• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Sahasra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone know what version the new Pokemon Sun/Moon N3DS XL are running? I'm assuming someone in NA or Asia got ahold of one by now. I would guess its running 11.2.0-35. Is 11.2.0-35 still possible to downgrade with DSiware like Fieldrunners?

I got mine yesterday, it was on 11.0 (EUR)

Reactions: Pokepicker

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@Sahasra thanks for the heads up.
Now, I might be retarded but I thought these special edition consoles often came with games pre-installed. One of my local shops state on their site that there are no games included in this package.
Could you clarify if it comes with one of the games installed or not? :)

Sahasra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just the console, there is nothing special installed compared to a normal n3DS, most of the limited N3DS XL didn't have the game I think. I don't know about you but it was the same price as a regular N3DS XL here.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I use the Gateway Card and put a *.3ds copy of Pokemon Sun on it, and play it - ONLY OFFLINE - will it leave any traces?
I preordered the game but in Germany it will not be available before next wednesday - can't wait though.
The important thing is, that it won't get me into any trouble!

C_Ren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, new problem. I've tried moving my old emuNand to my sysNand but something messed up and I'm getting a black screen on boot. The test payload works on the trouble shooting page of https://plailect.github.io/Guide/troubleshooting#ts_sys_down but I have no idea where to go from here. I tried suggestions 1 through 5 and they don't work. Did something happen when I was copying my files back after formatting?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, new problem. I've tried moving my old emuNand to my sysNand but something messed up and I'm getting a black screen on boot. The test payload works on the trouble shooting page of https://plailect.github.io/Guide/troubleshooting#ts_sys_down but I have no idea where to go from here. I tried suggestions 1 through 5 and they don't work. Did something happen when I was copying my files back after formatting?
Try dumping it again, maybe something went wrong there. You can also do a 9.2 CTR transfer to get back to a booting state.

Zamando

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have used the guide to install a9lh + luma, but when i am supposed to inject the h&s app i cannot select the file to inject.
I have placed all the files in the correct folder /files9/
What might I have missed? I've searched around a bit and cannot find anything.

I'm at section V in this guide https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
The update was successful in the previous step (although it fail first and I had to do the extra step before the update working) and I am currently at version 11.2.0-35E

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm stupid, I had copied the N3DS file, not the O3DS. Sorry, but thanks anyways!

Last edited by Zamando,

Sahasra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying to use four swords to downgrade, but after replacing the public.sav, everytime I launch the game it just hangs on a white screen. It's on an o3DS with A9LH and Luma, and other dsiware games, and ds carts still work, I have no idea where I failed.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so I just entered the scene after a couple months of being absent. Seems like ALOT has happened. I'm still using 9.0 n3ds with mset and Gateway EmuNAND via ds Profile.

I'm interested in getting the most out of the system now, where do I start?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So Luma is the Custom Firmware that works without a gateway? What about A9LH and Opt.bin ?
A9LH is the entrypoint, like the DS profile exploit. Except a million times better than the DS profile exploit.
OTP is a file you need to extract from your O3DS/2DS in order to install it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so you are saying to go back to this step from the top right? https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
sorry, I am completely confused here and am not very good at this
This:
If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND instead of doing the first step in this section.
The link leads to https://plailect.github.io/Guide/move-emunand
The relevant section being
3. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
4. Go to “EmuNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “EmuNAND Backup” option to backup your EmuNAND to NAND_emu.bin

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A9LH is the entrypoint, like the DS profile exploit. Except a million times better than the DS profile exploit.
OTP is a file you need to extract from your O3DS/2DS in order to install it.

Sounds great, so I would indeed not need the Gateway after the process?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yeah, that's the problem. I can't get anything but a black screen. The only response I get is being able to turn off the console by pressing A with the test payload. So I guess I'm just bricked?
You're not bricked if the test payload works. Did you already try making a new backup and restoring it?

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT