• Views 4,521,790
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So today I tried to get arm9loaderhax on my friend's 9.5E N3DS, and it ended with the Nintendo error screen during downgrade. Luckily, I've got my own N3DS with a9lh and I'm looking to do the DSiWare method of getting him to at least luma3DS. I've been reading around the forum and on Plailect's guide, and I've got some questions.
First off, how useful is the Firmware backup you make (F0F1_N3DS.bin). Is it fully possible to restore the system by hardmod just with this?
Second off, how possible is it to get a brick with these steps going from 11.0 to 11.0 with 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM?
Third off, are there any precautions I can make to avoid the brick (like for the 9.5 to 9.2 where you format the system and the sd card)?
Lastly, as far as I've understood, to save my own NNID (which I don't care too much about tbh but it's linked to my system) the DIY method is to do a system transfer back to my own a9lh 3ds (the one called 3DS #1 in the guide) after a week has passed since the initial system transfer?

Thanks for any answers!

Last edited by Zense,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
So today I tried to get arm9loaderhax on my friend's 9.5E N3DS, and it ended with the Nintendo error screen during downgrade. Luckily, I've got my own N3DS with a9lh and I'm looking to do the DSiWare method of getting him to at least luma3DS. I've been reading around the forum and on Plailect's guide, and I've got some questions.
First off, how useful is the Firmware backup you make (F0F1_N3DS.bin). Is it fully possible to restore the system by hardmod just with this?
Second off, how possible is it to get a brick with these steps going from 11.0 to 11.0 with 10.4 NATIVE_FIRM?
Third off, are there any precautions I can make to avoid the brick (like for the 9.5 to 9.2 where you format the system and the sd card)?
Lastly, as far as I've understood, to save my own NNID (which I don't care too much about tbh but it's linked to my system) the DIY method is to do a system transfer back to my own a9lh 3ds (the one called 3DS #1 in the guide) after a week has passed since the initial system transfer?

Thanks for any answers!
Try the downgrade again on the system if its still booting. That error can happen and just lands you on a partial downgrade. If you run the down grader again it will downgrade the missing parts

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try the downgrade again on the system if its still booting. That error can happen and just lands you on a partial downgrade. If you run the down grader again it will downgrade the missing parts
Haha, thanks, but I had to go to the recovery menu and update to 11.0 since I got a soft-brick. I guess I should've clarified that.

Last edited by Zense,

stan423321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so this is more of a homebrew question but I can see no separate noob question thread in that section

I have an 11.0.0-33 EU O3DS and decided to install some homebrew for temporary fun. Browserhax is working ATM but since it's remote-nuked unless you avoid eShop I wanted to replace it with some permanent exploit. Now, from what I understand apparently oot3dhax went quite bad due to ASLR, including both usage and installation, so the next natural entrypoint from my viewpoint was [new] Citizens of Earth.

There is a lot of text about getting the latest HBL and providing RAM maps, I'm pretty sure I've done these two things well, and the expected symptoms of failing at doing that are either red or yellow touch screen at the moment of freeze. In my case the freeze happens, reliably, the screen is (slightly dark) blue though, which is quite confusing. I've tested JKSM and svdt, which also end up freezing with a blue touch screen when targeting CoE.

Am I forgetting something? Is something perhaps not working on O3DS by design or oversight? Is it a less known bug? Is my 3DS, perhaps, special?

before someone asks about just using menuhax: I had my subjective reasons to avoid it at first (it sounded relatively dangerous while messing with other system functionality), but the main reason I don't proceed with it right now is that I'm afraid of the last option above. For all means and purposes I think humblehax installer should just have worked otherwise.

some random stuff that comes to mind: unsurprisingly save managers and official exploit installer crash to yellow. they booted with Ace Attorney Trilogy without problems. replacing CoE memmap with v1 results in yellow screen. Ace Attorney DD resulted in yellow screen before I copied the memmap pack, since then it works. The blue screen seems unique to me atm, although I didn't do thorough testing.

some even more random stuff: I have both physical and digital OoT, and HBL didn't ask me which one I wanted to target when launching official installer. They are separate entries on sm's target selection though (though they look the same it seems). I doubt this has much to do with CoE but I wanted to point out this case seems to not be covered by HBL developers

GoMati

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys! Posted here some time ago, thought you can help me assess things logically. So I've been following the guide up to Part3 then accidentaly upgraded my sysNAND instead of redNAND to 11.0 (Yes, I'm an idiot). I can access Homebrew Launcher but not EnuCAND9 (red screen the back to homebre launcher). You think it's worth waiting till maybe someday I'll be able to restore my sysNAND copy of 9.2 or should I buy another 3DS?

Thanks in advance!

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hi guys! Posted here some time ago, thought you can help me assess things logically. So I've been following the guide up to Part3 then accidentaly upgraded my sysNAND instead of redNAND to 11.0 (Yes, I'm an idiot). I can access Homebrew Launcher but not EnuCAND9 (red screen the back to homebre launcher). You think it's worth waiting till maybe someday I'll be able to restore my sysNAND copy of 9.2 or should I buy another 3DS?

Thanks in advance!

if you can buy a 3ds with exploitable firmware or maybe you could ask a friend who has a modded 3ds and downgrade via dsiware

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
so this is more of a homebrew question but I can see no separate noob question thread in that section

I have an 11.0.0-33 EU O3DS and decided to install some homebrew for temporary fun. Browserhax is working ATM but since it's remote-nuked unless you avoid eShop I wanted to replace it with some permanent exploit. Now, from what I understand apparently oot3dhax went quite bad due to ASLR, including both usage and installation, so the next natural entrypoint from my viewpoint was [new] Citizens of Earth.

There is a lot of text about getting the latest HBL and providing RAM maps, I'm pretty sure I've done these two things well, and the expected symptoms of failing at doing that are either red or yellow touch screen at the moment of freeze. In my case the freeze happens, reliably, the screen is (slightly dark) blue though, which is quite confusing. I've tested JKSM and svdt, which also end up freezing with a blue touch screen when targeting CoE.

Am I forgetting something? Is something perhaps not working on O3DS by design or oversight? Is it a less known bug? Is my 3DS, perhaps, special?

before someone asks about just using menuhax: I had my subjective reasons to avoid it at first (it sounded relatively dangerous while messing with other system functionality), but the main reason I don't proceed with it right now is that I'm afraid of the last option above. For all means and purposes I think humblehax installer should just have worked otherwise.

some random stuff that comes to mind: unsurprisingly save managers and official exploit installer crash to yellow. they booted with Ace Attorney Trilogy without problems. replacing CoE memmap with v1 results in yellow screen. Ace Attorney DD resulted in yellow screen before I copied the memmap pack, since then it works. The blue screen seems unique to me atm, although I didn't do thorough testing.

some even more random stuff: I have both physical and digital OoT, and HBL didn't ask me which one I wanted to target when launching official installer. They are separate entries on sm's target selection though (though they look the same it seems). I doubt this has much to do with CoE but I wanted to point out this case seems to not be covered by HBL developers
OoT installer is broken on 11.0 and probably other installers are as well. Nothing bad can happen on ANY homebrew on 11.0 as there's no access to any vital parts of the system (except if you do a hardmod/DSiWare downgrade to re-enable legit cia installation). The only drawback to menuhax is you have to reinstall it if you change the theme, and that's it.

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Hi I have a problem, I'm on step 4 of getting a9lh on my n3ds, but I'm trying to inject health and safety and it says that hs.enc has wrong size, but I checked and it was the same size

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hi I have a problem, I'm on step 4 of getting a9lh on my n3ds, but I'm trying to inject health and safety and it says that hs.enc has wrong size, but I checked and it was the same size

download the app and generate it again from the batch file on the computer
also erase hs.app and hs.enc to make sure

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OoT installer is broken on 11.0 and probably other installers are as well. Nothing bad can happen on ANY homebrew on 11.0 as there's no access to any vital parts of the system (except if you do a hardmod/DSiWare downgrade to re-enable legit cia installation). The only drawback to menuhax is you have to reinstall it if you change the theme, and that's it.
11.0.0.33 support
11.0.0.33 is supported with the June 26, 2016, oot3dhax release builds.

This contains raw savedata images. See the oot3dhax repo README for documentation.

This added oot3dhax 11.0.0-33 support.

https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Besides using the installer app, writing raw saveimages with a save dongle for example is another option.

You can also use menuhax 3.0 with support for 11.0.0-33

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello there

I'll make it simple I don't know anything about the state of the 3ds scene

I have a 3DS XL (F.W. 10.7)

I'm interested in running game backups / what are my options ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye