater and was previously used in Plailect's guide (back when the guide was still on his GitHub). It has since been replaced by sysDowngrader.

Is it as name implies - safe? Safer than the currently suggested version anyway? Not the first time I see SysUpdater being mentioned, some going as far as using it instead of sysDowngrader and claiming that it's better.

As far as the original poster goes - I was confused because he said "PlaysysUpdater" ..

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA VC Injects, install them as CIAs.

Got a link to a decent explanation or tutorial thread for that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, another noob question... can .cia's connect and play online? Or do I need to put my actual game cart in?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a link to a decent explanation or tutorial thread for that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, another noob question... can .cia's connect and play online? Or do I need to put my actual game cart in?
Use asdolo's Ultimate GBA VC Injector.

CIAs can connect online. You do not have to worry about being banned nor do you need a cart.

Reactions: gerkyo38

xitrum4692

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. I have just received my hardmod-ed and arm9loaderhax-ed N3DS today. I have a couple of question:
- What do I need to backup and which software I need to use for that?
- I heard that I need to backup the sysNAND or EmuNAND, but when I open FBI, it only has one "Dumping NAND" which was running fine. So I don't know whether that's enough.
- Also, what is a ticket (which I have options to install many of them using FBI)?
Thank you so much guys.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have just received my hardmod-ed and arm9loaderhax-ed N3DS today. I have a couple of question:
- What do I need to backup and which software I need to use for that?
- I heard that I need to backup the sysNAND or EmuNAND, but when I open FBI, it only has one "Dumping NAND" which was running fine. So I don't know whether that's enough.
- Also, what is a ticket (which I have options to install many of them using FBI)?
Thank you so much guys.
Use Hourglass9 to backup and restore your NAND. I wouldn't reconmend using FBI as I haven't messed with that option personally nor have I seen anyone else mess with that option. If the person who hardmodded and installed a9lh on your system recently followed Plailect's guide, then do the following: Turn off your system, press and hold the start button, turn your system on while still holding the start button and your system should boot into Hourglass9. From there, you'll want to choose SysNAND Backup/Resore, and then SysNAND Backup. You should no longer have an emuNAND. Using Hourglass9 to restore your NAND backups will ensure that you keep a9lh.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a 11.0 System that I want to hack, it will be the Target. So if I format the Target, the NNID on it will be unlinked, but not lost. I get a message that I can log into this NNID again on the console.
Now I perform a system transfer to hack the Target. After the Target is hacked, I format the hacked Target . I don't care about the NNID that got moved from the source, I will dispose of it.

But the question is: Can I log back in with my original NNID on the Target ?
Or will this not be possible after the System Transfer? Because the original NNID on the Target doesn't get moved!

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a 11.0 System that I want to hack, it will be the Target. So if I format the Target, the NNID on it will be unlinked, but not lost. I get a message that I can log into this NNID again on the console.
Now I perform a system transfer to hack the Target. After the Target is hacked, I format the hacked Target . I don't care about the NNID that got moved from the source, I will dispose of it.

But the question is: Can I log back in with my original NNID on the Target ?
Or will this not be possible after the System Transfer? Because the original NNID on the Target doesn't get moved!

You can login just fine. A 3DS console can have any number of NNID's linked to it, but only one can be active at a time. To switch between the active one, the system must be formatted. What you described is the way to go about it. You do not however, need to format before transfer, as transferring will format the device.

Formatting does not unlink the NNID though; Were it unlinked, it'd be usable on ANY console, not just that one. It'll still remain linked on that console; hence why you can login on the same NNID after format.

adityeah

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I am new to the community (and 3DS in general).

Few days ago when my n3ds was on 11.0, I was able to use browserhax and menuhax to install Homebrew on my n3ds. Then my n3ds got automatically updated and I since then have lost the Homebrew access.

My question is:

1. If I ever want to get the a9lh (or the newer 33c3) - the fact that I had already installed HBL and lost it, would that matter? (The SD card will still have the HB kit, right)
2. If I want to go back to the factory state (since I am on 11.2 anyway and not able to use any HB), what do I need to do?

Thanks!

RobSocksLesauteu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I had a new 3ds xl for xmas and it is on version 9.8.8-25E and I had a gateway cartridge to go with it, however I understand that I cannot run the gateway exploit to run cfw or roms as I need Zleda or Cubic, is this correct ?

My Daughter does have the old style 3ds xl, is there anyway I can take files off of her 3ds to run the exploit ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by RobSocksLesauteu,

androiduser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of noob questions, as I got a pre-modded n3ds for Christmas :)

1. How do I know it has a CFW installed. When I start it it boots into initial setup.
2. Will i loose my CFW if I factory reset.
3. How do I know its not banned online.
4. What if I get an update from Nintendo, am I safe to install it.
5. I read about sysNand and emuNand on gbatemp and get the concept, do I use sysnand or emunand.
6. Any other advice for a first time 3ds user with CFW (total noob).

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can login just fine. A 3DS console can have any number of NNID's linked to it, but only one can be active at a time. To switch between the active one, the system must be formatted. What you described is the way to go about it. You do not however, need to format before transfer, as transferring will format the device.

Formatting does not unlink the NNID though; Were it unlinked, it'd be usable on ANY console, not just that one. It'll still remain linked on that console; hence why you can login on the same NNID after format.

Ok, thanks. The exact wording from Nintendo during the formatting process is:
"This will remove the link to this Nintendo Network ID"

And if I were to System Transfer back to the Source Device, both NNID would be grabbed in the process and transferred onto the Source console. Because of that I wouldn't be able to log in again - even though the NNID of interest is not active.

This is why I'm fine with disposing of the sources NNID; I also don't want to call Nintendo.

Lcfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hello,

I got a N3DS on 11.0.0-33 for a year now, with a SKY3DS blue button card.

Since the Antipiracy thing from Nintendo is still strong, I was thinking about following the CFW on it, and maybe enjoy the .cia games aswell.

Would love some links to read up on it. (if of course my version of n3ds is able to get CFW)

Thanks alot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@